Help on Brutal Legend. ( Possible Spoiler )

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MrAwsum

I'm on Ophellia and the Drowning pool, the first fight in the black sea of tears area, and I just can't beat her, after countless hours, hundreds of tries, you woulda thought a monkey could have beaten her. Sadly it's not been my weekend.  I'm on Brutal Difficulty.
If someone could give e a few pointers or tactics i would be very grateful.. Thanks

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Sorry, I can't offer any help but it would have probably been best if you posted this in the proper Brütal Legend forum.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By TheGamerGeek

All I did was immediately bring out normal troops and took over the merch booths while upgrading my stage. Then finally when I got my merch booths established, I just held the end of the bridge until the barrier was broken and immediately attacked one of her merch booths then her stage.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MikeFightNight

Well I just beat it yesterday.  All I did was made sure I had lots of units and just pretty much took over fan gysers one at a time making sure to restock anyone in the band that dies before moving on to the next.  Also make sure to tech up your Stage, and i'm not sure if you can in that battle yet, but the Tank you can build after you tech up all the way is totally badass when you man it yourself.

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrAwsum

My bad about the forum. 

@TheGamerGeek:  I've tried, and managed to attack her stage once, at which point she ripped apart my army, then attacked my stage as I was regrouping... 
Also I forgot to mention that I'm on Brutal

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikeFightNight

Yeah I beat it on normal, I was pretty much just looking to get through it and see the story.  Glade I rented it.

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrAwsum
@MikeFightNight: I did the first few missions on normal, then seeing that it was slightly too easy, i switched to brutal. and now I can't beat Ophillia. Such a shame 
MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikeFightNight

Yeah I can only imagine how Brutal Brutal is.  Why not just suck it up and change it back to normal? 
On normal that battle still took me awhile to beat.  Awesome game though, for how long it lasts.

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrAwsum
@MikeFightNight: I thought about doing that, but then thought, why would I undo everything i've already done,  I know i'll get her down soon, I came so close.
MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MikeFightNight
@MrAwsum: Well it sounds like your a man on a mission.  I wish you luck on your future rock shows. 

DECAPIATATOOOOOOONNN! 
thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By thatpinguino  Moderator

Are you using your double teams when you get into actual fights? Also if you upgrade your infantry that can help give you the edge in large scale fights.  Lastly the rock crusher's double team tears apart her vehicles if you can trap them in the bladehenge assault.

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrAwsum
@MikeFightNight:  Haha, Thanks. 

@thatpinguino: Yeah, I think it's just timing and what troops i'm using.. MAinly the Razor Girls, Fire Barons and a few Thunder hogs. and occasionally a tank when I need it.
thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thatpinguino  Moderator

You need to mix in some bouncers because her most powerful units are all vehicles, like the organist and the balloon.  the drowning doom's infantry kinda sucks and you can always facemelt them away if your in trouble.  I had the most success when i started sending 4 or 5 bouncers in to wreck up her heavy vehicles and then sent the more basic infantry to back them up.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TimeWaffle

remember to use your solos they are super effective against grave diggers. and if you don;t have bring it home ( the giant flaming zeppelin that falls out of the sky) get it another useful solo to do when your are attacking her base in rock block which gives you like 30 secs of fre etime to attack her stage  

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrAwsum

Really?! Bouncers have always seemed useless to me, I just sent the girls in at the vehicles.

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrAwsum

And yeah, I have those solo's. Like I said, I know i'm close.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thatpinguino  Moderator

I used to think bouncers were useless too but this battle made me actually read their description and see that they are the only iron heade troop that does good damage to vehicles.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Psynapse

This one was quite hard, although its pretty easy once you get the hang of a few things. First things first is upgrade your guys. Hold The Bridge as soon as possible and don't move forward until you have full 40/40 cap and upgraded all the basic units. Eddies face melter is good for the smaller guys, and thatpinguino is absolutely correct, ensure that you get some bouncers, 3 or 4 should do it. Another good thing to do is use the hell splitter (i think thats what its called... the ranged tank anyway...) on the vehicles. The main thing is that you can't move forward to quickly, every time you move forward new units get deployed (this is especially evidential in the next fight). Its like there is an invisible trip wire that sets them off so if you move forward you get easily overpowered... Just wait for the units to come to you and then move forward each time once you have 40/40 and have gathered yourself.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Your strategy doesn't need to change in single player.  Rush fan geysers.  Make sure it's safe, then move to next geyser.  There's usually one path the enemy AI always takes, so set a beacon along it (preferably at a choke point).  Camp until you have a stockpile of fans.  Attack stage.

Combat wise, just utilize double teams and your solos.  The soul sucker axe treatment is handy as well.

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrAwsum

All done. Diviculus cannot slay me!