Have you ever have had your account hacked?

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm freaking out right now because I feel someone hacked my PSN account. I can't sign in and every time I try to change my password they say that my birthdate is invalid and don't give me the prompt. That means someone must have got onto my account and changed it, right?

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TehBuLL

I got my WoW account hacked once. That was fun. Goodluck man.

Also note that Sony reset a lot of PSN accounts passwords when PS4 if I remember a headline I saw right.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

On Twitter. *shifty eyes*

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AcidBrandon18

And of course this happens when tech support closes for the night. >_<

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My steam account and my Cabal Online account has been hacked.

RazorRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playstation support posted this on twitter today

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AcidBrandon18

@razorramen: Thank god. I saw that on Kotaku. Still doesn't explain why my date of birth is messed up though. :/ Atleast now I can stop checking my bank account every minute.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By RonGalaxy

I'm freaking out right now because I feel someone hacked my PSN account. I can't sign in and every time I try to change my password they say that my birthdate is invalid and don't give me the prompt. That means someone must have got onto my account and changed it, right?

try changing your password on here. I changed mine recently and it didnt ask for a birthday

If that doesnt work, contact customer support and watch to make sure your credit card isnt being charged by someone else (if you have one associated with the account).

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

My Guild Wars 2 account is hacked like every week, according to my email. Still don't do shit cause of the two-step authentication. And if they do well.. I hope they play it longer than I did!

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I find "hacked" to be way too overused when people simply have their passwords guessed, sessions hijacked, or keys logged. You're not that special to be singled out and hacked.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By cornbredx

My WoW account was hacked twice and I lost everything, twice.

But other than that, no.

You should call them if the website doesn't work. If it is hacked, the longer they have access to it the worse it can be (to help, though, I don't think you really have that much to worry about, but still call them if you cant get it to work from the site). Odds are it's not hacked but better safe than sorry.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

When I was like 13-14 I used to go to the Rec Center after class to play Runescape. There were a lot of kids that played it there, most of them were assholes. I was hacked multiple times. Had to have an in game bank pin and deposit all of my stuff whenever I logged out. I also got hacked in Warcraft a couple of times, not sure how. They just made alternate characters to advertise gold selling.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think my old ass email might have, but I never has sensitive info on it.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also had my wow account hacked, i ended up giving up talking with blizzard about it. they wanted copies of photo ID and all this nonsense

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once, years and years ago I had my Steam account hijacked. It took less than 24 hours to get in contact with Steam support and regain control of my account. Now I use more robust passwords on everything and haven't had an issue since.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tehbull said:

I got my WoW account hacked once. That was fun. Goodluck man.

Also note that Sony reset a lot of PSN accounts passwords when PS4 if I remember a headline I saw right.

When my WoW account got hacked it was hacked and sold to a gold farmer, and when I got the account back Blizzard forgot to remove everything. So I had tons of crafting shit, tons of rare drops, and tons of gold.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Strangestories

Someone gained access to my battle.net account and then got into the email linked to that account. Whatever they had done on my battle.net account got it locked and I couldn't change the password because they had managed to get the email account locked too because of suspicious activity. I can't remember why I couldn't fix the email being locked but I just know I couldn't. I lost my digital copy of Diablo 3 and WoW expansions up to Cataclysm. I've tried everything to recover the account aside from sending in a picture of my driver's license to prove who I am.

If I could JUST get into that email I could fix everything but nope.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somehow my Battlefield 3 account was stolen. I didn't notice for months, but when I did I changed the password. A few days later I received an email, thanking me for reporting myself for TOS violations. A day later the account was banned. After waiting on hold for two hours I finally spoke with some prick from EA, who just said he'd send it over to dice. Like fuck he did.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not yet and hopefully it stays that way since I rarely use the same password for things and never use the same password as my email accounts.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WoW account was hacked twice, and one email address once. Nothing of value was lost.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

My WoW account was hacked, but that was like 2 years after I had stopped playing it. Blizzard then sent me a free authenticator, so it wasn't too bad I guess.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Ben_H

My Battlenet account was randomly hacked (no idea how it happened. My PC scanned clean with 5 different virus/malware scanners but I reformatted anyway to be safe). Back in the day my Hotmail was compromised by one of those things that stops as soon as you change your password. I'm pretty sure way back when my Runescape account was also compromised but I switched the password and got in before they could do anything (they did move my character).

The WORST was my Steam account. One day I tried to sign in and it wouldn't let me and when I went to recover my password it showed that the recovery email was not my email. I had to go through support and send a picture of a physical game key I had registered to that account in order to recover it. Good thing I had that key still or I would have been completely hosed probably. I bought a few more physical games to be safe. The hacker never actually tried to get in because the entire time it was signed in on my Mac and no attempts were made to sign in elsewhere (My Mac had been logged into Steam before my account was compromised, but was in sleep mode so it was still technically logged in). The hacker must have got my Gmail password because that would have been the only way to access my account because it had two-factor authentication and would have been required to change my main account email. It still to this day makes no sense how it happened because my computer scanned clean using many different programs.

After that I went the nuclear option and reformatted my PC, changed every single password I had, and used a password manager for everything. All of the major sites I purchase from are on separate emails with no connection to each other so if one is compromised the rest will be safe. As an extra precaution, I do nothing that involves money or credit card numbers on my Windows machine anymore. That is all done on either my Macs or one of my many Linux installs/VMs. I don't trust Windows for security. My Mac and Linux machines are locked down so I feel safer on them.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Jesus, that sounds terrifying...

I think the only time my file's been hacked was some Korean f2p MMO I played when I was like, 10, and none of my real life information was on it.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By emprpngn

@ben_h said:

My Battlenet account was randomly hacked (no idea how it happened. My PC scanned clean with 5 different virus/malware scanners but I reformatted anyway to be safe). Back in the day my Hotmail was compromised by one of those things that stops as soon as you change your password. I'm pretty sure way back when my Runescape account was also compromised but I switched the password and got in before they could do anything (they did move my character).

The WORST was my Steam account. One day I tried to sign in and it wouldn't let me and when I went to recover my password it showed that the recovery email was not my email. I had to go through support and send a picture of a physical game key I had registered to that account in order to recover it. Good thing I had that key still or I would have been completely hosed probably. I bought a few more physical games to be safe. The hacker never actually tried to get in because the entire time it was signed in on my Mac and no attempts were made to sign in elsewhere (My Mac had been logged into Steam before my account was compromised, but was in sleep mode so it was still technically logged in). The hacker must have got my Gmail password because that would have been the only way to access my account because it had two-factor authentication and would have been required to change my main account email. It still to this day makes no sense how it happened because my computer scanned clean using many different programs.

After that I went the nuclear option and reformatted my PC, changed every single password I had, and used a password manager for everything. All of the major sites I purchase from are on separate emails with no connection to each other so if one is compromised the rest will be safe. As an extra precaution, I do nothing that involves money or credit card numbers on my Windows machine anymore. That is all done on either my Macs or one of my many Linux installs/VMs. I don't trust Windows for security. My Mac and Linux machines are locked down so I feel safer on them.

Whoa. That's hardcore, man. The digital age is scary stuff.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, my Xbox account was hacked around the time Fez came out. They bought a load of Xbla games with it for some reason. Luckily, I only had PayPal on the account, so it was stopped and refunded before I even noticed. Looking back, the support from PayPal and Microsoft was really fast and effective, I even got back the 200 Microsoft points form before the hack.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Yeah, sounds like a hack, alright.

I got my apple id hacked just a couple months ago. Wasn't that big of a deal, 'cus I never really bought anything or had any money on it. Was just a hassle dealing with apple customer service (they were very helpful, mind you), and I had to change a lot of my passwords on other sites where I used the same password or a variation of it. In retrospect, it was a dumb password anyway, and I guess it taught me to be better about that stuff without dealing that much damage.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Got my WoW account hacked way back in the day, and since I worked in a country with no Blizzard support center, my only recourse was to call their main US support (it was a US account as I created it while studying in Australia), at the US work times, and get put on hold for half an hour on an international call. Thankfully I was kinda bored of WoW at around that time anyway and only really found out about the hack because I was trying to renew the subscription before one of the expansions. So I said fuck it and cut my ties of that time sink. Turned out to be to my benefit. Sometime later when SC2 came out I just made a new battlenet account and got an authenticator for it. Which is why I was also glad when Steam rolled out their protection stuff.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acidbrandon18: Your account probably was hacked. My PSN account has been hacked twice since the beginning of November. The latest was this past Tuesday. It's getting really old but luckily I was able to regain control both times.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razorramen: That's what they say but they also sent me an email saying that my password was reset because of suspicious activity on my account.

JNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had my WoW account hacked, but it was after I had stopped playing (forgot to cancel auto renew subscription), so I didn't notice until 2 years later. Fortunately no harm was done, he only leveled my lvl 40 rogue to lvl 80, which was cool.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's rough man. You're just gonna have to call them and work it out, sometimes that takes weeks. At least it did for my friend who's account was hacked. He did get it back, after his gamertag was changed 3 times with his money. The one gamertag he made was "CALL330547XXXX", only the last 4 numbers were real and his. So he got phone calls almost everyday, had to cancel his credit card and turned off his phone for awhile. So it could be worst lol. Also, where you phished? Is that still something people do haha?

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You didn't get your account hacked. You got it phished or used a really weak password.