• 66 results
Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I don't think there are any nuts I don't like. Love them all.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By mikemcn

When I was 18 I was taking my SAT 2's, I took 3 that day, one in History, one in Math and one in Spanish. I decided to eat for a snack, between my 2nd and 3rd test a Nature Valley Granola bar that I grabbed in rush from the family kitchen. I knew it had cashews in it, and normally never ate cashews, I couldn't even remember a time I had last had them, but I figured I wouldn't mind and I needed to eat something.

So I ate the granola bar and halfway through that spanish test I started getting super nauseous, my throat felt itchy, I got super cold and light headed and the world started to fade. I woke up 15 minutes later with my test proctor asking frantically if I was alright. I got picked up by my mom and taken home early, I still felt terrible but was mobile and an ambulance wasn't needed. Because I had to leave early my tests were all voided after like 5 hours of work or something so I ended up retaking every one.

Turns out I'm super allergic to Cashews and all other tree nuts, the reason I couldn't remember eating them is that the 1 or 2 times in the past i had tried them, I didn't like the taste because it made me kinda ill. But it wasn't until I was ready to scoot off to college that I realized they could actually kill me if I wasn't careful and did something stupid like eat a bar chock-ful of them.

So fuck cashews. Peanuts are the only nut I want in my life and they're a legume. (Most nuts grow on trees/bushes, where the nut is simply the fruit of the tree, peanuts are from the ground and in the bean family!)

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I used to not like cashews, but I can tolerate them now. If I had a choice, I'd pick a different nut.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Walnuts are the worst nut.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Sergio

Most people know that peanuts are legumes and not nuts. Not many realize that cashews, hazelnuts (edit: this was supposed to be Brazil nut, hazelnuts are a nut), pistachios, and almonds are not nuts either; they're seeds. Cashews are an oddity because the cashew tree produces cashew apples, but those are the false fruits, and the true fruit containing the cashew seed is at the end of the apple.

The world's largest cashew tree takes up 1.8 - 2.1 acres -- yep, that's one tree.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By ripelivejam

Just looked up cashew harvesting and seems like a lot of work for just one nut, and also kinda wasteful. No wonder they seem comparatively pricey. Still delicious and OP is history's greatest monster, tho.

E: false fruit = false prophet? Crysis 4 confirmed.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By ProfessorEss

I HATE CASHEWS.

...but only because they are so delicious that I end up eating 400-500% of my daily recommended intake of fat when presented with a soon to be empty can of them.

DJMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D: Cashews are great!!

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cashews are so buttery and delicious.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: Yep, I looked up how we get cashews a couple of years ago and found it interesting with the false fruit. I don't know how wasteful it is, since the fruit can still be harvested, it just doesn't ship well, so most of us will never get to try a cashew apple.

Another interesting "nut" are the Brazil nut. Again it's a seed. It's illegal to cut Brazil nut trees down in Brazil.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cashews are amazing.

I definitely don't care for chestnuts. I remember trying a few around Christmas a few years ago and thinking to myself "WTF is there a song about these stupid things?" I want a Cashew Christmas song instead.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio said:

Most people know that peanuts are legumes and not nuts. Not many realize that cashews, hazelnuts (edit: this was supposed to be Brazil nut, hazelnuts are a nut), pistachios, and almonds are not nuts either; they're seeds. Cashews are an oddity because the cashew tree produces cashew apples, but those are the false fruits, and the true fruit containing the cashew seed is at the end of the apple.

The world's largest cashew tree takes up 1.8 - 2.1 acres -- yep, that's one tree.

So I actually had to look up the definition of the two.

Seeds are the small plant (embryonic plant) enclosed in the seed coat.

Nuts are hard-shelled fruits of plants

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like cashews for like 3-4 nuts worth of eating, and then it just get's progressively more disgusting until I cant eat it anymore. Same thing with Yaki-Niku for some reason.

Hazel and and regular old peanuts are my favorites.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Cashews are decent, especially when seasoned with a flavor or lightly salted. By themselves (no salt/seasoning), they are not very enjoyable (just my opinion). Favorite nut is walnuts, especially the ones that are toasted, lightly seasoned, or the awesome sugar-glazed ones my grandmother used to make prior to her death.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Cashews are dope.