Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By lazyturtle
 @Hardgamer: I'd say its a load of carp.  

@ape_dosmil
:  Killing something isn't necessarily cruel.  
Cruel is an intention. If I catch a fish and proceed to mutilate it before eating it, that be cruel. If I catch it, kill it and eat it without specifically doing so to cause it suffering..its nature. Some animals are cruel...dolphins for example. We've all seen the videos of dolphins drowning other species of dolphins for no purpose other than killing them. We've also seen the same animals charge into a school of sardines for dinner. From the same animal, cruel and not cruel.  You make the argument that it doesn't matter to the animal being eaten..I disagree. I mean wouldn't it be better to die without being tortured first?

As far as vegans are concerned...they're just engaging in a form of discrimination. Its not ok to eat animals..because why? They're alive? So are vegetables. They feel pain? You could choose to kill them without pain (not that most people do). They're cute? Hard to argue with that one. 
 My wife is a vegetarian (not vegan) and the hypocrisy of it never ceases to amaze me. To be a vegan you really need to live in the world with blinders on...its not possible to avoid animal material in your food. Every bite of a vegetable or fruit contains billions of bacteria, as well as things like fungi, insect larvae, insects, insect eggs..etc. But those don't count.
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Marcsman

HSUS guidelines for euthanising fish include microwaving them and flushing them down a toilet. NO LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Don't see how fishing is cruel compared to being microwaved.