Is anyone going to see The Dark knight Rises opening night?

• 62 results
GavinFawcett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GavinFawcett

I got IMAX tickets the second the went on sale, 4 hours later they where sold out for the next 2 days.

What are you expecting?

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pr1mus

This is going to be the greatest movie of all time, OF ALL TIME! I got my tickets for the midnight screening.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

A good film hopefully.

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vestigial_Man

Hopefully I can go day 1 but I'll be in Glasgow so it might be too busy. If I was at home I'd have no trouble because our town is too small to "sell out," it can be pretty busy but I've never seen it full.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By Daneian

My body is ready! Going to an advanced screening Thursday evening at 7! Sequel to easily my favorite movie of all time! Exclamation point!

shakafo00o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shakafo00o

How can you guys go opening night?? Everyone applauds and cheers a movie screen and a lot of times you miss parts >_<

...Maybe it's cuz my last opening night movie was Spiderman 3 but still....

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Hells yes! No way I'm missing that opening night.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#8  Edited By Little_Socrates

Shit! I forgot to order my tickets. I really, really need to do that...

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Liquidus

Nope, I definitely want to see it but not that bad. I know it most certainly won't be as good as The Dark Knight and from the trailers, it looks like they might have ruined the big moments in the movie.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'm going. Mainly because of the sweet t shirt they're giving away for it.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Agent47

I dunno I am kind of doubtful from all the trailers it looks like a Michael Bay Batman. What I liked about Batman Begins was how grounded in reality it was. It was actually believable, The Dark Knight kind of took away from that but it still wasn't over the top. But now they got Catwomen and Batman has some kind of aircraft flying across Gotham...it's just *sigh*. I liked the movies cause they didn't fly into fuckin craziness like most superhero movies. I'll still watch it but I guess they took this direction because after how successful The Dark Knight was they needed a way to top it without Joker.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I want to.

But the last time I went to see something near release (Avengers) I had to get into a fight to get people to shut up and/or stop kicking my chair.
I'm not paying so much money to have it ruined by morons.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Clonedzero

never opening night. probably the monday morning after or something. where its mostly dead. i like going to movies when no one else does lol

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Toxeia

I'm excited about the movie, but I'm not willing to expose myself to extreme levels of assholery just to see it. Midnight debuts for movies are bad news for people in my family. I've seen pictures of my nephew in a fist fight at a Harry Potter movie when he was 11.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Clonedzero said:

never opening night. probably the monday morning after or something. where its mostly dead. i like going to movies when no one else does lol

Yeah, same here. Seeing The Avengers accompanied by a large crowd was an interesting experience, with the reactions and everything, but I'm much more comfortable the less people are there. I'll go for a matinee.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By Daneian

@shakafo00o said:

How can you guys go opening night?? Everyone applauds and cheers a movie screen and a lot of times you miss parts >_<

I saw Dark Knight that way and it was the greatest movie experience of my entire life. The air was electric. Everyone just kinda became one. Never had that before.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VierasTalo

Seeing it on Friday on 6PM. Hope it's good. Dark Knight was fine. As was Begins. Probably won't be more fun than the new Spidey though.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I'll wait for Blu Ray

@Toxeia said:

I'm excited about the movie, but I'm not willing to expose myself to extreme levels of assholery just to see it. Midnight debuts for movies are bad news for people in my family. I've seen pictures of my nephew in a fist fight at a Harry Potter movie when he was 11.

Just got a mental image of a wizard provoking someone, then they yell expeliramus with their fake wand and get punched in the nose.

Avatar image for deactivated-6082f30752bdc
deactivated-6082f30752bdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You bet your ass I am.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@shakafo00o said:

My last opening night movie was Avatar in 3D got pulled along by some friends and had never seen a 3D movie and had no idea what the movie was about apart from seeing the blue dude in the movie poster, which I thought at the time was the enemy.

It fucking blew my mind that film, the joys of a watching a movie without it being ruined by trailers and hype is just so great, takes me back to The Matrix when all the trailers were was a text saying "what is the matrix?".

McBEEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By McBEEF

Got my tickets booked for Friday, 9am! -First showing was at 5am but i dont want to fall asleep during

Hope theres a small crowd without any shouting/laughing fanboys like the avengers was

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By BoFooQ

I hate large crowds at movies, So I'll go see it during the week some time a week or two after. As long as you avoid all the spoilers its no big deal, and I don't have a lot of crazed friends who will rush out to see it then come and tell me about it.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MikkaQ

Nah I really hated The Dark Knight, so I'm gonna wait and see if it's really worth watching.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SSully

Nope! I will wait a week or two and go when there are less people. I have had both good and bad opening night experiences, and honestly I rather wait a few weeks to avoid having a bad experience.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Yeah, I got a free Seattle Imax ticket because my friend works at the Science Center.

Echofoxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Echofoxz

I wish...

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShadyPingu

Nah, I'll catch it on Sunday.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#28  Edited By musubi

Fuck no. Might go that saturday but no way in hell opening night its going to be crazy.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@shakafo00o said:

I went to the Spiderman 3 opening at the Imax, and I can tell you that as soon as emo Peter Parker showed up, nobody was applauding or cheering at all. And when he did his terrible little dance number, the entire audience was audibly confused. Shouting "What the fuck is going on?". That movie was aggressively cheesy.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EXTomar

No. I don't ever see movies, especially movies designed to be "blockbusters" on opening week or weekend. Hollywood has gotten into a bad habit of favoring movies with a big opening over those with longevity where I won't help feed that.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By DoctorWelch

I never go see films I want to see opening night because fuck people. If I'm going to spend the money to see it in a theater I don't want my experience interrupted by assholes, children, or morons. I usually wait a week or so until there aren't that many people going to see it anymore.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By beepmachine

I'm actually going to a batman marathon at my local theater that starts thursday and runs into friday. Begins, Dark Knight, and then this one at midnight, with intermissions (I'm assuming) in between. Hopefully people will get the stupid out of them within the first 6 hours.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Yes IMAX at midnight

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Vestigial_Man said:

Hopefully I can go day 1 but I'll be in Glasgow so it might be too busy. If I was at home I'd have no trouble because our town is too small to "sell out," it can be pretty busy but I've never seen it full.

The IMAX screen in Glasgow is incredible. Booked my weekend tickets as soon as they went on sale; after seeing TDK there I am totally sold on the format. It's incredible.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Not seeing it until about a week after it comes out. Hope it's much better than The Dark Knight.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@shakafo00o said:

I went to the Spiderman 3 opening at the Imax, and I can tell you that as soon as emo Peter Parker showed up, nobody was applauding or cheering at all. And when he did his terrible little dance number, the entire audience was audibly confused. Shouting "What the fuck is going on?". That movie was aggressively cheesy.

That movie is one of my favorite midnight movie experiences because, halfway through, it actually turned into a cult midnight movie experience. Everyone was confused, angry, and laughing together. It was awful, and we all fucking reveled in it. A few people where horribly upset though.

I'm seeing it in IMAX so I won't see DKR until 2am that Friday. Hopefully I'm still awake and the subway doesn't suck too much after.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AssInAss

Not Day 1, but Day 2 (21st July, 11am) in the morning in London Wateloo IMAX for the whole family! SO EXCITED

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By kindgineer

I feel that going on the day it releases destroys my enjoyment. I live in Pennsylvania and there is always one drunken retard who thinks it would be funny to ruin to the movie.

I'm going to wait about a week or two to see it. I've made it this long without seeing it, what's another 2 weeks?

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

My buddy bought me a ticket for my birthday for the 20th at 7:30 pm. I'm pretty stoked, I can tell Nolan is holding a lot back based on these trailers.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Wraxend

Got my tickets booked for Saturday at midday and i'm slap bang in the middle of the cinema :D

ZeeGreat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ZeeGreat1

Theater by my house is doing a marathon on Thrusday of the previous 2 movies ending with Dark Knight Rises at midnight, the only thing I plan to do that day is Batman Batman Batman!

GavinFawcett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GavinFawcett

@ZeeGreat1: I was gonna do that but I just watched the last two.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By toowalrus

I'm going Sunday but honestly, I'm not too excited about it. Bane and Cat-Woman both look super goofy, I don't know if I can suspend my disbelief the way I could with the first two movies.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@TooWalrus said:

I'm going Sunday but honestly, I'm not too excited about it. Bane and Cat-Woman both look super goofy, I don't know if I can suspend my disbelief the way I could with the first two movies.

We must have very different ideas of what "goofy" means. Especially "super goofy".

Going to opening night at IMAX and couldn't be more excited.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By intro

Probably not because I work at the movie theater that day. Somehow I just got scheduled for morning and not the midnight shift, so I could go back that night. However, after being there 7 hours i don't care to go back for another 2 and a half.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By laserbolts

Will probably wait and see it on a weekday. Gonna be awesome for sure.

cjmhockey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cjmhockey

Yes, midnight imax, bought them on the first day they were available. Can't wait until Friday 12:01am!!

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By sean2206

I'm currently booking tickets for a 5AM screening for some reason my local cinema is doing a 5AM showing rather than a midnight one. The brand of cinemas in the nearest city are doing a marathon although for whatever reason the one there isn't doing anything special at all.

So excited for this movie I've watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight a few times in this last week and have been listening to the soundtrack on Youtube particurlarly the "Rise" chant for most of the day. I am slightly obsessed with this film but soooooo excited.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Gonna try and shoot for opening weekend. My girlfriends birthday is around that time and she's been dying to see it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Liquidus said:

Nope, I definitely want to see it but not that bad. I know it most certainly won't be as good as The Dark Knight and from the trailers, it looks like they might have ruined the big moments in the movie.

You realize that the movie is nearly 3 hours long and they've released what, 5 minutes of footage?