ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By ElegantRuby

No Caption Provided

Lost is pretty much the best show ever conceived by humankind.  It is my favorite show and now that it is coming to an end, I find myself sad.  Why this is, I do not entirely know.  I have followed Lost ever since the series premier on September 22. 2004.  I've followed the show and stuck with it through the ups and downs (first half of Season 3 anyone?).  I own seasons 1-5 on Blu-Ray (which left quite a large hole in my pocket).  Now that there are only less then a handful of new episodes, I feel like, no pun intended, a lost sheep.  My Tuesday Evenings will empty.  I'm at a complete loss of words over this.  The last time that I felt this empty inside was when my last cat died when I was eleven.   

I know that I cannot be the only one who feels this way.  Other people must be as addicted to the show as I am.  I feel like I will be going through massive withdrawals just like Charlie in Season 1. 

On the bright side though, the last three seasons have been fantastic.  Seasons 4 and 5 were phenomenal.  My favorite character. Ben, was really fleshed out in those seasons.  I'm kind of sad that since his central episode this season, he really hasn't done anything...  OH and Jin and Sun's reunion?  I cried.  Ya.  Thats right.  I cried at a TV show.  The mighty Ruby is human after all...

Anyways...I feel as though I have wasted everyones who read this time.  I apologize for that, but I just needed to get some things off of my chest.  For those of you who read the whole thing, thank you. 

-Ruby         
ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ElegantRuby

No Caption Provided

Lost is pretty much the best show ever conceived by humankind.  It is my favorite show and now that it is coming to an end, I find myself sad.  Why this is, I do not entirely know.  I have followed Lost ever since the series premier on September 22. 2004.  I've followed the show and stuck with it through the ups and downs (first half of Season 3 anyone?).  I own seasons 1-5 on Blu-Ray (which left quite a large hole in my pocket).  Now that there are only less then a handful of new episodes, I feel like, no pun intended, a lost sheep.  My Tuesday Evenings will empty.  I'm at a complete loss of words over this.  The last time that I felt this empty inside was when my last cat died when I was eleven.   

I know that I cannot be the only one who feels this way.  Other people must be as addicted to the show as I am.  I feel like I will be going through massive withdrawals just like Charlie in Season 1. 

On the bright side though, the last three seasons have been fantastic.  Seasons 4 and 5 were phenomenal.  My favorite character. Ben, was really fleshed out in those seasons.  I'm kind of sad that since his central episode this season, he really hasn't done anything...  OH and Jin and Sun's reunion?  I cried.  Ya.  Thats right.  I cried at a TV show.  The mighty Ruby is human after all...

Anyways...I feel as though I have wasted everyones who read this time.  I apologize for that, but I just needed to get some things off of my chest.  For those of you who read the whole thing, thank you. 

-Ruby         
Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

i still miss aldo. 

CLAIRE, YOU BITCH 

this show is cool

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Good riddance to bad rubbish...?

Well, honestly I have no say in this because I've never watched it.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mosdl

I'm waiting for the full series bluray package which will probably be awesome.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By obcdexter
@mosdl said:
" I'm waiting for the full series bluray package which will probably be awesome. "
Seriously, who would want to REWATCH Lost?
I like the show, but I couldn't imagine a greater ordeal. This series has always been a "never look back" thing for me.
A lot of filler episode over the years, too.
Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Azrail

me? 
ive rewatched it once 
u skip all the bad shit or boring parts

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By briggs713

I'll miss it a lot.  I caught up last summer and it's been amazing. 

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pakx

meh, Lost is okay i guess. if you're into the whole time travel, sci fi, awesome character and brilliant writing with a horror tinge, kind of thing? you want one man: The Doctor.

Fuck your pussy ass island of mystery, John Locke. the Tardis is the only way to time-travel.
 Fuck your pussy ass island of mystery, John Locke. the Tardis is the only way to time-travel.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Doctor who took a downward spin into Tweenville after Ecclestone left.  The new Doctor is MR SLAPSTICK and is already ruining then series.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pakx
@SeriouslyNow said:
" Doctor who took a downward spin into Tweenville after Ecclestone left.  The new Doctor is MR SLAPSTICK and is already ruining then series. "
oh lord, you again. i wonder when you'll get tired of being wrong.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks

Wow, get a grip missy, I'm sure you'll be able to ogle Sawyer for years to come in Davidoff Cool Water ads : / 

The last episode was a little lame, I thought it took a slight dip, hopefully all the rest from here on in will be big hitters, they need to be. There have been some awesome episode lately...

BinaryDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By BinaryDragon
@SeriouslyNow said:
" Doctor who took a downward spin into Tweenville after Ecclestone left.  The new Doctor is MR SLAPSTICK and is already ruining then series. "
here here. I've never really liked Matt Smith. He makes me upset. So many other brilliant actors could have been picked. It was going to be a black doctor. And it would have been awesome.
wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By wrecks

Yes. I feel your pain. Most everything else on the tube is simplistic, banal and formulaic drivel. The scope and complexity of Lost will be sorely missed.  
I will however enjoy the extra sleep I will receive since my brain will not be occupied trying to solve the fucking thing every week.

On a related note.. Josh Holloway (Sawyer) great choice for Snake Plissken in the Escape from New York reboot or bound for another Law & Order or CSI spin off? Bets anyone?

imad81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By imad81

as somebody who just recently started watching lost fromt he very beginning(I was aware of its existence but never cared to watch it), I am surprised at how deep the storyline is..it is however the most wtf-just-happened show i have ever seen..am still on season 5 and getting more n more confused with every episode..i just hope they are able to tie up all the loose ends in the story in a plausible way..

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@pakx said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
oh lord, you again. i wonder when you'll get tired of being wrong. "
uhuh.  I'm not alone in my feelings regarding modern Doctor Who.  I'll bet you're around 15 or so.  I'm a lot older and have been following Doctor Who since before the Bill Pertwee days.

@BinaryDragon said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
here here. I've never really liked Matt Smith. He makes me upset. So many other brilliant actors could have been picked. It was going to be a black doctor. And it would have been awesome. "
Exactly. It's about time the Doc stopped being a gangly aryan. I wish BBC 2 would make up their minds, first we had Ecclestone which made for a brilliantly adult and dark focal story (Dr Who Destroyer of the Daleks),  then we had Torchwood (Dr Who with edgy gaysex/groupsex/insert other edgy context via a rift in...Wales of all places sans the Doc) and then we had a childhood glee/dreamy hero oriented Tennant, now we have a stupidly ugly and awkward Smith.  The effects are looking really lazy so far too, the prison ship was an EYE sorrounded by a lightning effect housed in Superman's Fortress of Solitude crystals.  Yuck!  I want the Beeb to hire some better designers, it's not Dr Who isn't earning them money hand over fist but then it's Dr Who; the show the BBC treats like crap (allowing whole series to be erased because they ran out of blank tapes!) and earns lots of money from.  Last Season with the exception of the Waters of Mars and the The End of Time two parter was a joke.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Meowayne

Now that there are only (as of today) ten more new episodes

Sorry to break this to you, but there are only three episodes and the finale left. 

That is 3x45 + 120 minutes, or 4.25 hours left for the LOST creators to wrap things up. Which, in terms of drama, they will do brilliantly. In terms of mythology, not so much.

i just hope they are able to tie up all the loose ends in the story in a plausible way..   

I wouldn't hold my breath. The creators have pretty much confirmed by now that most minor mysteries were just written as mindfucks in hope of sometime maybe thinking of some way to write an explanation, and now that the series is over, most won't get one.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PillClinton
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Good riddance to bad rubbish...?  Well, honestly I have no say in this because I've never watched it. "
Fuck you.  That's all.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Meowshi

I'm ready for it to end.

It's fucking exhausting following a show for this long.  Never again.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By mattysen

I lost interest in lost when it started becoming more and more filler, which was about the second half of the second series. I've been watching it very inconsistently since, it's more like a drama than a thriller since about the second series, and I'm not a huge fan of dramas. Sure it's perfection for alot of people, but I saw it as potential lost, the story is very good but it spends to much time fapping about on the 25 different characters background that I don't really care about. 1/50 of those flashbacks are actually essential to moving the plot along. It also stumbled too much with the plot, spending too much time on things that didn't actually amount to anything, e.g the ship and leaving the island. You could probably get lost down to 2 series max if you took all the prancing around out. I mean this is just my opinion though 

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pakx
@SeriouslyNow said:

" @pakx said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:
uhuh.  I'm not alone in my feelings regarding modern Doctor Who.  I'll bet you're around 15 or so.  I'm a lot older and have been following Doctor Who since before the Bill Pertwee days.

@BinaryDragon

said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
here here. I've never really liked Matt Smith. He makes me upset. So many other brilliant actors could have been picked. It was going to be a black doctor. And it would have been awesome. "
Exactly. It's about time the Doc stopped being a gangly aryan. I wish BBC 2 would make up their minds, first we had Ecclestone which made for a brilliantly adult and dark focal story (Dr Who Destroyer of the Daleks),  then we had Torchwood (Dr Who with edgy gaysex/groupsex/insert other edgy context via a rift in...Wales of all places sans the Doc) and then we had a childhood glee/dreamy hero oriented Tennant, now we have a stupidly ugly and awkward Smith.  The effects are looking really lazy so far too, the prison ship was an EYE sorrounded by a lightning effect housed in Superman's Fortress of Solitude crystals.  Yuck!  I want the Beeb to hire some better designers, it's not Dr Who isn't earning them money hand over fist but then it's Dr Who; the show the BBC treats like crap (allowing whole series to be erased because they ran out of blank tapes!) and earns lots of money from.  Last Season with the exception of the Waters of Mars and the The End of Time two parter was a joke. "
Yes yes, you people are legion in your wrongness.
Yeesh, how long has THAT reeking fanboy ejaculate been festering in your scrotum?
Anyway, here we go again with the assumptions followed by an arguement built entirely ON that (wrong) assumption, so i'll give up quick and not bother. lessons learned and all that.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Fragstoff said:
" Lost sucks after season 2 thats a fucking awesome picture though "
it makes me think the real john lock is jesus-like and will return to save the day.  

everyone wants locke to be the hero in the end. 
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Afroman269

Yay

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HandsomeDead

This thread is full of shit. Lost? Dr. Who? Why not watch a show with good writing, characters and locales that doesn't rely on gimmicks?

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nail1080

Prison Break Season 1 and 2
Breaking Bad
Battlestar Galactica
Dexter

All much better shows

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By JJWeatherman
@HandsomeDead said:
" This thread is full of shit. Lost? Dr. Who? Why not watch a show with good writing, characters and locales that doesn't rely on gimmicks? "
Wow dude. They're both pretty good shows.

You're a Debbie Downer.  :P
Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Cazamalos

fuck your little island with plot twist every 30 seconds!...nah just kidding lost is pretty good, but i'm going to leave this here

No Caption Provided
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ZenaxPure

Honestly my 2 favorite shows as of right now are Lost and 24, both of which are on their final seasons so like you TC I feel a bit saddened by it all. Lost got me back interested in TV because before it I had given up on anything good to watch and I'm scared I won't find anything else that catches my attention as much once these 2 shows are gone.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jothel

the current series is one of the best, every episode has just been top notch, awesome show

BinaryDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By BinaryDragon
@pakx: dude. wtf. I know this is the internet, but on what planet do you have the right to judge anyone else for their opinion. If you thought that the bible was right and that evolution was balls then you'd be entitled to your opinion. But if everyone thought like you (in terms of other people's opinions not evolution) no one would teach it in schools and we'd be no closer to curing many diseases on this planet including cancer and the common cold. I don't judge you for your opinion, but i do judge you for being an ass. 

"An opinion is never wrong. It is mearly what you don't think is right. "

And if you want anyone to ever take you seriously don't use the word scrotum in your comeback. *sigh*  I suppose the crux of all this is that you're entitled to disagree with me, but by doing so you're just going to prove I'm right.
Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Organicalistic_

Lost is addicting, but you know we have to come over these thing with therapy, so stay AWAY!!!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By KaosAngel

Yeah, I never watched Lost.

Too crazy and no time.  My girlfriend wtaches the fuck out of it and I ignore her the day aftet it airs.

I'm more of an Office and 30 Rock guy.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ch3burashka
@Meowshi said:
" I'm ready for it to end.  It's fucking exhausting following a show for this long.  Never again. "
Lol, my thought exactly. It was cool the first 2 seasons. Now I'm ready to see the 'stunning' conclusion and be done with it. 

Besides, Burn Notice is the best show on television: everyone knows that.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By teh_destroyer
@Azrail said:
" me? ive rewatched it once u skip all the bad shit or boring parts "
Its zakkro! OMG! :) 
anyways, I will miss it too, waiting for Season 6 to come out on dvd so i can run out and buy 4,5,and 6.The kast episode was really good :)
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#34  Edited By Symphony

I never watched Lost but I felt a similar tinge of loss when Oz ended. That show was fantastic. 

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ben99

I watched the first episode ,didn't like it . I gave it a second shot and still didn't like it . It's slow paced and boring .

Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Azrail

battlestar has it fault to, half the time its a soap opera in space 
and dont mention the ending, lost will have to try in order to have a worse conclusion 
and wow prison break had a couple good seasons  
lost has had at least 4

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@pakx said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @pakx said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

@BinaryDragon

said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
Exactly. It's about time the Doc stopped being a gangly aryan. I wish BBC 2 would make up their minds, first we had Ecclestone which made for a brilliantly adult and dark focal story (Dr Who Destroyer of the Daleks),  then we had Torchwood (Dr Who with edgy gaysex/groupsex/insert other edgy context via a rift in...Wales of all places sans the Doc) and then we had a childhood glee/dreamy hero oriented Tennant, now we have a stupidly ugly and awkward Smith.  The effects are looking really lazy so far too, the prison ship was an EYE sorrounded by a lightning effect housed in Superman's Fortress of Solitude crystals.  Yuck!  I want the Beeb to hire some better designers, it's not Dr Who isn't earning them money hand over fist but then it's Dr Who; the show the BBC treats like crap (allowing whole series to be erased because they ran out of blank tapes!) and earns lots of money from.  Last Season with the exception of the Waters of Mars and the The End of Time two parter was a joke. "
Yes yes, you people are legion in your wrongness.Yeesh, how long has THAT reeking fanboy ejaculate been festering in your scrotum? Anyway, here we go again with the assumptions followed by an arguement built entirely ON that (wrong) assumption, so i'll give up quick and not bother. lessons learned and all that. "
How can an opinion be wrong?  Here, have some more.  The Beast Below was awful and it seems to indicating a rather alarming trend.  So far, out of two episodes, we've have two episodes with children as pivotal characters.  Now I know that the next episode brings the Daleks back (yawn, the whole point of having Ecclestone as their destroyer keeps being negated ad nauseum, are the Beeb so unwilling to create new enemies?) via WW2 (yay more boring and cheap settings) but I am left to wonder just how many episodes of this season will star children.  My guess would be a good 50% because it looks to me like they are definitely aiming their sights at tweens and younger so far.
dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By dvdhaus

I'll say it here...There will never be another show like LOST.  This show grew from Internet buzz, and the producers embraced the Internet as a vital marketing tool.  Also Hurley is one of the best characters.   Everybody Loves Hugo

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By SumDeus

I watched half of the first season, but then I got bored. Dexter and Breaking Bad are my shows.

ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ElegantRuby
@dvdhaus: I disagree.  Hugo is a close third to Old School Ben and Pre-Smokie Locke.  
MostlyHeadless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By MostlyHeadless

I remember feeling this way when The X-Files went of the air a few years back. Don't worry, there'll be other shows.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ArchScabby

I'm a big fan of Lost, but I'm so glad that it's ending. Finally nor more wondering WTF? all the time.

ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ElegantRuby
@ArchScabby: I like the WTF feeling after every episode.  My mom is also a huge fan of the show, and we have become closer while the show has been on the air.  
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Omega

You could try V its on tuesdays after lost.  

I think its a pretty good show, though I'm sure someone will prove me wrong.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45  Edited By KaosAngel

...haven't seen one episode.  The entire Blu-Ray collection is at my parent's place, and I have no intent on watching it...and I honestly have no idea why the hell I haven't yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't have the persistence for a series like this. I watched the first 2 episodes of series 1 and didn't make it to the end of the second. 

ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ElegantRuby
@zudthespud: You really needed to try and stay with the show till Episode 4.  Thats where the entire series showed what it was really about.
dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#48  Edited By dvdhaus
@ElegantRuby:  I agree with Old school Ben, that character was so calculated with everything he did.  Makes me want to see him reclaim that purpose before the end.  Locke now I think is better than before.  It's kinda like Ben and Locke swapped places.

I also have cousins that are addicted to the show.  They come over on the Tuesdays I don't have to work because they need me to explain some of the finer hints that are dropped on the show.  It's a different dynamic to the show when you have that discussion after the show explaining your opinions on what bombshell just got dropped.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By Meowayne
@ElegantRuby said:
" @zudthespud: You really needed to try and stay with the show till Episode 4.  Thats where the entire series showed what it was really about. "
That's exactly what I always say, and insist on: Watch LOST until season 1, episode 4: "Walkabout". If, after Walkabout, you insist on not liking or not wanting to continue watching Lost, you are free to do so.
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MarkWahlberg

How can your tuesdays be empty when the Bombcast is still going strong?