Life span of Cards Against Humanity

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Christoffer

I'm going to assume there's a lot of Giant Bomb readers who bought a set of Cards Against Humanity, given all the favourable coverage it got here just a couple of months ago. Dare I say the product was "hyped"?

Somehow CAH crawled into my mind recently. Even if the hype train left a long time ago I think I still want to try it out.

So, after you had played it for some time, how do you rate CAH? Do you still think it's fun or did it burn out quickly? Is it even worth spending money on (assuming one have a bunch of charmingly garrulous friends)?

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I think it is fun but it loses it's magic after the first few times you play since you see a lot of the great cards. Along with that, occasionally you just get a real shitty hand where you just have a bad time finding something good to play. That being said, I always bring them to parties (and I wouldn't recommend the first expansion cause there is only one good card which is "big black dicks").

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By SMTDante89

I think the key is not playing with the same people over and over again. It still gets plenty of laughs and is great fun when you play with people that haven't played CAH before.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

@SMTDante89 said:

I think the key is not playing with the same people over and over again. It still gets plenty of laughs and is great fun when you play with people that haven't played CAH before.

Agreed. CAH isn't so much played as it is inflicted on people.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'd say it's pretty fun, if you can get some people to play with. That reminds me, I should probably go back to Mumble and try out the online version.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Christoffer

@Video_Game_King said:

I'd say it's pretty fun, if you can get some people to play with. That reminds me, I should probably go back to Mumble and try out the online version.

There's an online version? I need to look this up.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Canteu
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

It's fun when you play with new groups of people, but it starts to lose its novelty when you play it a bunch with the same group.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Two games!

UncleClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UncleClassy

It's still a really good drunken party game.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By morrelloman

I bought it 3 months ago and still haven't been in the right situation to play with anyone. But ppl who see the box in the shrink wrap are like. Let's get this popping. So hopefully I will actually play the thing soon.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adoggz

oh, i forgot cards against humanity even existed.

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrJorOwe

Got it shipped to the UK as an impulse buy. Really great when you play it with new people, not so good when you play it over and over with people who know all the cards. I wouldn't recommend paying £50 for it like I did but if you can get it at regular price then go for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If having a bad hand is a serious detriment to the fun of the game - you can always add house rules to make it better such as: Each player has the ability to dispose of their entire hand and get a new hand but only once throughout the entire game.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By chilibean_3

There aren't a lot of cards even with the expansion pack so I felt like we had to make sure we wouldn't get burned out on it. It can get old quickly. But it's fun to introduce it to a new group of people form time to time. Still worth getting for it's price.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Christoffer

Counting my groups of friends, I have two who would maybe think CAH is fun. So if I gave it a try, I really need to stretch it out, I guess.

So I still don't know if I should buy it... which would probably end up in me buying it, nonetheless.

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Tomzombie

i just played the game with a group of friends to see who could get the funnyiest anwser. i just went to staple and made it my self.

i try to play it when i get the chance to with friedns.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Azteck

It costs like £100 on Amazon. No chance in hell I'm buying that