I can't stand half my classes

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Wolverine

So recently I have not been able to stand school. This year I hate my classes. I truthfully find most of them uninteresting and useless and I can't help myself from wishing that I could take all History and English classes in high school like I hope to do in college. I'm sure all of you have taken classes that you couldn't stand. How do you get through the classes and keep good grades in them without going crazy. I can't stand Lab Chemistry to a point where studying for it just becomes depressing. Now don't get me wrong I'm not failing the class but I'm not doing great. I'm some where in the C range. Anyway does anyone have any advice on how to push through classes that you can't stand? Thanks in advance.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wolverine

So recently I have not been able to stand school. This year I hate my classes. I truthfully find most of them uninteresting and useless and I can't help myself from wishing that I could take all History and English classes in high school like I hope to do in college. I'm sure all of you have taken classes that you couldn't stand. How do you get through the classes and keep good grades in them without going crazy. I can't stand Lab Chemistry to a point where studying for it just becomes depressing. Now don't get me wrong I'm not failing the class but I'm not doing great. I'm some where in the C range. Anyway does anyone have any advice on how to push through classes that you can't stand? Thanks in advance.

Avatar image for toxicenchiliada
toxicEnchiliada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By toxicEnchiliada

half ass it then when final exams come ace it and just barley pass

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Dude, I took a college sociology class this year, but really it's a class in hyper feminist extremism. If you're in High School, you've got it easy... Just bring a gameboy. (actually, I had a jailbroken iPod Touch)

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolverine
TooWalrus said:
"Dude, I took a college sociology class this year, but really it's a class in hyper feminist extremism. If you're in High School, you've got it easy... Just bring a gameboy. (actually, I had a jailbroken iPod Touch)"
Dude I'm not aloud too. If I get caught with any type of electronic device I get 2 days of central office detention.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

If only teenage life was more like Persona 4

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus
Wolverine said:
"TooWalrus said:
"Dude, I took a college sociology class this year, but really it's a class in hyper feminist extremism. If you're in High School, you've got it easy... Just bring a gameboy. (actually, I had a jailbroken iPod Touch)"
Dude I'm not aloud too. If I get caught with any type of electronic device I get 2 days of central office detention."
Ha, ouch. Try case-modding an old gameboy advance SP into a calculator shell. Just kidding.

IMO, if your going to community college before university (which you should do), your highschool grades won't matter too much in the long run, so don't sweat it, just make sure you pass. Just chillax.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo
Wolverine said:
 Dude I'm not aloud too.
So, pay attention in English at least. Just saying.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By auspiciousqueue

I took an Immunology class that really tested my patience. All I did was re-read everything and try to apply it to situations that were interesting. And remember, we all had/have classes that are just awful. Sorry to say, but I just sucked it up and got through the class. I got an A, but I actually got a group together and it made it less horrible.

Hausdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Hausdog

High school is a joke, if you're making C's you're not trying. I was three years younger than everyone else and my GPA was a 3.5 even considering the classes I sucked in (such as English and history). College will rape you with a cactus.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By toowalrus
Hausdog said:
"High school is a joke, if you're making C's you're not trying. I was three years younger than everyone else and my GPA was a 3.5 even considering the classes I sucked in (such as English and history). College will rape you with a cactus."
Meh, not really. I'm not struggling in college. I graduated with the class of '08, didn't give a fuck and got C's. I'm actually getting A's and B's in college, because I actually care now. But the first few years of community college aren't a big deal.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Diamond
Hausdog said:
"High school is a joke, if you're making C's you're not trying. I was three years younger than everyone else and my GPA was a 3.5 even considering the classes I sucked in (such as English and history). College will rape you with a cactus."
Success in school is always about trying and hard work.  That's basically the whole point of education and getting a degree.  Certification of diligence and conformity, and making you indebted to the system.
JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JDDrewes

I barely pay attention in my classes; I mostly play games on my calculator. But I still pull together A's and B's.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By StaticFalconar

you never know what will be useful to you in the future and what won't be, yesterday's bombcast showed that when the audio guy actually wanted to attend the seminars not in his field.

Falloutmadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Falloutmadness

Hold of the work and do it when you feel like it. I found that this works most of the time. I almost always have something I bring to class to interest me if the classes don't.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eric_buck

I hate history, I pretty much just read through the work when it comes to a test. Don't expect to get great marks. 50-60% should be enough if you don't plan to pursue the subject after highschool anyways though.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aurelito

I hate literature but I have to resist. and it's natural, if education was not a force major, most of students around the world wouldn't care even about literation. (Why literature should be called literature? if you've mistaken me, by literature, I mean science and knowledge about poetry. useless thing.)

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Xandurson

I'm the exact opposite. All my classes this trimester are really easy. So the only thing I hate about school is getting up early.

Futbollar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Futbollar

I hate high school

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MC_Izawa

I know this doesn't help you now, but when you get to college you'll realize how easy highschool work is.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By TheHBK

Hahaha, right...  dude, high school is easy, the classes are a joke, when you get to a real college, then you will get raped.  enjoy high school for what it is, go out with friends check out girls.
tips, pay fucking attention and then you will not have to study so hard, in high school the teachers teach everything in the class so you probably do even have to read the book.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By natetodamax

School sucks in general.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read my blog about school I had made a few months back, I hate school also and a lot but I`m getting through it.

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Canberra

Try and focus.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By StarFoxA

Sleep in class, get the homework from someone else, and then cram for tests and exams.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Optiow

Just do not do work I suppose.