Lost episode 10

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By angelkanarias

First, does anyone here actually follow the series? Anyways, Crazy shit! 

*spoilers start*
He freaking kills Ben! What will happen now? Is that why Lock was alive? WTF?
*spoilers end*

Anyways, if you follow the series post your opinions about the series and comment on what I said. See ya!
Avatar image for goodbyesoberday
GoodbyeSoberDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GoodbyeSoberDay
angelkanarias said:
"First, does anyone here actually follow the series? Anyways, Crazy shit! 

*spoilers start*
He freaking kills Ben! What will happen now? Is that why Lock was alive? WTF?
*spoilers end*

Anyways, if you follow the series post your opinions about the series and comment on what I said. See ya!
"
Actually, it was never clarified that he "killed" Ben, although he certainly tried.  It is very possible that Ben is still alive.  And yes, I follow the series "religiously". 
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

Seeing as the adult Ben was shown earlier back at the Island(allbeit in another timeline) the question is, if he killed Ben as a child, will he still be alive? Until you find that out, there's no saying whether his actions had any impact whatsoever.

GoodbyeSoberDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GoodbyeSoberDay
pause422 said:
"Seeing as the adult Ben was shown earlier back at the Island(allbeit in another timeline) the question is, if he killed Ben as a child, will he still be alive? Until you find that out, there's no saying whether his actions had any impact whatsoever."
Actually, that would be irrelevant, because "time" is flowing parallel in both "timelines".  In other words, a minute passes in 1977 and the same amount of time passes in 2007/2008.  So, when Ben was shown previously, the "events" occurring in 1977 hadn't "happened" yet in a parallel sense.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolverine

I watched Season 1 of Lost because I have it on DVD and than I started Season 2 on abc.com. Than I guess I just got out of it and stopped.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArchScabby

*SPOILER*

I looked at the next weeks episode description on comcast, and it said kate tries to save his life and jack won't help. 
So no he isn't dead.
GoodbyeSoberDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GoodbyeSoberDay
ArchScabby said:
"I looked at the next weeks episode description on comcast, and it said kate tries to save his life and jack won't help.  So no he isn't dead."
I actually knew about that already, I was just trying to avoid being too "spoilery".  Some people are very sensitive about that.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ArchScabby
GoodbyeSoberDay said:
"ArchScabby said:
"I looked at the next weeks episode description on comcast, and it said kate tries to save his life and jack won't help.  So no he isn't dead."
I actually knew about that already, I was just trying to avoid being too "spoilery".  Some people are very sensitive about that."
well going by the first post in the thread, I didn't really worry but I will edit it anyway.
GoodbyeSoberDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GoodbyeSoberDay
ArchScabby said:
"GoodbyeSoberDay said:
"ArchScabby said:
I actually knew about that already, I was just trying to avoid being too "spoilery".  Some people are very sensitive about that."
well going by the first post in the thread, I didn't really worry but I will edit it anyway."
They don't bother me at all, so no worries.  I wasn't trying to nitpick or anything.  If you study the show at all on the internet, you are bound to run into them.
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By angelkanarias
ArchScabby said:
"

*SPOILER*

I looked at the next weeks episode description on comcast, and it said kate tries to save his life and jack won't help.  So no he isn't dead."
shit, I ignored the big fat spoiler sign.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArchScabby
GoodbyeSoberDay said:
"ArchScabby said:
"GoodbyeSoberDay said:
"ArchScabby said:
well going by the first post in the thread, I didn't really worry but I will edit it anyway."
They don't bother me at all, so no worries.  I wasn't trying to nitpick or anything.  If you study the show at all on the internet, you are bound to run into them."
well it's done, so no biggy.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By singular

I totally saw it coming that Said would shoot Ben as soon as he got the gun. But he couldn't have killed him because Ben was there later in the timeline. And as Faraday already said: What happened, happened. Only special people can change events that have already occured. Desmont for example seems to be one of them.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By angelkanarias

He probably won't die then.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By singular
ArchScabby said:
"

*SPOILER*

I looked at the next weeks episode description on comcast, and it said kate tries to save his life and jack won't help.  So no he isn't dead."

Nope. Probably not. And that whole thing would fit perfectly in Ben exploiting Saiid in cold blood.
GoodbyeSoberDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GoodbyeSoberDay

There is actually a theory floating around that suggests that Ben already "knew" that Sayid was going to shoot him when he was a kid, and so Ben had to "prepare" Sayid in order to ensure that he hated him enough in order to be able to shoot a defenseless child.  Why exactly this would HAVE to happen, I couldn't tell you...

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Scorched

I knew little Ben was going to be killed.  I just thought it was going to make time explode.  Is he not dead or something???
Personally I thought he should have put a few more bullets in little Ben, you know just to make sure he doesn't come back.  Maybe put pieces of his body dispersed around the island.  Idk, I would like to see how they explain this.

Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VitaminWaterYum

Ben isn't dead. If he was dead he would have never grown up to meet Sayid, who would in turn never come back to shoot Ben. PARADOX!!

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By singular

Ok... here it is: Young Ben gets abused by his father, meets Saiid and trusts him thinking he would get him out of there. Saiid shoots little Ben because he got treated wrong by grown up Ben. Little Ben survives, meets Saiid as grown up Ben and remembers him and therefore exploit him because he knows that Saiid is an ass who shoots little kids when he feels those little kids treat him when they're grown up. Saiis gets to travel back in time after that and meets little Ben where the cycle begins from the beginning again. I guess the dharmic message from this is that what goes around comes around, that we tend to do to others what has been done to us, even if those others are innocent. They themselves lose their innocence when they pass on the mistreatement which they have received.