Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

As a someone who was raised in philly...I dunno how I feel about this.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Colonel_Cool

Damn.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bruce

Spelled his name wrong too....

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

I'm waiting for EA's announcement of a roster update.  They've still got a few hours before the game officially launches, right?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Hailinel said:
" I'm waiting for EA's announcement of a roster update.  They've still got a few hours before the game officially launches, right? "
its called updates dude. (theres this little thing called the internet) 

anyways.
yeah i live in Philly.  

Generally the vibe here is a little bit excitement, but overall, the people here will not be happy about him because people in this city mostly love animals and especially dogs, everyones got one, mostly pits too actually. and people here are passionate about their pit bulls and really hate how people like vick treated them. 

But more interestingly we can't even understand how his playing style will fit the eagles tight west coast offense. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

yeahhh. most people seem excited about this.  

o well. so much for this city sticking to its guns.  

everyone here is one second calling him a piece of shit and shouldnt be allowed back in the nfl, the next they're all like oh shit hes a wild card player!! super bowl, woo! hes an amazing athlete!!  

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By bretthancock

I was all up in arms about the Vick thing when it happened but there's a lot of people out there a hell of a lot dumber then Vick.  Not trying to make light of the situation because what he did was absolutely terrible but other players that are universally praised by the NFL have killed people in the past(Stallworth, Little).  Yet Vick is seen as the biggest monster ever.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Karmum

I was pretty surprised that he would go to Philly, of all places. To be honest, I find his previous actions to be reprehensible and despicable, but I'm also in support for him to pay off his debts to society (quit literally, he needs to pay off multiple debts), and hopefully he will become a better person, and earn a living and be successful on the field again.

This would make things interesting for online franchises, especially for me. I'd totally sign him in Madden 10. Fantasy football, too.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentofChaos

I can't wait to see its always sunny in philidelphia's take on this, odds are there will a parody or something in the next 2 seasons.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive

being drafted into the NFL is one of the greatest privileges in the world. you fuck it up by running a massive dog fighting syndicate in your own backyard, i think you should permanently lose those privileges .

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By AndrewB

And my respect for the Eagles takes a nose dive, while my loathing for them as rivals of the Giants becomes much greater. Seriously... anyone defending the animal killer can suck it. I'm no Peta playa, but I'm also not an animal masochist, and not an idiot.

MiserableGerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MiserableGerm

Its because Tony Dungy is helping him PR wise...duh.

And being a Colts fan myself, I fully support what he does even when retired.

Edit: Hey Andrew, what religion do you practice? If its Christianity, I would change my words slightly...forgive him a little? Maybe?

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By JamesF

Was Michale his bitch name in prison?

Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18  Edited By Calidreth

Good for him, hate the eagles though...Go Redskins!

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By lebkin
@TwoOneFive said:

" being drafted into the NFL is one of the greatest privileges in the world. you fuck it up by running a massive dog fighting syndicate in your own backyard, i think you should permanently lose those privileges . "

I believe that Michael Vick has paid for that crime.  That is what the criminal trial and sentence were about.  He now has the right to go to work just like anyone else. If a team wants him, I think they should be allowed to sign him.

That said, if you personally do not want to support a animal abuser, that is your right.  Extending that thought, you also have the right to completely cut of any support you might have had for the Philadelphia Eagles as well.  If all the fans decide not to go to the stadium or watch the Eagles on TV, they will let Vick go in a heart beat. 
naggardly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By naggardly

Michael Vick is a pussy, and should have been sent to the gallows for what he did.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By GeekDown

I think they need it, after all Vick is a very good quarterback.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

He served his time, I'm glad hes back

Avatar image for syphiliticwilly
Syphiliticwilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Syphiliticwilly

Hes a great role model to the younger generation, i'm really pleased with this news.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By Atlas

This whole thing has been crazy. That man did an awful, terrible thing, and as an animal lover, I may never be able to look at him the same. But, he served his time, paid his debt to society, and claims to be a new man. And everyone deserves a second chance. 

What baffles me is why the Eagles? It makes a lot of sense in some ways, what with him and McNabb being friends, and the Eagles play West Coast offense similar to what Vick learnt in Atlanta, but McNabb is one of the best in the game, and was fantastic for most of last season and moreso in the playoffs. McNabb's had people gunning for his job in Philly for years; why would he invite one onto his team like that. Madness. Then again, it does mean the Eagles have a hell of a fallback for the injury prone McNabb. But two-QB offenses never work, because when you have two starting quarterbacks, you have no starting quarterback, because you have no real leader. And Vick's salary cap's gotta be pretty rough, especially on a team with stars like McNabb, Westbrook, Samuel and others.

2009 is quickly becoming one of the most potentially fascinating seasons in a long time. So pumped.