• 85 results
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

The trailer for Iron Man 3 was released today.

The first Iron Man movie was amazing, it was a good sign that marvel was on the up and up again after a big line of not so great movies. Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3 Elecktra, Ghost Rider, The Punisher War Zone. Iron Man 2 was a good movie, but not as good as the first, The Avengers made me fall in love with Tony Stark again, one of the best characters of the movie. I was curious as to how they would handle the movie, it seems there going in the dark direction which is exactly how IU want to see Iron Man now, in the comics there was a good length of time dedicated to alcoholism and depression, something I want to see happen to Tony.

What do you think?

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dichemstys

Pretty awesome trailer, the effects sure do look nice.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By colourful_hippie

That sure does look like an action movie, but I definitely love me some Guy Pearce. I wonder if they acknowledge anything that happened in the Avengers movie.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

It looks cool. I don't love either of the Iron Man movies, I did enjoy them though. I'm mostly interested in it due to Shane Black's involvement.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RedRoach

@Colourful_Hippie said:

That sure does look like an action movie, but I definitely love me some Guy Pearce. I wonder if they acknowledge anything that happened in the Avengers movie.

Doesn't he reference in the trailer talking about "after what happened in new york"

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kermoosh

kinda reminds me of the dark knight rises. idk mandarin just seemed like bane, which isn't a bad thing as bane is cool.

i also like how they are going with the dark undertone, while he was funny in the previous movies he was also way too immature to be a hero

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colourful_hippie

@RedRoach: Must have missed but I'm guessing all of that stuff will just be talked about in the opening of the movie to set the tone for the rest of it. I just like how this feels like the dark middle chapter even though I know this isn't a trilogy.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SlightConfuse
Big Captain America fan
Big Captain America fan
Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Shaka999

Eh, after watching the Avengers (and getting way too much of a Disney vibe from it), I'm wary to watch anything Marvel puts out.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MideonNViscera

@Shaka999 said:

Eh, after watching the Avengers (and getting way too much of a Disney vibe from it), I'm wary to watch anything Marvel puts out.

Yeah it was pretty gay when they had Simba fight the Hulk.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By zombie2011

I don't when this happened buy i kind of don't like Robert Downy Jr. He seems really into himself. From all the interviews i've seen of him it's like he thinks he is Tony Stark.

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shaka999

@MideonNViscera: lol, if only. To clarify, I meant that I hated all of the cheesy one-liners that's evident in recent disney action movies (See: Tron Legacy)

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By EuanDewar

looks like piss, especially the building falling down

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By _Zombie_

So the almost entirely baseless Bane comparisons have already started?

Oh. That's cool.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@RedRoach: Must have missed but I'm guessing all of that stuff will just be talked about in the opening of the movie to set the tone for the rest of it. I just like how this feels like the dark middle chapter even though I know this isn't a trilogy.

Well Marvel's Phase 2 is starting, so I don't think the events that took place in The Avengers will just be referenced. Everything that happens now will essentially lead up to Avengers 2.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By awesomeusername

My pants and head exploded when I saw it earlier. Oh man, I can't wait!

@Hizang said:

Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3 Elecktra, Ghost Rider, The Punisher War Zone.

Those were Sony & Fox made movies though so you can't really blame Marvel.

@zombie2011 said:

I don't when this happened buy i kind of don't like Robert Downy Jr. He seems really into himself. From all the interviews i've seen of him it's like he thinks he is Tony Stark.

Who the heck is Robert Downey Jr.? We only know a Tony Stark. What dimension are you living in?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Hizang
@awesomeusername You mean Sherlock Homes right?

I hope one day all the movies are made by Marvel, fuck Disney, fuck Sony, make mine Marvel!
Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Im more interested in X Men vs Avengers

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NTM

Out of all of the Marvel movies, I'd say I really only (very much to my surprise) liked The Avengers. That was a great movie. I didn't really like any of the other Marvel movies. Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were the best, but not great, then Captain America, that was fair, and Thor, that was meh. Iron Man 2 was extremely forgettable. All I have for this is hope that it's good, and after The Avengers, I'm excited to see where these individual movies are headed, but because of not liking the other individual films, I'm not that excited.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@NTM said:

Out of all of the Marvel movies, I'd say I really only (very much to my surprise) liked The Avengers. That was a great movie. I didn't really like any of the other Marvel movies. Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were the best, but not great, then Captain America, that was fair, and Thor, that was meh. Iron Man 2 was extremely forgettable. All I have for this is hope that it's good, and after The Avengers, I'm excited to see where these individual movies are headed, but because of not liking the other individual films, I'm not that excited.

Did the entire story of The Avengers pretty much feel like a rip off of Transformers (2006)

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Zombie_

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@NTM said:

Did the entire story of The Avengers pretty much feel like a rip off of Transformers (2006)

Nope.

Also, your support of AVX makes your opinion invalid.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NTM

@Bourbon_Warrior: Uhh, sure. That's not really a problem though. The Avengers had more pros and less cons than Transformers did, like the majority of characters were likable, it wasn't nearly as corny (if that's the word). Furthermore, it wasn't really boring, to me at least, and etc. To be honest, I never really thought about the correlation between the two movies. All I was saying is that I didn't enjoy the movies the individual characters came from as much as The Avengers. Iron Man, the first one, that was better than a lot of the super hero movies made, but I still didn't think it was all that entertaining.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By awesomeusername

@Hizang said:

@awesomeusername You mean Sherlock Homes right? I hope one day all the movies are made by Marvel, fuck Disney, fuck Sony, make mine Marvel!

No, Sherlock Holmes is..... Oh my Zeus.... What is this!?!?!?!

I hope so too man. X-Men movies aren't really appealing to me and the Fantastic 4 & Daredevil movies were shit. Fox sucks. Sony screws up Ghost Rider and I hear Spiderman is great but I would prefer Marvel made, Marvel distributed/published movies.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#24  Edited By Little_Socrates

It looks all right! I'll be missing its theatrical release because it'll be finals season at my school, but I'll probably catch it on matinee a few weeks later.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Benny

Wonder if they will actually have the extremis serum like it was in the comic, hence the suit working when he isn't in it and how he could get the gauntlet to attach itself to him from across the room. That shit will be pretty fucking cool if they go through with it.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Phatmac

It looks great. Hope it's better than iron man 2

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By toowalrus

It looks uh... meh, I don't know, I find it hard to get excited about... movies.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Sooty

I still feel burned after watching Thor, what a shitty fucking movie with the worst iPod reference ever.

If they make a Rocket Raccoon movie with a proper cockney accent I will be there opening night.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By _Zombie_

I still wish they would have gone with Chow Yun-Fat for Mandarin. Kingsley's a nice choice, but Chow would have been much better.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HaltIamReptar

@NTM said:

This man has it exactly.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By dichemstys

Lot of comparisons between this and Dark Knight Rises.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By august

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get past them whitewashing The Mandarin.

Wesker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wesker411

Kids, go watch a real action movie like Raid: The Redemption. All the super hero stuff is just so fucking meh anymore. Quit supporting this crap. Oh wait.....COD generation....never mind, there is no hope.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By _Zombie_

@Wesker411 said:

Kids, go watch a real action movie like Raid: The Redemption. All the super hero stuff is just so fucking meh anymore. Quit supporting this crap. Oh wait.....COD generation....never mind, there is no hope.

Shoo, troll. Back to your bridge!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By penguindust

I want to see another Hulk movie more than anything. I thought he was awesome and hilarious in The Avengers.

Iron Man was okay, too. I'll see this because I see them all, but there are other Marvel Heroes that I'm more interested in these days. I'd love to see them do the Fantastic Four right. Or how about a Thor 2 with Beta Ray Bill? Now that would be cool.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By OneManX

Yeah I kind of want to see the Marvel A-Team do some other guys, a proper Fantastic Four or Rhost Rider, hell even Punisher.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By _Zombie_

@OneManX said:

Yeah I kind of want to see the Marvel A-Team do some other guys, a proper Fantastic Four or Rhost Rider, hell even Punisher.

A Punisher movier that gets the violence, character, and plot done right would be amazing.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By N7
@zombie2011 said:

Dude, Robert Downey Jr IS Tony Stark. Do a history check and see if their story doesn't line up.
TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheHumanDove

@Wesker411 said:

Can you really say that with a straight face when your picture and name are of Wesker?

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By landon

@Shaka999 said:

@MideonNViscera: lol, if only. To clarify, I meant that I hated all of the cheesy one-liners that's evident in recent disney action movies (See: Tron Legacy)

That's just Joss Whedons writing. All of his characters usually have a witty qwips to say to each other. The humor in Iron Man wasn't really like that.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By landon

@Wesker411 said:

Are you shitting me? The Raid is a perfect movie for the COD generation. A paper thin plot that is only there to give an excuse for the balls out action.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

This looks good. I'm in, the first movie was great, the second was ok, hopefully they nail this one.

You're right that The Raid is great. Everything else in your post is just kinda funny.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mercy_

Really wanna see them go the Rescue route with Pepper for this one.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By JasonR86

It certainly looks better then the second one. I couldn't even make it a half hour into Iron Man 2.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@zombiebigfoot said:

So the almost entirely baseless Bane comparisons have already started?

Oh. That's cool.

If by Bane comparisons we mean the actor is doing a weird thing with his voice, then yeah. The only difference is Bane sounded like robot Sean Connery, but Ben Kingsley just sounds like he's drunk.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MideonNViscera

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@NTM said:

You mean how alien robots came from space and befriended an annoying kid and his girlfriend then fought each other and no superheroes appeared at all? Agreed, total rip off.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By _Zombie_

@MideonNViscera said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@NTM said:

You mean how alien robots came from space and befriended an annoying kid and his girlfriend then fought each other and no superheroes appeared at all? Agreed, total rip off.

Yup. Totally identical.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NTM

@HaltIamReptar said:

@NTM said:

This man has it exactly.

Thank you.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NTM

@Landon said:

@Shaka999 said:

That's just Joss Whedons writing. All of his characters usually have a witty qwips to say to each other. The humor in Iron Man wasn't really like that.

I love Tron: Legacy, but I kind of agree, like the "Made it" quote that they say, and say again. Furthermore, Landon, it's quips, not qwips.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Wesker411 said:

No Caption Provided