• 71 results
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#51  Edited By Hailinel
@Geno:  Dude, I've known Microsoft employees that admit to more faults in their OS designs than you do.
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By shiftymagician
@Video_Game_King said:
" @nemt said:
" TC literally uses Windows 3.1 "
I'm using Vista, but I'm not sure that it makes things any better. Also, not really satisfied with the solutions I see in my one-year-old thread. "
You aren't satisfied with them because they weren't really "solutions" as it were in the sense that hardly any reply tried to go through steps to diagnose the system and recommend actions to take to solve it.  

For me personally, it did nothing to help me figure out anything at all.  Google is so much better at it.  One year since this thread was made, it still has hardly done anything to really solve anything when the internet may likely have the answers in a more understandable format.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By artofwar420

Windows 7 has helped me find a couple of things faster. Like a missing drive, but I don't know if that qualifies as a "solution" more than a "necessity."

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Example1013

I find it hilarious that a mod resurrected a one-year-old thread. I know it's totally appropriate in this case, but it's still funny.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By shiftymagician
@example1013 said:
" I find it hilarious that a mod resurrected a one-year-old thread. I know it's totally appropriate in this case, but it's still funny. "
Same for me.  I also find it funny that said mod didn't reply to himself for resurrecting it, then locking it down to stop him/herself from performing self-shenanigans.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Example1013
@ShiftyMagician said:
" @example1013 said:
" I find it hilarious that a mod resurrected a one-year-old thread. I know it's totally appropriate in this case, but it's still funny. "
Same for me.  I also find it funny that said mod didn't reply to himself for resurrecting it, then locking it down to stop him/herself from performing self-shenanigans. "
Probably including giving him/herself warnings about resurrecting dead threads, with a possible suspension for repeated offenses.
dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By dagas

It happened a couple of months ago actually. I could barely believe it. I can't think of any other time where it actually managed to fix the problem, but then I think it may have been one of the first times I tried to let windows fix anything in a while. Maybe they have gotten better.

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By nemt

Whichever mod did it is the best mod on GiantBomb.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By zeforgotten
@example1013 said:
" @ShiftyMagician said:
" @example1013 said:
Same for me.  I also find it funny that said mod didn't reply to himself for resurrecting it, then locking it down to stop him/herself from performing self-shenanigans. "
Probably including giving him/herself warnings about resurrecting dead threads, with a possible suspension for repeated offenses. "
The mods have the right to do whatever they feel like doing on this site.
They could/will ban us for talking about this! 
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@ZeForgotten said:

" @example1013 said:

" @ShiftyMagician said:

" @example1013 said:

Probably including giving him/herself warnings about resurrecting dead threads, with a possible suspension for repeated offenses. "
The mods have the right to do whatever they feel like doing on this site. They could/will ban us for talking about this! 
"
You're all banned. The lot of you. Good riddance!!!!  

Joking aside, there is nothing wrong with bumping an older thread if you have something to add to the discussion. And I think this thread coming top in a google search is pretty impressive and something that people might be interested in. I could have created a new thread saying "hey guys some other forum thread was top in a random google search I did" but that would have been dumb, so I just posted it here instead.

And now you're probably going to complain at me for quote pyramiding

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By zeforgotten
@MattyFTM said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @example1013 said:
" @ShiftyMagician said:
" @example1013 said:
The mods have the right to do whatever they feel like doing on this site.
They could/will ban us for talking about this! 
"
You're all banned. The lot of you. Good riddance!!!!

Joking aside, there is nothing wrong with bumping an older thread if you have something to add to the discussion. And I think this thread coming top in a google search is pretty impressive and something that people might be interested in. I could have created a new thread saying "hey guys some other forums thread was top in a random google search I did" but that would have been dumb, so I just posted it here instead.
"
You could have done just that and nobody would have had the balls to flag it for not having anything worth discussing since you're a mod :P
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@ZeForgotten: People can't flag me anyway. They get a message saying that it's not possible to flag moderators or staff. Go on, try to flag me. I dare you. You know you want to.
Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Tally_Pants
@Jaxboy said:
" @Geno:  Yeah, I guess all those service packs and other updates are simply "enhancements", never bug fixes. "
That's just free DLC from Microsoft to say thank you for buying there perfectly working operating interface!
@Geno said:

" @MrKlorox said:

Are we in the same thread here? Sometimes Windows just fucks up. It's kinda notorious for that, actually. "

Yes, it fucks up if you fuck it up. I haven't had a problem with Windows for years, basically as soon as I stopped torrenting. The mass public has been notorious too for not knowing how to use computers; coincidence? "
You have operated a computer before... right?!
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By zeforgotten
@MattyFTM: FUCKING HELL!
That's no fair! Though I wouldn't be able to flag you anyways since my karma level is shit because people keep flagging me for being better than them :(
Not better than you or the other mods though, nobody's better than you guys apparantly! 
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By stonyman65

Haven't had a problem recently, most of the time when this stuff happens it is because your CPU is getting bottlenecked. You're trying to run something or do to much at the same time that your CPU can't handle all at once.   So get a faster CPU, or more RAM.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#66  Edited By Tordah

I've always hit the "End program now" button so I wouldn't know.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By PerryVandell

It hasn't for me, but I'm sure somewhere at sometime Windows actually found a solution for someone--at least I like to hope so.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By crusader8463

I think it did once. Can't remember.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Example1013
@MattyFTM: I'll only flag you if I have it in writing that I won't get punitive measures. Also, I wasn't saying that it was a bad post, because I know what you posted was completely relevant, and thus not spam/necroposting. Still, it's kinda funny.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DystopiaX
@ZeForgotten said:
" @MattyFTM: FUCKING HELL!
That's no fair! Though I wouldn't be able to flag you anyways since my karma level is shit because people keep flagging me for being better than them :(
Not better than you or the other mods though, nobody's better than you guys apparantly! 
"
Same, people get pissed at me because I'm kind of an asshole (to borrow Will's line). But sometimes being an asshole is easier or quicker or more fun than trying to be nice...
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Example1013

Somehow I don't think I've gotten flagged yet.