Latest PPV and weekly show discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Wyatt Family has me legit hyped for the next month or so.

Team Hell No break up seems to be happening in slow motion, but with matches (v The Shield this good, they can take all the time they want. I wonder if Bryan's beard is at risk with the beard cult soon to be making a presence.

Seriously worrying about the status of Dolph Ziggler now.

Why did Kaitlyn spear her team-mate, leave the ring, and not break up the pin? Must want Nat to stop bugging her backstage about Mystery Date.

Y2J insults a guy, is reminded of who gave him his big break, continues to insult him, and throws a toddler hissy fit to get what he wants. There may be a point to the "too many heels in WWE right now" theory.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12302  Edited By Rabid619

I don't watch Smackdown anymore (wrestling fatigue), but apparently this happened last week. It was following by Bryan making Swagger tap.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/05/tumblr_mnd5y8gNG81qik913o1_400.gif

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

If they break up Team Rocket I will go on a huff and be sad.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12305  Edited By bennym6

I need to watch SmackDown now.

Loading Video...

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/animated-flintsones-pic-adds-pro-wrestlers-to-its-bedrock/

Here, fixtures of the ’60s Hanna-Barbera cartoon including Fred and Barney will be joined by WWE staples including Vince McMagma (voiced by Vince McMahon) and such WWE superstars and divas including John Cenastone (John Cena) and CM Punkrock (CM Punk). They will take part in a prehistoric WWE main event.

Vince McMagma John Cenastone CM Punkrock

Great work guys.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#12307  Edited By MjHealy

I just got a reply from Ziggler on Twitter. Today is a good day.

Also, clearly he has nothing better to be doing when he is not on the road.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12308  Edited By musubi
InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry guys, WWE has this Cesaro thing figured out

Loading Video...

He is German now. Because those evil Germans!

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@gorillamopena: I got all angry, then I remembered an angle with Al Snow...

Also in 2000, Snow won the European Championship from Perry Saturn. He then began a tongue-in-cheek gimmick of entering the ring to various European countries' native music, with his theme song sung in the language of the country, and wearing attire which would suit the stereotype of that country.

CESARO FOR EUROPEAN CHAMPION 2013!

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorillamopena: I got all angry, then I remembered an angle with Al Snow...

Also in 2000, Snow won the European Championship from Perry Saturn. He then began a tongue-in-cheek gimmick of entering the ring to various European countries' native music, with his theme song sung in the language of the country, and wearing attire which would suit the stereotype of that country.

CESARO FOR EUROPEAN CHAMPION 2013!

Yeah hopefully it is that. Even if it the stupidest answer of CESARO IS FROM GERMANY BECAUSE EVIL GERMANS, that would be just kind of funny.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12312  Edited By FateOfNever

Wow, it sounds like I really need to get back into watching wrestling. My crazy work hours have more or less kept me from watching anything live, and for awhile when jack all was happening, I didn't mind as much, but, it sounds like things are actually moving again.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/animated-flintsones-pic-adds-pro-wrestlers-to-its-bedrock/

Here, fixtures of the ’60s Hanna-Barbera cartoon including Fred and Barney will be joined by WWE staples including Vince McMagma (voiced by Vince McMahon) and such WWE superstars and divas including John Cenastone (John Cena) and CM Punkrock (CM Punk). They will take part in a prehistoric WWE main event.

Vince McMagma John Cenastone CM Punkrock

Great work guys.

didn't we just go through this last year with scooby doo

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12315  Edited By Milkman

Wow, it sounds like I really need to get back into watching wrestling. My crazy work hours have more or less kept me from watching anything live, and for awhile when jack all was happening, I didn't mind as much, but, it sounds like things are actually moving again.

Well, sort of. The Shield continue to fucking kill it every single week. They are, by far, the best part of the show week in and week out and often make the show worth watching on their own. Bray Wyatt has everyone really excited right now so hopefully they get him on TV sooner rather than later. And Daniel Bryan is really in a groove right now and is having his best matches since signing with the WWE.

But other than that, there's not a whole lot of exciting stuff going on. Punk's absence has been felt big time, the current main event feud of Ryback and Cena is about as uninteresting as it sounds, they seem to planting the seeds to break up the best team on the roster not named The Shield in Ziggler, Big E and AJ, Cesaro isn't even on TV anymore, Barrett, despite being IC champ, is embarrassed just about every week. I don't want to discourage you from watching again but don't expect everything to be awesome.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

In an interview, Foley said something that perfectly describes Dean Ambrose for me:

William Regal was the guy that was so high on him. He said 'he is everyone's perfect opponent for the next ten years.'

also, Wrestling is still safe from being eliminated from the Olympics along with Baseball and Squash.

also, TNA is holding a PPV this weekend (who knew!?). Here's the card:

* AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle - seen it 1000 times I feel... still, could be good.

* Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell - no clue who Taryn is

* Samoa Joe, Magnus and Jeff Hardy vs. Garett Bischoff, Wes Brisco and DOC - Samoa Joe still at this level?

* GutCheck BFG Series Qualifier: Jay Bradley vs. Sam Shawn - no clue who either of these guys are

* TV Title Match: Devon {C} vs. Joseph Park - could be fun

* Tag Team Title Match: Chavo and Hernandez {C} vs. Bad Influence vs. Roode & Aries vs. James Storm and Gunner - Gunner is a face now? Could be good.

* Ultimate X Match For The X-Division Title: Kenny King {C} vs. Chris Sabin vs. Suicide - Ultimate X's are always fun, but Kenny King isn't that good at all. Suicide V3.0 is being played by TJ Perkins (who's really good)

* TNA World Title No Holds Barred Match: Bully Ray {C} vs. Sting (if Sting loses, he cannot wrestle for the TNA Title again) - Couldn't care less.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12317  Edited By Milkman
@turboman said:

* Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell - no clue who Taryn is

Loading Video...

Also, Kenny King is totally good.

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: Taryn was the TNA knockouts robo referee, she was fired from referee and became a real bad wrestler.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dixie Carter is claiming that TNA has signed a big free agent that will be on Impact tonight.

...So CM Punk?

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@turboman said:

Dixie Carter is claiming that TNA has signed a big free agent that will be on Impact tonight.

...So CM Punk?

Bo. Dallas.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@turboman said:

...So CM Punk?

I doubt Punk would EVER go to TNA. I think he would be much more apt to head to Japan than anything.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

...So CM Punk?

I could easily see it being Bateman.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12323  Edited By turboman

Also, there's some rumblings on /wooo/ that Chikara might be in trouble and could be ending soon (note: their iPPV is this weekend also)

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12324  Edited By Milkman

@turboman said:

Also, there's some rumblings on /wooo/ that Chikara might be in trouble and could be ending soon (note: their iPPV is this weekend also)

What information is that based on?

EDIT: Oh...well doing my own investigating, I see that there's no tickets on sale for any events following the iPPV...I don't like this.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12325  Edited By Carryboy

I fucking love Cesaro, I just had to get that of my chest.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of rumors, there is apparently "huge heat" on Mark Henry for choosing to take time off after his strap match with Sheamus. Apparently, Henry wasn't as healthy as he thought he was when he first returned and needs some extra time off to nurse injuries. If that's true and they really are giving Henry shit for taking time off, who is 41 years old, has been with the company for 17 years and is among one of the most loyal employees that they have ever had, the WWE can go fuck itself.

Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12327  Edited By Dynablade

@turboman: Big free agent huh? Watch it be somebody like Christian or Zack Ryder.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#12328  Edited By lumley

Watching this week's NXT, Emma and her weird dance is probably my new guilty pleasure

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Halfway through watching that Bray Wyatt vignette again made me sad for the inevitable Cena promo where he goofs them into obscurity and gives them some dumb nickname like "Hawaiiyat and the Cousin-Brothers" that sticks with them for years.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12330  Edited By williamhenry

@turboman: Big free agent huh? Watch it be somebody like Christian or Zack Ryder.

You guys have no understanding of what a free agent is do you? Christian and Ryder are both under contract to WWE. Even if they were released today, they couldn't sign with TNA for at least 90 days. So this free agent isn't someone who has recently been under contract to WWE. The biggest name out there is Batista but with his recent film success and relative financial success, and with the part time contracts WWE offers now, he would have no reason to sign with TNA. It'll probably end up being someone like an MVP or John Morrison. I'm leaning towards Morrison since Carter said the signee was going to "rock" Impact this summer.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12331  Edited By jewunit

@milkman said:

@turboman said:

EDIT: Oh...well doing my own investigating, I see that there's no tickets on sale for any events following the iPPV...I don't like this.

I was looking to pick up a ticket for the PPV and saw that no other event tickets were on sale. The next PPV still has event information available though. It would be a real shame if Chikara disbanded. They have a decent talent pool and a unique personality. I have come to it fairly late, but I have enjoyed what I have seen. I may not be able to go on Sunday, but I kind of want to pay for the ticket to show them support.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12332  Edited By Milkman

I turned on Impact to find out about this "big free agent" whatever and so far, some stray observations...

• The years have not been kind to Chris Sabin.
  • This arena sounds like a fucking morgue. I'm not sure I've seen a more dead crowd before.
  • Mr. Anderson vs. AJ Styles is happening. I have no idea who the heel is here. Both of them?
  • For the love of christ, end this match.
  • Sting looks like my grandmother.

I'll update this post as I see fit.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12333  Edited By Rabid619

@milkman: Good to know I'm not the only one who stupidly tuned in to see what happens. You're right, the crowd is basically sleeping on their feet for this.

So no free agent...

We've made a huge mistake.

YOU GUYS TATTOO NIGHTMARES IS ON!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12334  Edited By Milkman

Um......where the fuck was the big free agent?

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12335  Edited By Rabid619

@milkman: I checked Dixie's tweet and she didn't really say the free agent was going to be on tonight, just that they were going to be making an impact soon.

Shit.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12336  Edited By Milkman

@rabid619 said:

@milkman: I checked Dixie's tweet and she didn't really say the free agent was going to be on tonight, just that they were going to be making an impact soon.

Shit.

Apparently, tonight's episode wasn't even live. It was taped last week.

I...just....fuck.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

@rabid619 said:

Shit.

Apparently, tonight's episode wasn't even live. It was taped last week.

I...just....fuck.

Wow. I feel like the worlds biggest fool.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could basically walk to this TNA PPV.

I don't think I will. The free agent signing is basically John Morrison, MVP or I don't know, like Shelton Benjamin?

UNLESS IT IS RVD. It is RVD isn't it?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12339  Edited By turboman

I could basically walk to this TNA PPV.

I don't think I will. The free agent signing is basically John Morrison, MVP or I don't know, like Shelton Benjamin?

UNLESS IT IS RVD. It is RVD isn't it?

I don't think TNA would stoop to that level of stupidity.

At least I don't think they would...

I'd go to the PPV just to be a part of it.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12340  Edited By papercut

@milkman said:

@turboman said:

What?! No!

NO

NONONONONO!

Every Daniel Bryan No gif ever!

Sigh...I just can't see how they could be in such trouble. They always seemed to be just the right size with just big enough of a following that sustaining themselves wasn't a problem. Maybe all this Wrestling Is... stuff Quack was running somehow was their big gambit and it failed? I don't even know what that stuff was outside of NPWD. This year they were touring all over, and they had that on demand thing with Smartmark...fuck I hope it isn't true.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12341  Edited By joshthebear

Oh god, I really hope the big free agent TNA is hyping is RVD. It would be the most TNA thing possible.

Also, the news of Chikara being in trouble is no bueno. I hope it's not true and that everything is all gravy; as a world without them is a dark dark place.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other the names of rvd and John Morrison would colt cabana count as a big free agent? He is a big name with the iwc and has everything one of the big 2 would need to make a main event superstar.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@milkman said:

Speaking of rumors, there is apparently "huge heat" on Mark Henry for choosing to take time off after his strap match with Sheamus. Apparently, Henry wasn't as healthy as he thought he was when he first returned and needs some extra time off to nurse injuries. If that's true and they really are giving Henry shit for taking time off, who is 41 years old, has been with the company for 17 years and is among one of the most loyal employees that they have ever had, the WWE can go fuck itself.

For the amount of money WWE has paid him, and any potential plans they may have had for the summer, I can understand them being angry if he told them that he was healthier than he actually was and now this screws up their booking. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I can't understand why they'd be angry

@lumley said:

Watching this week's NXT, Emma and her weird dance is probably my new guilty pleasure

Watching that match made me sad. Having seen some Paige/Summer Rae matches, I expected better of the NXT women. This seemed sloppy. Thus, Emma will be called up shortly

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

Brandon Stroud over at With Leather posted another "The Best and Worst of NXT". Give 'er a read.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12345  Edited By turboman

Thus, Emma will be called up shortly

I can guarantee you that Emma's stupid dance would get over so quickly.

Other the names of rvd and John Morrison would colt cabana count as a big free agent? He is a big name with the iwc and has everything one of the big 2 would need to make a main event superstar.

Maybe, it would be a good unexpected pick up for TNA.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

@mildmolasses said:

Thus, Emma will be called up shortly

I can guarantee you that Emma's stupid dance would get over so quickly.

@lord_canti said:

Maybe, it would be a good unexpected pick up for TNA.

Great now I'm imagining Colt Cabana joining Aces and Eights.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12347  Edited By Milkman
No Caption Provided

I'm kind of freaking out about this whole Chikara thing. Is this the last event center video ever? Please don't do this to me.

Loading Video...

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Quack confirmed that the rumors are baloney so don't worry. Here's the link to him saying this: http://www.f4wonline.com/component/content/article/105-dr-keith/31556-dr-keith-presents-an-exclusive-interview-with-mike-quackenbush

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Additionally, it is noted at the end of the "Aniversario: Never Compromise" event information site that there will be a "HUGE Annoucement!" on the webcast following the show. It could just be a bit of showmanship, but now I am very curious.