I need your opnions GB community...

JDoobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JDoobs

Ok, so here is a run down of the situation...

I am currently sporting an Xbox 360 with a 20 gig hard drive which has reached the end of its capacity. My brother is giving me his broken elite, along with the 120 gig hard drive to do with what I will. I am presented with the following two options:

1) I trade in my xbox, hard drive, my brothers hard drive, and a few games straight up for a brand new elite. Complete with the new chipset and the sexy black color that would match my home theater swimmingly. It should be noted that if my Halo xbox were to break for whatever reason in the future, I would be able to swap it out for a different system.

2) I keep my brothers hard drive, swap his in for mine on my Halo Xbox, and turn in my hard drive for some cold hard store credit. The black and silver hard drive on my green and gold Halo box would be ugly, but I would get the benefit of having some flex money to spend on future games. 

I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to do and now I turn to you, the respectable Giant Bomb community for your thought out opinions. Thanks ahead of time and I look forward to hearing your opinions!

Jdub

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Well, how attached are you to your Halo 360, are you going to regret getting rid of your limited edition Halo 360? If not, I would probably go for the first option just to start fresh with a fresh warranty and everything.

But if you're not worried about your 360 breaking, or want to keep your Halo 360, then I would do the second.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By asurastrike
@JDoobs said:
" Ok, so here is a run down of the situation...  I am currently sporting an Xbox 360 with a 20 gig hard drive which has reached the end of its capacity. My brother is giving me his broken elite, along with the 120 gig hard drive to do with what I will. I am presented with the following two options:  1) I trade in my xbox, hard drive, my brothers hard drive, and a few games straight up for a brand new elite. Complete with the new chipset and the sexy black color that would match my home theater swimmingly.   2) I keep my brothers hard drive, swap his in for mine on my Halo Xbox, and turn in my hard drive for some cold hard store credit. The black and silver hard drive on my green and gold Halo box would be ugly, but I would get the benefit of having some flex money to spend on future games.   I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to do and now I turn to you, the respectable Giant Bomb community for your thought out opinions. Thanks ahead of time and I look forward to hearing your opinions!  Jdub "
1) You bought a Halo 360? lawl

2) You would get so little for a 20GB HD

Just use the 120GB. Who cares if the color doesn't match? Shoulda though about that before you bought a Halo 360. XD
Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

@MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
" Well, how attached are you to your Halo 360, are you going to regret getting rid of your limited edition Halo 360? If not, I would probably go for the first option just to start fresh with a fresh warranty and everything.  But if you're not worried about your 360 breaking, or want to keep your Halo 360, then I would do the second. "
I agree with this. Get a fresh warranty. You will prolly get a free game bundled with the console too.