Is there any place where I can read Metro 2033 online?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

Before Dmitri Whatshisface published the book he had it posted online for people to read for free. I was wondering if it (or something like it) was still online to read. I found a website some time ago with the first 3 chapters translated and I read them; the book is fantastic and I really wanna continue it. Halp! 

And buying it from Amazon.com really isn't an option because my mom doesn't trust the website.

bobber205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bobber205

Lol. She doesn't trust Amazon of all places? :P

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@bobber205 said:
" Lol. She doesn't trust Amazon of all places? :P "
Amazon has had a nice history of issues 
bobber205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bobber205

Really? Enough to make someone stay away from it entirely? If you can't trust Amazon, who can you trust? : P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@bobber205 said:
" Really? Enough to make someone stay away from it entirely? If you can't trust Amazon, who can you trust? : P "
Strange men in vans parked outside elementary schools.
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@bobber205 said:
" Really? Enough to make someone stay away from it entirely? If you can't trust Amazon, who can you trust? : P "
A wile back alot of people where sent empty boxes. (My grandpa was one of them) and to get your money back took a wile. Customer service was like trying to cancel your AIM account. 
spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By spaceturtle
@natetodamax:
Read?? Outrageous!

No, seriously, I'm guessing you already have checked out the main page for the book? On the internetz of course... Cause last time I've heard talk about the book being published online for free it was to be found on the home page. But the duration of the "free read" might only have been avalible in the beginning when the book was sort of... unpopular and newly released. I mean, it has sold a lot of copies since its release, and I'm guessing the rights of distributing the material is owned by what ever company is publishing the book now. My guess, the free read is over, pal...
VillianHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VillianHead

Library

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

I don't know about reading the book online, but you can buy it here.

Wolham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Wolham

I see the thread is dead, but I'll make a post if anyone finds this thread, perhaps through google like I did. 

Considering how many sources tell that it is available on their website, and how thoroughly I've searched it, I assume that the only version available online is the russian version, and not the english. The same goes for metro 2034, I presume. Note that these are only assumptions since I searched the site using google translater, and it refused to translate pictures (obviously) with text. : / 

It took quite a while for the local library to get 2033, so I doubt I will see 2034 any time soon : (

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By thatfrood

For whatever reason, cultural or etc., english versions of texts are rarely uploaded to the internet, whereas Russian ones almost always are. *shrug*, I'd say you're out of luck mate. It's a pretty cool read.

laughingsox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For whatever reason, cultural or etc., english versions of texts are rarely uploaded to the internet, whereas Russian ones almost always are. *shrug*, I'd say you're out of luck mate. It's a pretty cool read.

Problem solved. Learn Russian.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Barrock

Amazon is awesome. Trust them.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wonder if Nate started trusting Amazon at some point in the last 3 years since this was written.

Find out next time, on The Forums.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShockD

@bobber205

said:

A wile back alot of people where sent empty boxes. (My grandpa was one of them) and to get your money back took a wile. Customer service was like trying to cancel your AIM account.

I once tried ordering something from the co.uk portal of Amazon and waited a whole week for them to tell me my package was lost. Then they resent it, LOST IT AGAIN (or so they say) and after a third week I got back my money. Honestly now I avoid buying anything from there.