Latest PPV and weekly show discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I am continually impressed with the WWE's handling of The Shield, especially Ambrose. They're righting all the wrongs that they committed with Nexus.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#11902  Edited By MildMolasses

@milkman said:

I am continually impressed with the WWE's handling of The Shield, especially Ambrose. They're righting all the wrongs that they committed with Nexus.

It helps that they've kept the group small. I know there have been rumours of a fourth guy coming, and there is a few NXT guys that could work, but I think it works best with just the 3 of them.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#11903  Edited By musubi

@milkman said:

It helps that they've kept the group small. I know there have been rumours of a fourth guy coming, and there is a few NXT guys that could work, but I think it works best with just the 3 of them.

Yeah, once they start going down that route it turns into the fucking NWO and then everyone is a part of the shield and it loses all of its meaning. Keeping it small with 3 guys who act as equals really makes it click. They've built them up into such an intimidating entity.

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11904  Edited By Roomrunner

@drx25 said:
  • Mark Henry defeated Sheamus in a arm wrestling match. After the match, Sheamus challenged Henry to an arm wresting match with the other arm. During the second match, Sheamus punched Henry then hit him with the Brogue Kick.

wow, awesome, the two things I love most.

WWE just replaying a match or segment from the last show, as if the first time never happened.

And Sheamus being an intolerable douchebag.

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#11906  Edited By turboman

Since it's Pizza week, just wanted to point out that my place of employment is now going to start hooking up webcams everywhere so people can stare at us making their pizza even more.

http://dominoslive.com/

B_Heart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11907  Edited By B_Heart

@turboman said:

Since it's Pizza week, just wanted to point out that my place of employment is now going to start hooking up webcams everywhere so people can stare at us making their pizza even more.

Wow. Did you have to sign anything to be broadcast live 24/7? Why would someone watch this for more than 2 minutes.

Also, any one listening to the Steve Austin podcast? The one last week he commentated a match between him and a fly for like 10 minutes, then interviewed himself afterwards. I think he has a lack of stuff to talk about since hes in mexico for a shoot. hahahah

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11908  Edited By Wikitoups

Reminder that nxt is taping the next few shows at 6:30pm est tonight.

John Cena will be the special guest (boo!)

Live stream here!

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@turboman said:

is it me or dominos has gotten weird lately. in japan theirs the hatsune miku app with employees making music, in America there streaming what there doing live and in the UK they have a sitcom :/

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Can someone tell me which kayfabecommentiaries and youshoots look for that have the most juicy reveals and funniest stories?

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's my civic duty to inform all of you that Derrick Bateman got a haircut.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11912  Edited By turboman

@boocreepyfootdoctor: Off the top of my head: Anything with Jim Cornette in it, Sean Waltman, Maria, Guest Booker with Gabe Sapolski booking WWECW,

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11913  Edited By joshthebear

Jesus, I really love the way that WWE have handled The Shield so far. They've been constantly booked to look strong, and run like a well oiled machine of justice. I'm afraid of how they're going to fuck it up, but right I'm sure as hell enjoying the ride.

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I'm Brad Maddox, and I'm going to knock your brains out! Also, you know it's an episode of RAW when Ziggler vs Kofi is on the card. ...And that's all I have to say about RAW.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

All three of them talking helps too. I know Ambrose is the best of the three at it, but the easiest way to make them seem like equals is to have them all be given equal time.

In Nexus that was all out of whack because it was Wade Barrett just saying WE ARE ALL UNITED FOR THE COMMON PURPOSE and Tarver standing there nodding his head.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just keeps getting better.

Loading Video...
Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oh christ that video was awesome! LOL!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It takes a lot for me to laugh at a guy being hit in the balls joke in 2013. That was awesome.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11919  Edited By hockeymask27

MAY 22ND

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#11920  Edited By musubi

This just makes me want Kane and Bryan to break up so Bryan can unveil the Dazzler to the world in singles competition.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So WWE and Syfy are now talking about bringing their current NXT product to TV again (presumably still under the name NXT). Also, NXT will be hitting the road alongside WWE and doing the deal of filming a match or two before a Raw or Smackdown. If your keeping count at home, that's 5 shows and eight hours of WWE programming on TV a week (not counting a PPV week).

--

ROH PPV tomorrow night (that I can't see live):

* ROH champion Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Cole

* Paul London vs. Davey Richards

* Taiji Ishimori vs. Eddie Edwards

* ROH TV champion Matt Taven vs. Mark Briscoe

* BJ Whitmer vs. Rhett Titus in an I Quit Match

* Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal vs. two members of SCUM

* Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs. ACH & Tadarius Thomas

--

Current plans for Bound For Glory is Bully Ray vs. Hulk Hogan. So expect 20+ minutes of Bully Ray selling Hogan's punches like death, but somehow managing to cheat his way to victory.

--

New Japan's lineup for the Super Juniors Tournament looks awesome: Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi, Kushida, Alex Shelley, Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov, Bushi, Jado, Brian Kendrick, Taichi, Taka Michinoku, Hiromu Takahashi, Prince Devitt, Kenny Omega, Titan, Trent Beretta and Ricochet.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11922  Edited By papercut

I will be hanging up my Pizzamania show this Sunday for my thesis show. The install time will be from 6pm PST to 3am because some architecture dick-heads will be taking up our space all day. But don't worry, I'll be posting it here earlier on that day. So maybe in like 24 hours?

(Y2J countdown clock goes here)

Anywho, the actual reception is Thursday at 6pm. I'm fairly positive none of you are even close to the bay area to come, but it would just wrong of me if I didn't at least invite the people that helped spawn this Krazy™ idea in the first place to it's opening. If anyone wants to come see the show and my fucking awesome luchador tie/pizza tie clip combo I will be rockin', let me know and I'll give directions.

I'll be giving out Pizzamania pizza slice magnets. Collect 8 and...get a free pie I guess.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11923  Edited By bennym6

@turboman said:

So WWE and Syfy are now talking about bringing their current NXT product to TV again (presumably still under the name NXT). Also, NXT will be hitting the road alongside WWE and doing the deal of filming a match or two before a Raw or Smackdown. If your keeping count at home, that's 5 shows and eight hours of WWE programming on TV a week (not counting a PPV week).

--

ROH PPV tomorrow night (that I can't see live):

* ROH champion Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Cole

* Paul London vs. Davey Richards

* Taiji Ishimori vs. Eddie Edwards

* ROH TV champion Matt Taven vs. Mark Briscoe

* BJ Whitmer vs. Rhett Titus in an I Quit Match

* Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal vs. two members of SCUM

* Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs. ACH & Tadarius Thomas

--

Current plans for Bound For Glory is Bully Ray vs. Hulk Hogan. So expect 20+ minutes of Bully Ray selling Hogan's punches like death, but somehow managing to cheat his way to victory.

--

New Japan's lineup for the Super Juniors Tournament looks awesome: Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi, Kushida, Alex Shelley, Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov, Bushi, Jado, Brian Kendrick, Taichi, Taka Michinoku, Hiromu Takahashi, Prince Devitt, Kenny Omega, Titan, Trent Beretta and Ricochet.

Boo! I liked the taped NXT atmosphere. The crowds seemed fairly knowledgeable about the product.

I bought the ROH iPPV a few hours ago. I'm fairly pumped. ROH have had 4 great iPPV's in a row so I'm fairly confident this will deliver (as long as the feed is alright).

I'm done with TNA.

Excited that Kenny Omega is in the Juniors tournament but where the fuck is Kota Ibushi?

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I thought the reason raw went to 3 hours and main event exists was because now that attitude era guys finally retired and TNA has absorbed most of the wcw stars that came to wwf in 2001-02, and the brand separation/draft no longer need to exist, Smackdown was gonna be phased out. Even wwe's most loyal fans barely watched it over the past ten years, but at least then it had exclusive talent. Wwe now struggles to fill an episode of raw, while still saving a few interesting things for M.E.

Too many matches leads to things like Cesaro or Kofi either looking like their trampled, or that when they finally get a victory or a title, it means nothing. So many TV hours to fill has sucked the life out of the "every other upper carder than Cena"/WorldHeaviweightChamp division. Cena must be saved for PPVs, same with punk, and even so, they get RAW matches often enough. But those Shamuses, Ortons, Rybacks, Zigglers, Big Shows, Shields, Del Rios, Swaggers, they fight one another so many times in every configuration each week that its saturated them into a pool of mediocrity. The only way they can do something of note is to somehow get a match with Cena... or worse, get sent down to the midcard.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I stumbled upon this last week and I just love that it exists. RIP both themes.

Loading Video...

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the reason raw went to 3 hours and main event exists was because now that attitude era guys finally retired and TNA has absorbed most of the wcw stars that came to wwf in 2001-02, and the brand separation/draft no longer need to exist, Smackdown was gonna be phased out. Even wwe's most loyal fans barely watched it over the past ten years, but at least then it had exclusive talent. Wwe now struggles to fill an episode of raw, while still saving a few interesting things for M.E.

Too many matches leads to things like Cesaro or Kofi either looking like their trampled, or that when they finally get a victory or a title, it means nothing. So many TV hours to fill has sucked the life out of the "every other upper carder than Cena"/WorldHeaviweightChamp division. Cena must be saved for PPVs, same with punk, and even so, they get RAW matches often enough. But those Shamuses, Ortons, Rybacks, Zigglers, Big Shows, Shields, Del Rios, Swaggers, they fight one another so many times in every configuration each week that its saturated them into a pool of mediocrity. The only way they can do something of note is to somehow get a match with Cena... or worse, get sent down to the midcard.

Raw to three hours was because USA wanted to make more advertising money.

Main Event, and Saturday Morning Slam are great. I have no idea what they even do on Superstars.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Canada NXT been on air for awhile its awesome.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11928  Edited By laserbolts

@hockeymask27:

If only the score did hockey games I would never tune into sportsnet, cbc or tsn.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got home from work early and ordered the ROH PPV for tonight. A section of the crowd was trying to do the Fandango hum, and was immediately followed by the rest of the crowd chanting "SHUT THE FUCK UP"

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11931  Edited By turboman

I think Davey Richards just killed Paul London

Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11932  Edited By Dynablade

@turboman That sounds too epic for words. Looks like I'll be watching that show pretty soon.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11935  Edited By turboman

Quick synopsis from Border Wars:

• Opening match between ACH/Thomas vs. C&C was super fun. ACH is going to be a star.
  • Rhett Titus vs. BJ Whitmer was a whiff.
  • Crowd was super hot for Elgin during the tag match. Cliff Compton is kind of a botch machine. Kevin Steen face turn in a moment that exemplifies Wrestling Logic.
  • Matt Taven vs. Mark Briscoe never really took off for me. There was one comment Nigel made about one of the Hoopla girls where he said "It looks like she works out at the same place Elgin does" that made me laugh for a minute.
  • Taiji Ishimori vs. Eddie Edwards started out fine, but then got out of control and became "one of those matches" which either Eddie Edwards or Davey Richards are known for.
  • Davey Richards vs. Paul London might have been the best match on the show. Richards is able to play a good heel when the moment is right. During the match, Richards lands a double stomp on London and the sweat made Richards feet slip up to London's face. The match basically stopped right there for the most part. I think it was obvious that the ending was cut down a bit after that.
  • Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Cole was a good main event that wasn't the stereotypical "ROH Match" where there's no psychology. There were a few great story moments that happened, involving Cole showing that he's very close to turning heel, and Nigel McGuinness giving Steve Corino the Tower Of London made me mark the fuck out

Overall, it was a good PPV from ROH, but I don't think there was anything in here that knocked it out of the park.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11936  Edited By Wikitoups

@rabid619 said:

So I stumbled upon this last week and I just love that it exists. RIP both themes.

Loading Video...

I can imagine Big E looking serious and then breaking down to do the "millions of dollars dance"!

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11937  Edited By Wikitoups

whelp since i posted twice heres new botchamainia!!!

Loading Video...

Relive the greatest crowd this year in botchamania 230!

Loading Video...

And watch the wrestlecon edition of botchamania 230!!

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bunch of NXT guys and girls showed up on the Raw house show circuit this weekend.

• Adrian Neville beat Heath Slater
  • Bray Wyatt beat Alex Riley
  • Kaitlyn and Emma beat Tamina and Paige on Friday and Kaitlyn and Paige won on Saturday.

Hopefully, this means that we'll be getting some call ups soon.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O hai guise,

Is Ziggler still champ? I might watch again if so.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

Chael Sonnen wants to buy the WWE...

in other news, Chael Sonnen is richer than I thought.

If this is serious... WWE is valued at $500 million, so he would have to put up significantly more than that to even generate interest in the deal. How did he make that much money? Investments or something? I feel that if UFC paid their fighters THAT well then Brock would be nowhere near a WWE ring right now.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunslingerpanda: Zigglypuff is still champ. Going to have a three-way ladder match at Extreme Rules that is bound to steal the show.

@cmblasko: maybe he was trying to say "I wish I could own the WWE cause I would run it so much better"... I doubt he'd be a UFC fighter if he was a billionaire.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My interest in RAW these days is at it's lowest as far as storyline wise but I feel like RAW has been getting better matches every week. Hopefully this keeps up.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My interest in RAW these days is at it's lowest as far as storyline wise but I feel like RAW has been getting better matches every week. Hopefully this keeps up.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11945  Edited By williamhenry

@bennym6 said:

Good matches can only generate so much interest though. No matter how good it is, if there is no reason for you to be invested in it, its nothing more than a time killer.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was feeling pretty burned out with the WWE so I started watching Chikara's WrestleMania weekend show last night and I'm feeling much better about this whole wrestling thing.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11949  Edited By turboman

@milkman: I might hold a Wednesday Night Wrestling again this week just to get everybody's hopes back up (after my exam). Might try to theme it as the best matches so fart of 2013 (outside of WWE)

In my quick grab-bag I've got:

• Archibald Peck vs. Mr. Touchdown
  • Sakuraba vs. Nakamura
  • Kassius Ohno vs. William Regal
  • PWG grab-bag
  • some ROH match (I remember liking reDRagon vs. AW from SCOH)
  • Okada vs. Tanahashi (current MOTY)
  • some awful TNA match maybe... or Jake Manning vs. Freight Train.
jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11950  Edited By jewunit

@turboman: I finally sat down and watched Okada vs. Tanahashi today. I don't know if it's Match of the Year for me, but it is an excellent match. Would you want to throw in that last Steen/Generico match or is that overkill given the number of big matches already on the list?

@bennym6 said:

Good matches can only generate so much interest though. No matter how good it is, if there is no reason for you to be invested in it, its nothing more than a time killer.

More often than not, I change the channel when I see a bad story segment coming on RAW. I will generally not change the channel if I know a "bad" match is coming.

I think good matches are definitely a draw. Good wrestlers can exhibit a personality and a reason to interested without a person knowing their storyline. I went to a Chikara show knowing next to nothing about the characters, but they entertained me and provided a product that told a solid story. WWE is certainly capable of doing that kind of storytelling because I see it on Saturday Morning Slam. They have the power to incorporate their characters in a worthwhile way that doesn't pander to the lowest common denominator.