Limited edition choices?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c85872ac80d3
deactivated-5c85872ac80d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Despite working my socks off, money is NOT in overwhealming supply at the Boss household. Choosing which game to get in Limited/collectors edition is a decision that takes much thought. Especially at launch.

And with this year being such a busy year in gaming, its a been a tough call so far.

Mass Effect 2 was a no brainer. And Fantasy 13 was an impulse buy fueld by the awesomeness of a good day. Im actually thinking of possibly selling FF13, its just not getting the play time. Next up? Possibly Splinter Cell: Conviction. But most likely not at launch, the money just isnt there. I am however really looking forward to the game.

Straight up buying Limited/ Collectors edition at launch is a stupid idea when poor. But sometimes the inner gamer just takes over. Im pretty sure Im gonna ride out the rest of the year via rentals and pre-owned Limited/Collectors Edition, which without a doubt is the best way to go about the over priced world of gaming.

Games on the Edition list-

Alan Wake, SC: Conviction, Dead Rising 2 and prob more that Im forgetting.

How bout you guys? any Editions so far or coming up?

p.s. heres a picture of my easter egg which is just laying on top of a shelf waiting to be eaten. It has been a busy weekend!
 www.twitter.com/markb0ss
www.youtube.com/markb0ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite working my socks off, money is NOT in overwhealming supply at the Boss household. Choosing which game to get in Limited/collectors edition is a decision that takes much thought. Especially at launch.

And with this year being such a busy year in gaming, its a been a tough call so far.

Mass Effect 2 was a no brainer. And Fantasy 13 was an impulse buy fueld by the awesomeness of a good day. Im actually thinking of possibly selling FF13, its just not getting the play time. Next up? Possibly Splinter Cell: Conviction. But most likely not at launch, the money just isnt there. I am however really looking forward to the game.

Straight up buying Limited/ Collectors edition at launch is a stupid idea when poor. But sometimes the inner gamer just takes over. Im pretty sure Im gonna ride out the rest of the year via rentals and pre-owned Limited/Collectors Edition, which without a doubt is the best way to go about the over priced world of gaming.

Games on the Edition list-

Alan Wake, SC: Conviction, Dead Rising 2 and prob more that Im forgetting.

How bout you guys? any Editions so far or coming up?

p.s. heres a picture of my easter egg which is just laying on top of a shelf waiting to be eaten. It has been a busy weekend!
 www.twitter.com/markb0ss
www.youtube.com/markb0ss

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Pazy

I very rarely buy Special/Limited editions since they rarely have things that appeal to me. Ive bought the Fallout 3 Lunch Box edition (it was only slightly more than the normal game and it had an art book and making of DVD) and the Mass Effect 2 LE/CE since it had an art book and a comic. I cant remember many other CE/LE's that I have and in the case of Fallout 3 im not even sure why I got it, Mass Effect 2 I got because I love the universe and couldent pass up an art book since I love the Art Book of the first one (although ultimately I was dissapointed due to the size of the ME2 art book). In the future I cant see getting many more CE/LE's since I tend not to buy games at launch and they usually dont have extra content im interested in.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

If it's a game I'm really hyped up for I'll go all out and get the special edition, but damn, I never use those night vision goggles that came with the prestige edition of MW2. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Just preordered the special edition of Red Dead Redemption. I don't usually...ever infact...go for the limited/special/ultra/extreme editions but I dunno, Red Dead just has this ''wooing'' factor about it that hasn't given me much choice =P
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#5  Edited By citizenkane

I will probably get the limited edition of Halo: Reach.  Other than that, I will have to see what they offer.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By foggel

I don't have any limited editions. I don't have that much money, so I rather buy more games than fewer limited ones :) I can't wait to finish my studies..

And I want your easter egg!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foggel:  I wish I could capture ho big it is. Its worth £10, luckily I got it on Monday therefore reduced price. Also you got a good philosphy.

@CitizenKane: good call, looking forward to that one!

@Abyssfull: oh crap!  forgot about that game!! now Im gonna have to get that one too... 

@Everyones_A_Critic: lmao!! i tried them on the other day, they are kinda cool, but yeah, it seems like a requirement amongst many special editions is to have a piece 

hfhfof crap your never gonna used attached

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pazy:   I actually feel tempted to go back and get the Fallout 3 Collectors edition, but I really dont want to get into the habbit of buying every game I remotely like in a special edition.  I was really pleased with ME2 LE, it was a cool package and a really cool game. See thats the thing, if its one of my fave games of the year, it makes total sense. But when theres such a 'busy' year as this one, its tricky to define and seperate the games I just think are awesome and best of the year. And get into the trap of buygin ALOT of LE/CE then regretting it.
willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By willin

Prestige Edition motherfuckers!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Personally, I'm really fed up with Limited Editions..  If a big game series puts out a good collectors edition, that's fine.  But we see so many run of the mill games these days come out with versions that cost £10 more and come with nothing but ingame items or valueless pieces of crap. 

Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age and Final Fantasy XIII are perfect examples of this.  All games that are celebrated enough to deserve good CE's but were all utterly terrible and sit on store shelves months after release because they were mass produced and nobody wants them, until they're sold off for lower than the regular game price.

No Caption Provided
  The only good one for the foreseeable future is Alan Wake, which is a good exmaple of how CE's SHOULD be done.  It's the same price as the actual game, and comes with some pretty cool stuff..  Very obviously designed for collectors, rather than to shake down the average consumer who doesn't want to miss out on any content.

Another one I have to highlight is Anno 1404..  same price as the regular game, limited run and came with some very nice items including a wooden treasure box to keep everything in, a bag of seeds (for starting your own civilization) and an antique compass made of real wood and metal.  It had a lot of thought and care put into it, unlike say FFXIII which came with..  a set of stickers?  and cost £20 more.

Also known as Dawn of Discovery in the US
 Also known as Dawn of Discovery in the US