I've had a very rough two months.

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 20

Edited By TrashMustache

No, this isn't some cheap way to try to get you to hear my song. I make many songs and I never post anything here. But I have had a terrible two months.

To keep it short, I was given wrong medication for a condition I have which caused me to have an extremely painful ulcer, this lasted for weeks and when I finally recovered and went back to work, a week later, I had a throat infection and a bronchitis. Meanwhile at work I have been in love with this woman for months, all of this stress finally caused me to tell her my feelings. I couldn't deal with the pressure anymore (stress induced ulcer pains). She actually didn't reject me, we went on a date, I paid her dinner, she spent the night and it was magical. The next day she spent the night 2 but it was completely different, she started getting panick attacks, hyperventilation and started crying when were about to have sex. Turns out she is mentally ill and was physically abused repeatedly throughout her past. Obviously, I was shocked and I needed a moment alone to process what had just happened. Then she started blaming me for being "too sensitive", and saw my temporary absence as a sign of anger. She doesn't want anything to do with me anymore and I tried convincing her all I have is good intentions but she mistrusts me completely, to the point where she told me she'd call the cops on me. No, I did not leave out a detail. I didn't do anything wrong to this woman except maybe rekindle the magic we had which perhaps was a mistake. So, my heart is broken, because I honestly never felt so connected with someone, before/despite all of this happened. As a musician, thankfully I can process this into a song. So this is what I made. Hope you enjoy.

Greets,

David

https://soundcloud.com/trashmustache/sorry-to-meet-you

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Sorry it's been a rough few months for you... I've had a pretty awful Summer myself

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This is called dodging a bullet, dude. This thing not working out with this woman is the best thing that could have possibly happened to you, and as soon as you meet someone else you'll realize that.

Also, this is mandatory:

No Caption Provided

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike: I have consulted the Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line before and it really helped out, so thank you, you are prolly right. I'll get over it in time.

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrashMustache
Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I feel for you man, I've been with women that has suffered from different forms of mental illness and while thankfully most have been very forthcoming and helped me get tools to help them whenever they needed assistance, some simply don't consider how it may be for new people and act as the person you mentioned. Even when you are lucky enough to meet one that is helpful, it doesn't always make it any easier on you when a severe panic attack or depressive funk hits right as you're about to go out to do something.

Then again, I have to ask though, did you guys ever talk about her issues once they were out and about or did you back off without you guys ever talking about it?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dating somebody with mental illness can be extremely difficult or, depending on the people involved, impossible. You're best to give her space in a situation like that. There's nothing you can really do for her because any attempt at help will likely be seen as a threat. It might be best to move on and let her go. Try not to resent her for it, she probably doesn't like the situation any more than you do. If she does come back to you, and you've decided that you aren't capable of being in that relationship, then you should be direct and honest but not cold.

Obvious disclaimer: all relationships and people are different dynamically and demand different things, my advice is from a place of personal experience and should be looked at as an example, not a rule.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah I think this is for the best to be honest. It sounds like she just got out of a pretty bad situation and it can take a lot of time to get out of something like that. If she reacted this bad off the bat, I can only imagine the problems that would crop up with more time.

Also this song is actually really cool.

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry duder, hope it gets better. If you ever need to talk feel free to shoot me a PM.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hope the good times roll around sooner than you anticipate, my friend.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That's a mighty impressive song you've written. Way to channel these emotions into something productive and creative. I hope the near future brightens up for you.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice jam, I really like the syncopated (I think, my last formal music training was about 3 years ago) keyboard you got going, for whatever reason it reminds me something out of an SMT game. But I digress.

It does sound like a shitty experience, but you should feel good about yourself. You got through a crappy time and managed to channel your feelings into creating something positive rather than let it get you down for good.
Also you have my respect for just finally going for it with regards to finally dating this girl. I'd still be at the 'Oh jeez, is it okay if I sit next to her at lunch' stage.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Jeust

t I've been in a relationship with a person with a similar problem. And personally I think you should avoid such a relationship, as it is emotionally and physically very draining, especially if you are ill yourself. Many times it makes you feel worse rather than better, making your life even harder to bear. Like it appears to be the case. And you shouldn't get involved with someone like that unless you are up to the task, physically and psicologically. It appears you dodged a bullet there.

A person who is mentally ill requires a great deal of patience, strength, security, and love in order to withstand a relationship and get better on it. Plus feels the need to be needed. All this makes for a very demanding relationship, physically, and psicologically.

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TrashMustache

Thanks for the support and kind+wise words :)

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just want to chime in and say that I really like that song too! I also hope things are starting to look brighter for you too, all you can do sometimes is to just keep moving forward and hope you arrive at a better place :)