Just got Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

I just bought a copy of Splinter Cell: Double Agent for the Xbox 360, I'd have to say that it's one of the best stealth games I've ever played. I really enjoy the "Trust" system, it gives the game a whole extra layer of depth, the option to save anytime is cool, too. One thing that could be better is the frame rate, it's constantly at like 45 FPS.

Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

I just bought a copy of Splinter Cell: Double Agent for the Xbox 360, I'd have to say that it's one of the best stealth games I've ever played. I really enjoy the "Trust" system, it gives the game a whole extra layer of depth, the option to save anytime is cool, too. One thing that could be better is the frame rate, it's constantly at like 45 FPS.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By the8bitNacho

This is more a Twitter update than a blog post.

Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Emandudeguyperson
Kombat said:
"This is more a Twitter update than a blog post."

I don't use twitter, sir.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

Yeh I liked this game. I really should make an attempt to go back and finish it though once my Xbox is in running order again.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Alexander

I love the Splinter Cell franchise; really enjoyed Double Agent. It wasn't as good as Chaos Theory but there were a good few memorable moments. It's a shame you can to the party so late the online is really good. Don't know if it's lively at all these days.

You could have just made this a topic rather than a blog post....

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By teh_destroyer

I didn't like the whole trust factor in Double Agent,it just kinda ruined it for me.Splinter Cell:Pandora's Box is still my favorite stealth game of all time.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captain_Fookup

The three previous Spilter Cell games were great stealth games, Double Agent on the other hand is a prime example of how Ubisoft can fuck up a franchise.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By teh_destroyer
Captain_Fookup said:
"The three previous Spilter Cell games were great stealth games, Double Agent on the other hand is a prime example of how Ubisoft can fuck up a franchise."
*cough* Far Cry *cough*
Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9  Edited By pissedoffthewitch

whats so great bout twitter?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

Double Agent was fun but nowhere near the excellence of Chaos Theory. I did love that outdoor level though, even if the trust choices always pissed me off.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By thiago

This game is ok, not great. It is ok because it is not bad nor annoying, but the gameplay is kind of strange. In one level you had to steal some data from a vault, but the enemies were like a few meters away from you. It is impossible that they wouldn't hear you.

That kind of dumb stealth is that makes this game not so good. It is still pretty much walking on the shadows and you will be fine.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

It'd good in someparts, but horrible in others.  The 2nd level was incredible (where you have to climb through the office timed) but the ice level, mainly once you get actually on the boat, is awful.

angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By angelfan91
Captain_Fookup said:
"The three previous Spilter Cell games were great stealth games, Double Agent on the other hand is a prime example of how Ubisoft can fuck up a franchise."

That's interesting, this was the first Splinter Cell I played and I really enjoyed it.  I gave it to my brother though and he thought it was just alright.  I enjoyed the RPG-ness of dealing with the different factions.  I thought the stealth mechanic was okay but was made better with all of the gadgets that you're given to stun enemies and shut off lights, etc.   
JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By JazzyJeff
Kombat said:
"This is more a Twitter update than a blog post."
Seriously, what is up with you people? Does it make you feel good to tell other people how to categorize their content? I usually just ignore comments like these, but video game message boards have become filled with people apparently stuck in the beginning stages of puberty who criticize anything they can.

Anyway, I had tons of fun with Double Agent. It got a lot of shit from people for various reasons, but it really is a fun game. Chaos Theory is still the best Splinter Cell, though, in my opinion. :)
FrEeZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By FrEeZe

I hated Double Agent because they took out the light and sound meter. A yellow/red light that determined whether you were in stealth or not just seemed so 2 dimensional.

I did like the trust meter though. They did bring up some good moments when you had to make a choice. And trying to be sneaky within the enemy's base while being a double agent? Oh man that made the game tense.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ahriman22

I love the Splinter Cell franchise. I don't remember Double Agent all that well, but I do know that Chaos Theory is my favorite so far.