#1 Posted by Christoffer (1799 posts) -

I'm going to assume there's a lot of Giant Bomb readers who bought a set of Cards Against Humanity, given all the favourable coverage it got here just a couple of months ago. Dare I say the product was "hyped"?

Somehow CAH crawled into my mind recently. Even if the hype train left a long time ago I think I still want to try it out.

So, after you had played it for some time, how do you rate CAH? Do you still think it's fun or did it burn out quickly? Is it even worth spending money on (assuming one have a bunch of charmingly garrulous friends)?

#2 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1242 posts) -

I think it is fun but it loses it's magic after the first few times you play since you see a lot of the great cards. Along with that, occasionally you just get a real shitty hand where you just have a bad time finding something good to play. That being said, I always bring them to parties (and I wouldn't recommend the first expansion cause there is only one good card which is "big black dicks").

#3 Posted by SMTDante89 (2567 posts) -

I think the key is not playing with the same people over and over again. It still gets plenty of laughs and is great fun when you play with people that haven't played CAH before.

#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@SMTDante89 said:

I think the key is not playing with the same people over and over again. It still gets plenty of laughs and is great fun when you play with people that haven't played CAH before.

Agreed. CAH isn't so much played as it is inflicted on people.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'd say it's pretty fun, if you can get some people to play with. That reminds me, I should probably go back to Mumble and try out the online version.

#6 Posted by Christoffer (1799 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I'd say it's pretty fun, if you can get some people to play with. That reminds me, I should probably go back to Mumble and try out the online version.

There's an online version? I need to look this up.

#7 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -
#8 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

It's fun when you play with new groups of people, but it starts to lose its novelty when you play it a bunch with the same group.

#9 Posted by Brodehouse (9886 posts) -

Two games!

#10 Posted by UncleClassy (405 posts) -

It's still a really good drunken party game.

#11 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

I bought it 3 months ago and still haven't been in the right situation to play with anyone. But ppl who see the box in the shrink wrap are like. Let's get this popping. So hopefully I will actually play the thing soon.

#12 Posted by adoggz (2065 posts) -

oh, i forgot cards against humanity even existed.

#13 Posted by MrJorOwe (282 posts) -

Got it shipped to the UK as an impulse buy. Really great when you play it with new people, not so good when you play it over and over with people who know all the cards. I wouldn't recommend paying £50 for it like I did but if you can get it at regular price then go for it.

#14 Posted by Athadam (687 posts) -

If having a bad hand is a serious detriment to the fun of the game - you can always add house rules to make it better such as: Each player has the ability to dispose of their entire hand and get a new hand but only once throughout the entire game.

#15 Posted by chilibean_3 (1635 posts) -

There aren't a lot of cards even with the expansion pack so I felt like we had to make sure we wouldn't get burned out on it. It can get old quickly. But it's fun to introduce it to a new group of people form time to time. Still worth getting for it's price.

#16 Posted by Christoffer (1799 posts) -

Counting my groups of friends, I have two who would maybe think CAH is fun. So if I gave it a try, I really need to stretch it out, I guess.

So I still don't know if I should buy it... which would probably end up in me buying it, nonetheless.

#17 Posted by Tomzombie (396 posts) -

i just played the game with a group of friends to see who could get the funnyiest anwser. i just went to staple and made it my self.

i try to play it when i get the chance to with friedns.

#18 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

It costs like £100 on Amazon. No chance in hell I'm buying that