Is ALL Circuit City stores really closing down for good?

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Austin

I ask this because I just went on Circuit City's website and it said it is closing down stores and its starting to liquidate all its products.

1)  A Circuity City just opened in my local area, so does that mean Circuit City paid all that money to build a brand new spanking store and paid all those men to actually put the store together for nothing?

2) Why the hell isn't BestBuy going out of business? They sell the same stuff as Circuit City, but at an even higher cost. How did BestBuy survive?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I think they are closing but are staying open in Canada, and I`m pretty sure BestBuy is/was cheaper.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo
Austin said:
"I ask this because I just went on Circuit City's website and it said it is closing down stores and its starting to liquidate all its products.

1)  A Circuity City just opened in my local area, so does that mean Circuit City paid all that money to build a brand new spanking store and paid all those men to actually put the store together for nothing?

2) Why the hell isn't BestBuy going out of business? They sell the same stuff as Circuit City, but at an even higher cost. How did BestBuy survive?
"
1) Happened to me. In October they had a grand opening with a big sign, "Grand Opening" of course. They replaced that sign in November with "Store Closing."

2) Best Buy actually has good prices. I don't see where you get "higher cost." Circuit City was ass, and you know it. Just because you hate on Best Buy, I am going to mock you for saying "Is ALL Circuit City stores really closing down" in the title.

3) Buy stuff from Amazon. Cheaper.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I actually really liked CC. Best Buy stores always seem to be full of asshole clerks and with god awful customer service.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Jolly_Lolly said:
"I actually really liked CC. Best Buy stores always seem to be full of asshole clerks and with god awful customer service."
i disagree. as long as you don't look like your lost and you actually know what your doing they stay out of your way, also te only cc store i have ever been in was in buffalo just by the border and it was a fucking dump
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By keyhunter

Circuit city blows guys. Good riddance.
Unless you want to purchase the PC version of Morrowind: Tribunal

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By GamespotNoMore

Circuit City is going out of business just in the USA, they are out of business only because they did not pay their creditors and they owe a bunch of money, and it is a tough economy now. BEST BUY will survive...in CANADA CIrcuit City will go on, at least for NOW...and anyone outside of USA or CANADA like EUrope or Australia has no idea what we're talking about because CIrcuit City is mainly only in USA and Canada

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GamespotNoMore

for CDs and some DVDs Circuit City had great prices at least where I lived, I could find a lot of CDs for 9.99 or 12.99, Best Buys prices were close but usually more..for new video games it didn't matter because they are the same price everywhere, except for used games, which I buy all the time, and old generation game prices were better at Circuit City in my opinion, anyway, there will be great deals at Circuit City, especially in the next month..they plan to close totally by March, so definitely in February and March there will be crazy prices, and maybe Best Buy will try to lower their prices to compete too

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By RichardLOlson
Well lets not forget about the shitty economy.......I knew circut city wouldn't last though.  Hey at least wal-mart is still hangin in there. (sarcastic woohoo)
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By CoolDrMoney
Austin said:
 so does that mean Circuit City paid all that money to build a brand new spanking store and paid all those men...
"
heh
KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KnifeySpoony

I just went with a friend today to find our circuit city boarded up, but that place really was ass. Even when it was doing fine years ago the store was crappy.

As for Best Buy, I know a ton of people who've worked there/geek squad and their selection of things is greater than circuit city had to offer. I'm not going to say I am happy that they are out of business everywhere, but I definitely could see it coming if someone had to go.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By jNerd

Yeah, Circuit City went bankrupt in the US. They're liquidating there entire inventory. I went today & got two 1600 point cards for $13 each & a 2gb DDR2 (sick-o-ram) for $55. Most shit is marked down ATLEAST 20%.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StaticFalconar

Best buy is around and not circuit city because of best buy is a better business than circuit city. The staff is friendlier the deals are better; I just don't see myself even bothering to go to circuit city for their liquidation sales even.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422
Bucketdeth said:
"I think they are closing but are staying open in Canada, and I`m pretty sure BestBuy is/was cheaper."
Best Buy(at least here) 9/10 times were move expensive than things fron Circuit City. Ironic kind of.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

yes circuit city is dead.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Drebin_893

I think they're closing because grammar has gone so far down hill.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolverine

Best Buy is a much better store than Circuit City. You get much better service, better prices and they have everything.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PercyChuggs
Austin said:
"I ask this because I just went on Circuit City's website and it said it is closing down stores and its starting to liquidate all its products.

"
Uh..because people shop at Best Buy, and it's a soundly run company. Nobody shopped at Circuit City, and it was run like crap.
tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By tokyochicken

Yeah its staying up here in Canada, for how long though I'm not sure. As it stands its fine for now.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

Dood, Best Buy is much cheaper than Circuit City!  My goodness, I have probably shopped at Circuit City a total of 7 times in my life, and that's 6 times too many!

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By psmgamer

Never been to Circuit City before but Bestbuy does have cheaper stuff like on sale. Circuit City is going of business closing down all of its stores across the U.S. until the sale ends.

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GamespotNoMore

well, Circuit City now in the US has pretty much everything 25% off at least, so right now it is the better buy...I went in to Best Buy today, same exact prices as they have always had..I guess they know Circuit City is going out of business and Best Buy can keep their same exact prices before CC goes under

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GamespotNoMore

these last two or three months of Circuit City (they want to totally close up shop sometime in March) will be crazy insane the deals they have..so Circuit City will be the "best buy" until Circuit City is dead, then Best Buy can rake in all of CC's customers and never have to change their prices at all, in fact Best Buy's prices could go up now that they have more of the market covered

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By TheGreatGuero

In my experience, Circuit City often times had better deals than Best Buy. I just always happened to like Best Buy more.

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GamespotNoMore

anyway for the next 3-4 months Circuit City will have the better deals, but best Buy doesn't have to worry at all or change their prices cuz they know know Circuit City is slowly withering away

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26  Edited By OGCartman

Aw, thats really unfortunate.
I loved going to them in the States.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Shadow

What the hell are you talking about?  Circuit City prices were always higher than Best Buy.

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GamespotNoMore

well, I guess in different parts of the country different prices vary...because Circuit City was a good deal where I live at least for CDs and some DVDs...but they couldn't handle their money, so they are going bye bye now

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lunarbunny

I only go to big box stores for convenience...Best Buy is like a mile away. I prefer to buy my hardware from a local place (Computer Stop) or from Newegg.com. Games, I typically buy from Steam or Best Buy or Gamestop just because there's kind of a lack of options around here. Of course, right now I don't even have to buy my games from Steam...

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GamespotNoMore

I like buying games better at big box stores than Gamestop or Electronics Boutique