How do I get through this E3?

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I've been looking forward to E3 all year, until now. Duders, prepare for the sadness train.

Let me begin by saying my girlfriend of 4.5 years and I broke up about 3 months ago now, and for roughly three-four months before that we had been playing a lot of video games together as she was finally coming around to the idea. Games like South Park: The Stick of Truth, Kingdom Hearts were among her favorites and we spent a lot of time playing them. This has created an issue for me..

We never finished Southpark, and I really fucking want to - but i can't bring myself to face that shit because im a lame ass who gets all pissed when i do shit that reminds me of us.

Here's where E3 comes in..

Fuck you Kingdom Hearts 3.

I can't help but immediately think about KH3 trailers and shit when i think of E3 because we had planned to watch the press conferences together and get all excited with our little KH gear on.

Now that's obviously not happening.

The circumstances around our breakup were pretty nasty, and it did not end smoothly at all..

So do any of you duders have any advice on how i can still enjoy E3 without this dark ass cloud over me?

(and maybe some advice on how to restart Southpark to enjoy it..)

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kadash299: Honestly I would skip this E3 and come back to it when things settle a bit. I used to play games with my (now ex)wife and some games still remind me of her, obviously, till this very day, but that's ok. No reason to drown yourself in those feelings, there will be archives of the show aviable afterwards, you'll just miss the zeitgeist but whatever, it's more important to pull yourself together in my opinion. They say time will fix everything - that's more or less bullshit, but it will allow you to accept things as they are. And the scars form us, make us what we are.

Stay strong!

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kadash299: maybe watch it with friends? Or watch GB commentating on it, so you're not feeling like you are watching it on your own?

About that SouthPark game; really don't know. It will probably always remind you of her in a way, so don't know how you'd pull that one off.

Take care, there will be better times (or as Sony would say it: greatness awaits).

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you've got nobody else to watch it with, at least watching it with the GB commentary and the live chat should make the whole thing a pretty light-hearted affair.

Forget your sorrows by joining the rest of us in marvelling at whatever the next horrible Ubisoft E3 Press conference misstep is!

Speaking of awful press conferences, anybody know if there's any sort of Konami keynote this year?

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I've been looking forward to E3 all year, until now. Duders, prepare for the sadness train.

Let me begin by saying my girlfriend of 4.5 years and I broke up about 3 months ago now, and for roughly three-four months before that we had been playing a lot of video games together as she was finally coming around to the idea. Games like South Park: The Stick of Truth, Kingdom Hearts were among her favorites and we spent a lot of time playing them. This has created an issue for me..

We never finished Southpark, and I really fucking want to - but i can't bring myself to face that shit because im a lame ass who gets all pissed when i do shit that reminds me of us.

Here's where E3 comes in..

Fuck you Kingdom Hearts 3.

I can't help but immediately think about KH3 trailers and shit when i think of E3 because we had planned to watch the press conferences together and get all excited with our little KH gear on.

Now that's obviously not happening.

The circumstances around our breakup were pretty nasty, and it did not end smoothly at all..

So do any of you duders have any advice on how i can still enjoy E3 without this dark ass cloud over me?

(and maybe some advice on how to restart Southpark to enjoy it..)

Whoa, what? I was with you until this...

Also, KH3 is one game and apparently Square have said they're not showing it at this E3 so in that way you're all gravy!

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Castiel

Well like the duder above me said: As far as I understand KH3 won't be at E3 cause Square Enix is allergic to publicity, at least the good kind of publicity, so there's your fix.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Ignoring it because you'll feel sad is pointless. If anything you should seek it out. You're only delaying being very sad and being a little sad in the process. Might as well 'get it over with' and just face it.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

MOVE ON. Watch E3, be excited for all the new games and go finish South Park. Her loss duder. There's a ton more fish in the sea!

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks fellas, your words are encouraging. I was recently informed that KH especially wouldn't be at E3, and that alone made me so much more comfortable.

I'll be looking forward to watching with all of you!

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Having been in a similar situation a couple years ago, the only advice I could offer is try to create new memories with your friends. Forgetting the past and moving on can be easier said than done. Creating enjoyable new moments with KH or any other interests you did/didn't share with your ex certainly helps when you can't stop your mind from lingering in the past. Avoiding the things you enjoy and bottling up your emotions when you're feeling depressed is the worst thing you can do.

Obviously, like others have already suggested, watching grown men talk over E3 press conferences with everyone else in the chat is a good start!

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a nice hooker or two will set you right.

*slaps kadash299 hard on the back and hands him cigar*

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BurBan_Snake

a nice hooker or two will set you right.

*slaps kadash299 hard on the back and hands him cigar*

What a pick-me-up. You sir, deserve this:

No Caption Provided

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah just forget about E3, go out and get wasted.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Or! Watch E3 AND get wasted!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Jeust

@zevvion said:

Ignoring it because you'll feel sad is pointless. If anything you should seek it out. You're only delaying being very sad and being a little sad in the process. Might as well 'get it over with' and just face it.

Pretty much. Personally one of the game I loved the most in my PS2 was a present from an ex-girlfriend, and I played the shit out of that game after we broke up. You should face your problems, or they will haunt you till you do. Granted that with the memories fading it will be easier, but like zevvion said that way you'll choose to be a little sad for a longer time than it would take for you to face the game, and accept your own feelings, overcome them, and moving forward with your life.