Latest PPV and weekly show discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#12351  Edited By turboman

Today's Smackdown is pretty good.

• Daniel Bryan is on another level aggressively against Roman Reigns
  • Curtis Axel wins via Perfect Plex
  • Rhodes vs. Jericho
  • The end of Smackdown.... wow... wowie wow wow wow.... Daniel Bryan is clearly about to get his main event run.
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12352  Edited By turboman

also, this Matt Hardy promo is pretty based.

Loading Video...

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Catching up on Chikara for Aniversario. Good god, did Icarus really add on to his back tattoo?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@turboman: I still hold strong on my "Fuck Matt Hardy" stance but that was pretty great.

@papercut said:

Catching up on Chikara for Aniversario. Good god, did Icarus really add on to his back tattoo?

Unfortunately, the most recent shows from the Tag World Grand Prix aren't going to be out before the iPPV and from reading the results, some significant stuff goes down on those shows so that kind of sucks.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12356  Edited By papercut

@milkman: Ok, that makes way more sense. I just finished the wrestlecon show and just looking over the line up for the next two events I didn't see a lot of matches that could be setting up Aniversario, especially the main event.

Is there a reason the Tag World Grand Prix results aren't even in Chikara's past event section on their site? It sucks that it won't be out in time for the iPPV but them not even presenting the results seems kinda strange.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut: last time they had Sapphire die before the last iPPV, but they surfaced the video themselves of that happening. I'm out of the loop currently on Chikara's stories, so is there any big story piece missing before the iPPV?

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@turboman said:

Today's Smackdown is pretty good.

I haven't seen it, but I read spoilers that said Kane beat Rollins. Was this clean? If so, isn't that the first loss a Shield member would of had without it being DQ?

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doesitoffendyou_yeah:

Nope it wasn't clean, Bryan pushed Rollins off the top rope when the ref wasn't looking leading to an immediate choke slam.

And I think Undertaker got a clean victory over Ambrose right before they put him through the barricade and announce table on Smackdown.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12360  Edited By musubi
Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Man Daniel Bryan going wild all over the Shield was worth watching on Smackdown last night. In fact Smackdown as a whole felt better then this past Raw.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doesitoffendyou_yeah: Wasn't clean, Daniel Bryan used a bit of interference to win the match. Also, Dean Ambrose lost clean to the Undertaker after Mania.

This is one of the best sequences I've ever seen. Daniel Bryan is READY, BROTHER.

Loading Video...

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12363  Edited By lord_canti

the guy on the right has the correct level of disgust

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#12364  Edited By MjHealy

*sigh* So many better performers on that roster... like Emma. Why can't Emma be the NXT Champion!?

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Crysis adverted

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12366  Edited By Milkman

@papercut: I have no idea why the results weren't posted on their site but just knowing the results wouldn't really explain what's happening anyway. Here's what happened...

Eddie Kingston faced Archibald Peck for the Grand Championship at the Tag World Grand Prix on May 18, 2013. (This date is important.) At the end of match, Kingston hits Peck with the Backfist to the Future. As the backfist connected, all the lights in the arena went out. When they came back, Peck was a gone from the ring and a second Peck was standing on the balcony. The lights then went out again and the both Pecks were gone.

Now, this isn't the first time this has happened to Peck. If you remember, Peck's very first match with Chikara was against Eddie Kingston as well. In that match, he was hit with the Backfist to the Future, sent to the year 2015 and acquired a copy of the Chikara yearbook. The yearbook said that Peck would win the Young Lions Cup in 2011 but when he didn't, this changed the time space continuum forever. Flash forward to Chikarasaurus Rex in 2012 when during a match between Colt Cabana & Mixed Martial Archie vs. Mr. Touchdown and Dasher Hatfield, Archibald Peck returned from a several months absence. At the time, many had believed that Archie had simply switched costumes but what actually happened was that Mixed Martial Archie was hit with the Backfist to the Future backstage by Kingston, sending him back to the year 1885. The Archibald Peck that then came to the ring was actually from a future date. That date? May 18th. 2013. This Archibald Peck then was pinned by Mr. Touchdown in the Loser Leaves Town match and forced to leave Chikara forever.

But it doesn't stop there. Flash forward to Under the Hood when The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger was unmasked to reveal who at the time we believed to be Archibald Peck. But this was actually Mixed Martial Archie who after being sent back in time to 1885 had adopted a cowboy persona. Because it was a different Archibald Peck that had lost the Loser Leaves Town match, this new Archibald Peck (formerly Mixed Martial Archie) was allowed to compete in Chikara.

It is believed that the second Peck that was seen on the balcony at Tag World Grand Prix was the Archibald Peck that lost the Loser Leaves Town at Chikarasaurus Rex and the implications of both of these Archibald Pecks existing in the same timeline are unknown. Currently, the only event after Aniversario in which tickets are available takes place on July 20 in Easton, Pennsylvania. The figure in the poster for the event looks kind of familiar.

No Caption Provided

There are bunch of other absolutely fucking insane conspiracy theories going around that I won't get into because (A) I'll be writing for hours, (B) I don't fully understand them and (C) I don't want to mislead or set anyone up for disappointment. All I do know is that you should order Never Compromise tomorrow and reward Chikara for being the most ambitious and fun wrestling promotion in the world. Also, reminder that there's a free "countdown show" at 7 PM EST tonight on smvod.com.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12367  Edited By turboman

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be watching Chikara tomorrow. Live chat? Live chat? Live chat?

I guess I'll stick around for TNA's bullshit.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are people trying to sell Slammiversy tickets on Stubhub trying to make a profit, which is hilarious to me.

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riptheveins@turboman Of course, I forgot about the 'taker match. I suppose the instant beatdown clouded it.

While everybody has known that The Dazzler is 'ready', it's almost as if the people in the back are finally realising it..

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12370  Edited By Milkman

I have no idea what this Chikara countdown show is, how long it will be, if there will be any wrestling or if anyone here is even watching it but...here's a chat? It's free.

Loading Video...

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12371  Edited By jewunit

Yoooooooooooo

Loading Video...

P.S.- I won't be going to the Chikara PPV because I have to break down, move around, and build IKEA couches. I am less than thrilled by this prospect.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12372  Edited By MildMolasses

@milkman said:

@papercut: I have no idea why the results weren't posted on their site but just knowing the results wouldn't really explain what's happening anyway. Here's what happened...

Eddie Kingston faced Archibald Peck for the Grand Championship at the Tag World Grand Prix on May 18, 2013. (This date is important.) At the end of match, Kingston hits Peck with the Backfist to the Future. As the backfist connected, all the lights in the arena went out. When they came back, Peck was a gone from the ring and a second Peck was standing on the balcony. The lights then went out again and the both Pecks were gone.

Now, this isn't the first time this has happened to Peck. If you remember, Peck's very first match with Chikara was against Eddie Kingston as well. In that match, he was hit with the Backfist to the Future, sent to the year 2015 and acquired a copy of the Chikara yearbook. The yearbook said that Peck would win the Young Lions Cup in 2011 but when he didn't, this changed the time space continuum forever. Flash forward to Chikarasaurus Rex in 2012 when during a match between Colt Cabana & Mixed Martial Archie vs. Mr. Touchdown and Dasher Hatfield, Archibald Peck returned from a several months absence. At the time, many had believed that Archie had simply switched costumes but what actually happened was that Mixed Martial Archie was hit with the Backfist to the Future backstage by Kingston, sending him back to the year 1885. The Archibald Peck that then came to the ring was actually from a future date. That date? May 18th. 2013. This Archibald Peck then was pinned by Mr. Touchdown in the Loser Leaves Town match and forced to leave Chikara forever.

But it doesn't stop there. Flash forward to Under the Hood when The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger was unmasked to reveal who at the time we believed to be Archibald Peck. But this was actually Mixed Martial Archie who after being sent back in time to 1885 had adopted a cowboy persona. Because it was a different Archibald Peck that had lost the Loser Leaves Town match, this new Archibald Peck (formerly Mixed Martial Archie) was allowed to compete in Chikara.

It is believed that the second Peck that was seen on the balcony at Tag World Grand Prix was the Archibald Peck that lost the Loser Leaves Town at Chikarasaurus Rex and the implications of both of these Archibald Pecks existing in the same timeline are unknown. Currently, the only event after Aniversario in which tickets are available takes place on July 20 in Easton, Pennsylvania. The figure in the poster for the event looks kind of familiar.

No Caption Provided

There are bunch of other absolutely fucking insane conspiracy theories going around that I won't get into because (A) I'll be writing for hours, (B) I don't fully understand them and (C) I don't want to mislead or set anyone up for disappointment. All I do know is that you should order Never Compromise tomorrow and reward Chikara for being the most ambitious and fun wrestling promotion in the world. Also, reminder that there's a free "countdown show" at 7 PM EST tonight on smvod.com.

This is amazing. Other than my love of Mr. Touchdown, I know next to nothing about Chikara. I've seen some youtube comedy stuff, but never anything about the storylines. I must see more!

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Holy shit that Bryan finish.

WWE really woke up all the sudden.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so busy all of a sudden this weekend apartment hunting that I am missing this apparent D Bry greatness on Smackdown! and anything Chikara related.

I am not happy with this fact.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12376  Edited By Aronleon

Short non spoiler review for this TNA PPV, its was good, like actually good in most parts, some finishes were not of my taste but hey this one is a good watch if you have not seen TNA in a while, just a little warning Hogan goes kinda insane for a moment after the X division match but the reason is to stall time to set up the ring again, so yeah go watch it if you can.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12377  Edited By joshthebear

I just read about the end of the Chikara's Never Compromise.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12378  Edited By turboman

Slamma-BOSTON-versary:

• Ultimate X - ***
  • Six Man - **
  • Gutcheck - *
  • Devon/Abyss - **
  • Tag - ***
  • Knockouts - ****
  • Styles/Angle - ***
  • Sting/Ray - ***

Overall: Much better than I expected it to be. There's still a lot of flub all around and not much feels PPV-worthy, but there's some good stuff happening in the main event scene. Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell Last Knockout Standing match sounded like a train wreck on paper, but both of the girls worked their asses off and put on a show. Hulk Hogan's uncensored rant at the beginning of the show is surely going to be Youtube worthy for years to come. Sting/Ray was a brawl, but a fun one at that (before the ending became overbooked). Bully looking at the knife in an evil manner and then cutting the ring mat was very funny for me.

Chikara No Compromises

• Touchdown/Saturyne - **
  • Spectral Envoy vs. Colony XTREME - *
  • Dasher vs. Delirious - ***
  • The Colony vs. Devastation Corporation - ****
  • Ophidian vs. Amasis - ****
  • Gavin vs. Tim Donst - *
  • 3.0 vs. Pieces of Hate - ***
  • Icarus vs. Eddie Kingston - ***

Overall: The Colony vs. Devastation Corporation might be Chikara's best match of the year for me. There's also a lot of storyline things sprinkled throughout that made the PPV a lot of fun to watch, even the the lighting was kind of junk.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12379  Edited By turboman

@joshthebear: Chikara had a WCW-ass ending... and I loved it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Loading Video...

Crysis adverted

That's the 2nd version, although I did watch the Dailymotion video, the first attempt really does sound a lot better, i'm glad they changed it back. Makes me want to watch some Mr.Perfect matches, I never got to see a lot of the WWF 89-94 period, the wacky-gimmick days of yore.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I LOVED the ending to the Chikara iPPV. Hopefully this is not the end.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12382  Edited By MildMolasses

@bennym6 said:

I LOVED the ending to the Chikara iPPV. Hopefully this is not the end.

What happened? I've been looking for a write-up but I can't seem to find anything that isn't just the bare bones match results

Edit: I found one, and now I'm confused. I was hoping it was involving more time travel as described above

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So after rewatching the Season 11 Epilogue, I guess it is reasonable to assume that Archibald Peck went to Parts Unknown and became evil and along with Wink and Barrister RD Evans has found a way to legally shut down Chikara?

Loading Video...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12385  Edited By lord_canti

ok so i just signed up to love film (the uk equivalent of of netflix's disk survive) and i cant see any wwe dvd's however there is a whole bunch of tna dvd's. pretty much all of them up to 2008, does anyone have any suggestions for ppv's or dvd's that will have the best tna has to offer in both dumbness and good wrestling?

edit: 2010 year of hulk hogens creepy looming face

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

@lord_canti: TNA always has the WORST PPV posters/DVDs -- really shows their level of budget next to the WWE.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Why didn't anyone tell me that J.R. did commentary for this NXT thing? Time to start watching it I think.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12388  Edited By musubi

I wish CM Punk were back. Wrestling is boring without him.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12389  Edited By Milkman

MONDAY NIGHT CHAT

TONIGHT...there will be no time travel and Triple H is back. God is dead.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12390  Edited By rachelepithet

Are they intentionally putting Curtis with HHH because Curtis was called boring and when put next to The Bored of Borers he'll seem tolerable?

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It took fifteen minutes of airtime for one woman to tell the crowd that the wrestler they hate the most and find the most boring will not be on the show tonight. And it wasn't 14 1/2 minutes of a standing ovation "thank you!"

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12392  Edited By Milkman

Ouch.

No Caption Provided

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised they let Bryan do two matches tonight that went that long but they were pretty great. I'd rather have seen the match with Ryback played all the way out but I guess it has to fold into the "more important" Cena story line. Hopefully this losing his mind thread is going somewhere. The last thing the WWE needs is more heels or more bad good guys (like Orton, Big Show, or Punk).

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjhealy said:

@lord_canti: TNA always has the WORST PPV posters/DVDs -- really shows their level of budget next to the WWE.

TNA has the worst graphic design altogether. Their stuff has looked amateurish from day one. It amazes me that a company of that size and backing can't hire better designers. I have always gotten the vibe that when the discussion about hiring designers or an agency came up, some high up person said "my kid/cousin/friend/etc knows Photoshop, they'll do everything for cheap." and no one said no. As a graphic designer, I find their stuff offensive. Whoever works in their art department should do everything they possibly can to hold onto that job.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With a team that included Kane and Randy Orton how fucking rad was it to see Daniel Bryan get that super hot tag?

Daniel Bryan is on another level and I'm glad they're capitalizing on it.

And seeing Audrey Marie in that Wyatt family video bummed me out. She was my favourite FCW/NXT girl.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12396  Edited By MildMolasses

Surprised they let Bryan do two matches tonight that went that long but they were pretty great. I'd rather have seen the match with Ryback played all the way out but I guess it has to fold into the "more important" Cena story line. Hopefully this losing his mind thread is going somewhere. The last thing the WWE needs is more heels or more bad good guys (like Orton, Big Show, or Punk).

I think the Bryan/Ryback match should have been the main event, and the show ending with Cena and Ryback staring each other down. I don't think having Axel come out to interrupt the stare down, nor the match that followed, really did anything to make that segment more interesting

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12397  Edited By cmblasko

I'm just not digging Curtis Axel Foley yet. Seems kind of awkward in the ring, though I can't fault the guy for having transitional pains; going straight from NXT to the main event of Raw has to be jarring, and he has performed admirably thus far.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Bryan is going to win MitB and then kick the everliving shit out of John Cena, right?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mildmolasses: I think I'd much rather see Daniel Bryan just naturally deserve a title shot at this point.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TNA's free agent has been revealed to be Rampage Jackson