JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JakJ

windabenedetti@msnbc.com

Why don't you ask the author? She'd know better than any of us. You, uh, might want to ask more politely though ;)

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

Hope they are sexy female robots, that need germline cells for fuel.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JakJ
Diamond said:
Hope they are sexy female robots, that need germline cells for fuel.
Dude I know where you're going with this but STOP, right now. It'd be like trying to shove it into an empty coke can.
Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Smarter_Martyr

Wouldn't destroying them be surviving? This is John Connor.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

What the hell?  She's doing an interview of a story about AI & Robots. It's the perfect time to cover such a story with a new Terminator movie out.  I think her story is better than some of the crap you see in tabloids.

The truth is that having some awesome AI like from the Terminator or hell 2001 series, is probably not possible any time soon, maybe never.  I watched a show on the Science Channel called "Where's My Robot?"......the Rosetta Stone, the missing link, whatever it takes to go from purposeful machine to intelligent machine isn't there.  In the 2047 or 2057 series they had on the Science Channel a few years ago, they were talking about automated cars to solve traffic problems but it would take that long to get that stage, if at all.

There is some very hard science that hasn't been discovered yet that will give us a robotic society.  I'm thinking it would take longer, maybe 2100, assuming that the Earth's natural resources aren't entirely consumed by then.  Let's face it, being alive now is probably the best time in human history.  Future Earth with its depleted resources & lack of space travel will have it rough.