Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@pirate_republic said:
"

@Sick_J0ke said:

"@pirate_republic:
First off, just because fear was the only emotional response recorded from a cow doesn't make it  any better. Sadness is an emotion derived from fear, a psychologist will tell you that. So it's hard to directly measure sadness. 

Second, because something doesn't have the capacity for in-depth emotions makes it okay to kill them for food? Really?! Well then while we're at it I guess we should cook ourselves up some babies.... or even the mentally disabled! MMmmm delicious. 

Third, highest on the food chain? Yea we're so dangerous and badass that we need other people to kill the animal and prepare the meat for us. If you really think we're high on the food chain then do this... buy a goat, and try to kill it, let me know how that goes... Using the "we're the best, biggest, baddest people in the food chain" excuse is not a valid argument. Eating meat is a personal choice, not a necessity of our species. 
"

Hmmm... have you ever seen a national geographic nature documentary on, say, lions in Africa? They mercilessly kill, ripping cute little [insert prey here] like it's nothing. Do you think that's right or wrong? You mentioned that just because we're on the top of the food chain doesn't mean we have the right to kill... what about those lions? They're pretty much on the top of the food chain in Africa, and they don't have a problem with it. This goes for every other food chain out there. This is the way it works. Kill or be killed. This system has kept the balance of life in check for thousands of years.

Modernly, thanks to globalization, we can get plants with high protein to supplement our diet, making it possible to survive without meat. But that doesn't mean that we have to throw this successful way of life out the window, just because a few pampered humans, who've never seen the harshness of nature, feel guilty about killing a poor little cow.

"
Speaking of things being natural.  Lions spend most of their days doing nothing while their bodies try to digest the meat they've eaten.  Lions have enormous canine teeth for tearing through muscle.  Lions bodies are designed to eat that meat and that's why they eat it and they eat it whole.  Lions tend to kill and eat the young or the sick because they're the easiest to catch.  Lions don't try to eat hippos because a hippo because a hippo will kill it.  Hippos eat mostly vegetables.  Hippos only eat meat when they have to and when they do eat meat it's sometimes their own babies.  Human bodies are designed to eat plants.  You can tell by how our jaws work.  They can go side to side to grind up the plants.  Our teeth are not sharp enough nor strong enough to kill an animal with. That's why we had to start cooking it.  Our intestines are very long like a herbivores so that we can get as many of the nutrients out of our food, lions have shorter intestines.  Our earliest ancestros ate meat only when they had to.  During the winter when their were less plants.  You can look at the other three species of great apes; chimps, orangutans, and gorillas.  Gorillas are the strongest and have the sharpest canine teeth yet they are herbivores as are orangutans.  Chimps will eat meat when they have to but, again,  they will eat their own young. 
Naturally people aren't designed to eat meat but we are capable of it.  We're also capable of smoking cigarettes. 
I'm a vegetarian and I hate it when people tell me what to eat.  I don't tell people what to eat either.  But when people as ignorant as you start telling people what they're doing is wrong just because you're misinformed and pissy, that pisses me off.  So maybe you grow up and quit acting like you're smarter than everybody because you have the national geographic channel.
Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I like eating penguins and Baby Seals. So, yes Im a meatan.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Manatassi
@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @pirate_republic said:
"

@Sick_J0ke said:

"@pirate_republic:
First off, just because fear was the only emotional response recorded from a cow doesn't make it  any better. Sadness is an emotion derived from fear, a psychologist will tell you that. So it's hard to directly measure sadness. 

Second, because something doesn't have the capacity for in-depth emotions makes it okay to kill them for food? Really?! Well then while we're at it I guess we should cook ourselves up some babies.... or even the mentally disabled! MMmmm delicious. 

Third, highest on the food chain? Yea we're so dangerous and badass that we need other people to kill the animal and prepare the meat for us. If you really think we're high on the food chain then do this... buy a goat, and try to kill it, let me know how that goes... Using the "we're the best, biggest, baddest people in the food chain" excuse is not a valid argument. Eating meat is a personal choice, not a necessity of our species. 
"

Hmmm... have you ever seen a national geographic nature documentary on, say, lions in Africa? They mercilessly kill, ripping cute little [insert prey here] like it's nothing. Do you think that's right or wrong? You mentioned that just because we're on the top of the food chain doesn't mean we have the right to kill... what about those lions? They're pretty much on the top of the food chain in Africa, and they don't have a problem with it. This goes for every other food chain out there. This is the way it works. Kill or be killed. This system has kept the balance of life in check for thousands of years.

Modernly, thanks to globalization, we can get plants with high protein to supplement our diet, making it possible to survive without meat. But that doesn't mean that we have to throw this successful way of life out the window, just because a few pampered humans, who've never seen the harshness of nature, feel guilty about killing a poor little cow.

"
Speaking of things being natural.  Lions spend most of their days doing nothing while their bodies try to digest the meat they've eaten.  Lions have enormous canine teeth for tearing through muscle.  Lions bodies are designed to eat that meat and that's why they eat it and they eat it whole.  Lions tend to kill and eat the young or the sick because they're the easiest to catch.  Lions don't try to eat hippos because a hippo because a hippo will kill it.  Hippos eat mostly vegetables.  Hippos only eat meat when they have to and when they do eat meat it's sometimes their own babies.  Human bodies are designed to eat plants.  You can tell by how our jaws work.  They can go side to side to grind up the plants.  Our teeth are not sharp enough nor strong enough to kill an animal with. That's why we had to start cooking it.  Our intestines are very long like a herbivores so that we can get as many of the nutrients out of our food, lions have shorter intestines.  Our earliest ancestros ate meat only when they had to.  During the winter when their were less plants.  You can look at the other three species of great apes; chimps, orangutans, and gorillas.  Gorillas are the strongest and have the sharpest canine teeth yet they are herbivores as are orangutans.  Chimps will eat meat when they have to but, again,  they will eat their own young.  Naturally people aren't designed to eat meat but we are capable of it.  We're also capable of smoking cigarettes.  I'm a vegetarian and I hate it when people tell me what to eat.  I don't tell people what to eat either.  But when people as ignorant as you start telling people what they're doing is wrong just because you're misinformed and pissy, that pisses me off.  So maybe you grow up and quit acting like you're smarter than everybody because you have the national geographic channel. "
Actually @FiestaUnicorn you are wrong humans are this thing called an OMNIVORE. We are designed to eat meat much the same as a Dog can eat meat or a Pig or a Chimpanzee. Just thought I would correct that point :)

Oh and our "earliest" ancestors ate meat when they could get it not when they had to. in-fact they ate other food sources because they couldn't get meat, meat is an extremely effective source of energy but hard to come by thus the development of the Omnivore as a food group. It allows us to be versatile in our diets.

There are other facts you got wrong but thats just a couple I thought I might help you out on :)
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@Manatassi said:
"Its interesting that as Omnivores we are pretty much the only species that has such a hard fucking time coming to terms with what we eat.
I mean you don't see Wolves sitting around going "Fuck man I feel really bad about the morality of eating that Deer, I mean how do you think it felt to be that Deer dude?!"

Which funnily enough often Vegetarians seem to be the ones who value animals and their feelings, whereas the animals couldn't give a shit. I guess if you want to have issues about eating meat then feel free.

However I would take issue with the way that many of our foods are produced and packaged and the methods that are used in mass production of cheap meat. I would totally support a person who took issue with the poor treatment and cruelty to animals that takes place in the farming industry. 

Becoming a Vegetarian is not a constructive method of dealing with this problem and is more commonly a lifestyle chosen by namby pamby idiots who can afford to buy fresh foods on a regular basis and don't know the real meaning of sacrifice.   
These same people have no concept of what it is like to be financially forced to consume the string of cheaply produced overly processed food simply because there are no other options offered or available. 

The friends that I have had who are Vegetarians and the people I have met through them all swear that it is a feasible lifestyle to live as a vegetarian on the cheap, yet none of them lacked an education, none of them were pulling double shifts to make enough money for the kids that they never see. None of them were forced to prepare a meal in 30 minutes that could feed two kids before they had to go out to their second job to pay the rent for their broom cupboard flat that has a kitchen with a small cooker a microwave and 3 useable cupboards.

Touting the Vegetarian lifestyle as a viable option for the human species is short sighted and self involved. If you are lucky enough to have the option of an education and finances that allow you the freedom to make those choices then fine. But there is no moral high ground for you there. 

Becoming Vegetarian for health reasons rather than morality is also selfish. Fine so you are able to be vegetarian however you are doing nothing to help promote healthy lifestyles as an economically viable option for others. Rather than taking your Vegetables only diet, why not eat a healthy mix of quality locally produced meats from animals that are reared in good conditions and eggs from local free range farms, along side fresh produce from your local suppliers and dairy from Ethically sourced local sources?

Doing this would be a far healthier option and if every person who could afford this option did so it would strengthen the local economy, producing a healthier and subsequently cheaper supply of foods that would become more affordable for less wealthy families. This would increase the health and well being of the local workforce bringing in jobs and providing opportunities for poorer families to eat better. Thus allowing the children who on their mass produced chemical injected food minds are currently unable to make progress in school the opportunity to expand their education and break out of the cycle of poverty so many families are trapped in by the food industry's disgusting policy of profit over morality.      

In short Vegetarianism is useless selfish crap that self involved short minded people subscribe to as a "lifestyle choice" and disregard the rest of the world who don't have a choice at all. 

(This excludes people who cant eat meat for Medical reasons.)

:D
"
O.K. your first argument is that you have to have money in order to live as a vegetarian.  I'm a vegetarian and I'm poor.  So your first argument is wrong.
As for being a vegetarian being selfish because of their choice not to eat meat.  Wrong.  You have no idea the amount of food that is spent feeding the animals people eat.  It takes twelve pounds of grain in order to get one pound of meat.  I get most of my vegetables from the local farmer's market.  Couldn't people go their and get inexpensive vegetables that help the local community.  In short vegetarianism is selfish crap because I do it for my own health.  Than again I did research on the topic beforehand.  I guess me and you just don't have that much in common.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#105  Edited By sjschmidt93

Uh... you can live without meat, or vegetarians wouldn't exist...

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@Manatassi said:
"@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @pirate_republic said:
"

@Sick_J0ke said:

"@pirate_republic:

"

"
Speaking of things being natural.  Lions spend most of their days doing nothing while their bodies try to digest the meat they've eaten.  Lions have enormous canine teeth for tearing through muscle.  Lions bodies are designed to eat that meat and that's why they eat it and they eat it whole.  Lions tend to kill and eat the young or the sick because they're the easiest to catch.  Lions don't try to eat hippos because a hippo because a hippo will kill it.  Hippos eat mostly vegetables.  Hippos only eat meat when they have to and when they do eat meat it's sometimes their own babies.  Human bodies are designed to eat plants.  You can tell by how our jaws work.  They can go side to side to grind up the plants.  Our teeth are not sharp enough nor strong enough to kill an animal with. That's why we had to start cooking it.  Our intestines are very long like a herbivores so that we can get as many of the nutrients out of our food, lions have shorter intestines.  Our earliest ancestros ate meat only when they had to.  During the winter when their were less plants.  You can look at the other three species of great apes; chimps, orangutans, and gorillas.  Gorillas are the strongest and have the sharpest canine teeth yet they are herbivores as are orangutans.  Chimps will eat meat when they have to but, again,  they will eat their own young.  Naturally people aren't designed to eat meat but we are capable of it.  We're also capable of smoking cigarettes.  I'm a vegetarian and I hate it when people tell me what to eat.  I don't tell people what to eat either.  But when people as ignorant as you start telling people what they're doing is wrong just because you're misinformed and pissy, that pisses me off.  So maybe you grow up and quit acting like you're smarter than everybody because you have the national geographic channel. "
Actually @FiestaUnicorn you are wrong humans are this thing called an OMNIVORE. We are designed to eat meat much the same as a Dog can eat meat or a Pig or a Chimpanzee. Just thought I would correct that point :)

Oh and our "earliest" ancestors ate meat when they could get it not when they had to. in-fact they ate other food sources because they couldn't get meat, meat is an extremely effective source of energy but hard to come by thus the development of the Omnivore as a food group. It allows us to be versatile in our diets.

There are other facts you got wrong but thats just a couple I thought I might help you out on :)
"
Alright then I have a question.  If we're supposed to eat meat why does saturated fat from animals cause so many problems for our bodies?
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ParanoidFreak
@bennyboy said:
" oh and if you yourself realize hate and stupidity in this thread the least you could do is not contribute to it by adding more hate and stupidity with your own posts. "
I agree with you, why can't we all just be friends? Although I find that the giantbomb community is generally very open mined.
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Manatassi
@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @Manatassi said:
"Its interesting that as Omnivores we are pretty much the only species that has such a hard fucking time coming to terms with what we eat.
I mean you don't see Wolves sitting around going "Fuck man I feel really bad about the morality of eating that Deer, I mean how do you think it felt to be that Deer dude?!"

Which funnily enough often Vegetarians seem to be the ones who value animals and their feelings, whereas the animals couldn't give a shit. I guess if you want to have issues about eating meat then feel free.

However I would take issue with the way that many of our foods are produced and packaged and the methods that are used in mass production of cheap meat. I would totally support a person who took issue with the poor treatment and cruelty to animals that takes place in the farming industry. 

Becoming a Vegetarian is not a constructive method of dealing with this problem and is more commonly a lifestyle chosen by namby pamby idiots who can afford to buy fresh foods on a regular basis and don't know the real meaning of sacrifice.   
These same people have no concept of what it is like to be financially forced to consume the string of cheaply produced overly processed food simply because there are no other options offered or available. 

The friends that I have had who are Vegetarians and the people I have met through them all swear that it is a feasible lifestyle to live as a vegetarian on the cheap, yet none of them lacked an education, none of them were pulling double shifts to make enough money for the kids that they never see. None of them were forced to prepare a meal in 30 minutes that could feed two kids before they had to go out to their second job to pay the rent for their broom cupboard flat that has a kitchen with a small cooker a microwave and 3 useable cupboards.

Touting the Vegetarian lifestyle as a viable option for the human species is short sighted and self involved. If you are lucky enough to have the option of an education and finances that allow you the freedom to make those choices then fine. But there is no moral high ground for you there. 

Becoming Vegetarian for health reasons rather than morality is also selfish. Fine so you are able to be vegetarian however you are doing nothing to help promote healthy lifestyles as an economically viable option for others. Rather than taking your Vegetables only diet, why not eat a healthy mix of quality locally produced meats from animals that are reared in good conditions and eggs from local free range farms, along side fresh produce from your local suppliers and dairy from Ethically sourced local sources?

Doing this would be a far healthier option and if every person who could afford this option did so it would strengthen the local economy, producing a healthier and subsequently cheaper supply of foods that would become more affordable for less wealthy families. This would increase the health and well being of the local workforce bringing in jobs and providing opportunities for poorer families to eat better. Thus allowing the children who on their mass produced chemical injected food minds are currently unable to make progress in school the opportunity to expand their education and break out of the cycle of poverty so many families are trapped in by the food industry's disgusting policy of profit over morality.      

In short Vegetarianism is useless selfish crap that self involved short minded people subscribe to as a "lifestyle choice" and disregard the rest of the world who don't have a choice at all. 

(This excludes people who cant eat meat for Medical reasons.)

:D
"
O.K. your first argument is that you have to have money in order to live as a vegetarian.  I'm a vegetarian and I'm poor.  So your first argument is wrong.As for being a vegetarian being selfish because of their choice not to eat meat.  Wrong.  You have no idea the amount of food that is spent feeding the animals people eat.  It takes twelve pounds of grain in order to get one pound of meat.  I get most of my vegetables from the local farmer's market.  Couldn't people go their and get inexpensive vegetables that help the local community.  In short vegetarianism is selfish crap because I do it for my own health.  Than again I did research on the topic beforehand.  I guess me and you just don't have that much in common. "
It would appear that you either didn't read what I posted properly or were being Ironic?

My first argument was not that you need money to live as a vegetarian. My second argument however was that you need an adequate financial basis to be able to keep fresh produce stocked that you need the time that is not available to many people and that you need the skills and education on the subject that are also not available to people.

You appear to be typing on a Games forum, YOU ARE NOT POOR. If you were poor you would not be using a computer to talk on a forum about being a vegetarian, you do not apparently know what the meaning of the word POOR is. Which would reinforce my case in point.

I would hazard a guess that you have never had to be a single parent driving 40 miles to get to your job working 10 hour 12 hour shifts and living on minimum wage trying to support 2 children with no education?

This is the reality of life. These are the people who are poor.

I have spent the last 7 years of my life working with people in these situations. I would count that as research.

I am going to put your random spouting of poorly understood arguments down to your only being, at a guess 17 - 19? and lets leave it at that.

If that guess is wrong I'm sorry but its not obvious.
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Manatassi
@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @Manatassi said:
"@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @pirate_republic said:
"

@Sick_J0ke said:

"@pirate_republic:

"

"

"
Alright then I have a question.  If we're supposed to eat meat why does saturated fat from animals cause so many problems for our bodies? "
Because we are eating the wrong kind of highly processed mass produced meats and combining them with high refined carbohydrate diets. Smartass :)
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#110  Edited By bennyboy
@pirate_republic said:
"

@Sick_J0ke said:

"
Humans and I've heard dolphins are the only species on earth capable of making ethical decisions and therefore taking responsibility for their actions.  When a lion kills its prey for food, it isn't after pondering the ethics of food and deciding that it is alright for it to do so; it's merely survival instinct.  Humans however, CAN make these decisions.  If it's possible for us to survive without killing animals, then why do we still do it?  Because it tastes good right?  Fine, you've decided that that's a good enough reason, and I have decided it is not.  It's as simple as that.

Oh and humans have industrialized and established themselves in extremely isolated environments far out of the way of more natural habitats where creatures like lions live.  Therefore, the whole mantra of "kill or be killed" doesn't apply to us.
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By bennyboy
@Manatassi said:
It would appear that you either didn't read what I posted properly or were being Ironic?

My first argument was not that you need money to live as a vegetarian. My second argument however was that you need an adequate financial basis to be able to keep fresh produce stocked that you need the time that is not available to many people and that you need the skills and education on the subject that are also not available to people.

You appear to be typing on a Games forum, YOU ARE NOT POOR. If you were poor you would not be using a computer to talk on a forum about being a vegetarian, you do not apparently know what the meaning of the word POOR is. Which would reinforce my case in point.

I would hazard a guess that you have never had to be a single parent driving 40 miles to get to your job working 10 hour 12 hour shifts and living on minimum wage trying to support 2 children with no education?

I have spent the last 7 years of my life working with people in these situations. I would count that as research.

I am going to put your random spouting of poorly understood arguments down to your only being, at a guess 17 - 19? and lets leave it at that.

"
Okay, so you're saying that it's harder for poor people to practice vegetarianism.  Well of course I would agree with you to the extent that one should only be a vegetarian if you feel that is is within your means to do so.  Vegetarianism is a choice and no one should ever force you to practice it.  However your calling vegetarianism "short-sighted and self-involved" because of the possible financial burden is extremely tenuous because it is based upon the logistical shortcomings of our food distribution system, not necessarily because vegetarianism itself as a philosophy is wrong.@Manatassi said:

Read what I said a few pages earlier please.  Oh and go read Diet for a New America and The Food Revolution by John Robbins as well as http://www.eatright.org/ada/files/vegnp.pdf before telling me vegetarianism does not promote a healthy lifestyle.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#112  Edited By hinderk

I've never understood why people give a fuck about what other people do.Why can't people just live their own life instead of worrying if someone is a vegetarian or a omnivore. Does it really matter?  

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By pirate_republic
@bennyboy:
Ethics? You're saying that if all animals had ethics, then no meat would be consumed anywhere in the food chain? Think about what you are saying. Do you think we might have some population problems? Maybe not enough plants to go around? Things need to be killed to keep this planet balanced. Ethics are irrelevant, and serve merely as weak arguments for those who are guilty about the means of nature.

Secondly, we are part of the "kill or be killed" thing, because we are still part of the food chain. Despite being isolated, we still rely on the food chain to survive, and are therefore are a part of it. We're hella on the top, but we're still part of this balance.
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By bennyboy
@pirate_republic:

ethics are not irrelevant.  you're discussing food ethics with me right now.  Your decision to eat meat is an ethical choice.

EDIT: and if you're not already aware, we currently do have an overpopulation problem, which is due in large part to people in developing nations having far too many children in order to make up for the ones that will most likely die from hunger.  Do you wanna take a wild guess as to how we could help solve the starvation issue?
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By bennyboy
@pirate_republic said:
" @bennyboy: Ethics? You're saying that if all animals had ethics, then no meat would be consumed anywhere in the food chain?
No.  If all animals had ethics, then all animals would have to consciously change their levels of meat consumption to adapt to current conditions.  Now you're just drawing up a strawman arguement
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By pirate_republic
@bennyboy:
Eat our young?

Anyways, you're right, this is an ethical conversation, and one that is getting no where. I believe there are no ethics, because everything to do with food is the "right" thing to do, regardless of feelings. You believe that much to do with food is "wrong", and because there are two sides for you (plants are right), there are therefore ethics. Anyways, this is a stupid thread in the first place, let's stop bumping it, but first I have a question: assuming you're a full fledged vegetarian, what if you learned that plants actually have lots of emotions, moreso then animals. They lack the ability to express these emotions, but they do have them. They cry when they see their friends die, and other such emotions. You have to eat one of them, would you eat animals or plants (primarily)? I'm trying to see whether it's guilt or what it is that drives a vegetarian to eat ten pounds of hemp plant every day to replace eating meat.
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By pirate_republic

@bennyboy said:

"@pirate_republic said:
" @bennyboy: Ethics? You're saying that if all animals had ethics, then no meat would be consumed anywhere in the food chain?
No.  If all animals had ethics, then all animals would have to consciously change their levels of meat consumption to adapt to current conditions.  Now you're just drawing up a strawman arguement"

But that's just it, you've proven what I said earlier: that if you want to cut back on eating meat, go for it, but it's silly to boycott it altogether. Anyways, refer to my above post.

ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ryoma122

im all up for letting them be but some one that doesnt grab a quarter pounder out your hand after dangling it in there face just isnt normal

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Manatassi
@bennyboy said:
" @Manatassi said:

"
Okay, so you're saying that it's harder for poor people to practice vegetarianism.  Well of course I would agree with you to the extent that one should only be a vegetarian if you feel that is is within your means to do so.  Vegetarianism is a choice and no one should ever force you to practice it.  However your calling vegetarianism "short-sighted and self-involved" because of the possible financial burden is extremely tenuous because it is based upon the logistical shortcomings of our food distribution system, not necessarily because vegetarianism itself as a philosophy is wrong.@Manatassi said:

Read what I said a few pages earlier please.  Oh and go read Diet for a New America and The Food Revolution by John Robbins as well as http://www.eatright.org/ada/files/vegnp.pdf before telling me vegetarianism does not promote a healthy lifestyle. "
Yup I have an admission to make, I'm sitting here with a trained dietician who has been my reference tool for my posts by the way. Apparently John Robbins is not the be all and end all of dietary research and his opinions and theories are, well, opinions and theories. there is no conclusive text on the subject of dietary debate. I wasn't however commenting on the health implications of Vegetarianism I was commenting on the social and political differences that could be made if all the people who decided to be Vegetarians simply followed the market force plan that I marked out in my first post. My experience lies in the area of budgeting and Financial planning and the social ramifications of a misdirected sense of morality.

Vegetarianism is a perfectly valid dietary lifestyle I am not arguing that. I am however arguing that, as the Moral high ground many stand upon to make themselves feel better, it is not constructive and if people really wanted to make a difference they would look at the big picture. 

My deciding to drive a large 4x4 car to pick up the kids from school is a valid "Lifestyle Choice" and perfectly valid if i can afford it. However it does nothing to aid the issue that is really at hand.

A lack of action on the part of people who have the means and education to take action is the issue I have with Vegetarians.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By bennyboy
@Manatassi: they are making a difference, no matter how small it is.@Manatassi said:
" A lack of action on the part of people who have the means and education to take action is the issue I have with Vegetarians."
um can you clarify what you mean by "a lack of action" please.

edit: way to dodge the link by the way