Itunes 8

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By fresh2deafbill

So i just downladed it and when i plugged my ipod back in my computer crashed. when it booted back up i reset the ipod and ran a virus scan. The scan came up negative and when i plugged the ipod in again it crashed again. anyone else having a problem

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Lies

Nope.

I do like what they've done with iTunes 8 however. The genius playlists are quite nice, and grid view is pretty cool as well.

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fresh2deafbill
Lies said:
"Nope.

I do like what they've done with iTunes 8 however. The genius playlists are quite nice, and grid view is pretty cool as well."
ya but i would rather it not crash my computer
fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fresh2deafbill

just plugged it in again. its working now

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf

Pretty cool. Doesn't drastically change anything for me though. Genius is a nice idea though. :-D

pmonnier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pmonnier
SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By SlowHands

I downloaded it and now my library is gone from Windows Media Player, which I prefer.  I can't add them back in through the menu (monitor folders thingy).

Anyone know a fix?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf

I'm sure the freezing problem will be fixed in a couple days or less. :)

As for your library being removed in WMP? I honestly have no idea.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Megalon

I feel like a beta tester for apple with itunes 8 and the last few ipod updates. 8 crashed right away on me, and the first update to my touch since 2.0 made all my damn apps stop working. 8 seems to be stable now though...hopefully they don't have to update either for awhile I'm sick of downloading 75 and 250mb files just for a damn .0.1 update... /rant

SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By SlowHands

I HATE ITUNES.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By kush

Didn't even know iTunes 8 was coming out...I guess I'll be welcomed with an update next time I open iTunes.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By danielkempster

Recently, I've been using Windows Media Player as my music management software, and have installed iTunes for podcast management (because anything is better than relying on ZENcast). The reason behind this decision is that when it comes to managing large collections, iTunes is useless. Having three different variations on one big list that can only be navigated by scrolling through it is a pain in the arse. While Media Player is far from perfect, at least it offers a decent degree of control over managing one's music.

The new grid view is a step in the right direction, in my opinion. It's nice being able to quickly browse by artist, album, genre, etc. It's also nice for people like me, who prefer to listen to individual albums without the music software immediately moving on to the next. The addition of Genius is a welcome one, and while it's far from perfect, it's bound to improve as time goes on. However, it still lacks the level of control I have with Media Player, and the fact an iTunes Store account is mandatory for Genius is a major turn-off.

In summary, it's a good move on Apple's part, but I can't see myself switching to it unless it's developed further. I guess I'll just have to continue longing for the day when I can use just one piece of software of all my audio needs. Although, if anybody knows of any music management software that can effectively manage large music collections, can handle podcast subscriptions, has support for a Last.fm plug-in, and can sync content to a Creative Zen Vision:M (I don't ask much :P) then let me know.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kohe321

I'm downloading itunes 8 as we speak.

DavidPalmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DavidPalmer

I've heard it's got a few bugs though, I'm going to hold off until 8.0.1 or something when they get a few fixes out on the market.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JakJ

Exactly, I just need an app that puts stuff on my ipod. I could give a crap about 85% of the features in iTunes.  I had to battle to get the stupid thing running in the first place. x64 version didn't work on my x64 computer, just to name one example of general iTunes shittyness.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By SSbabel

Yes, i must download this update.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kohe321

It's ok, I don't know if I like the new way it shows artist, albums and stuff in your library. I need to get more used to it, though.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Kazona

I'll just stick with MediaMonkey

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead

It's nice and works perfectly, but i'm using a Mac so if it didn't, i'd be surprised.