Marvel is once again on a roll with Doctor Strange

• 52 results
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@veektarius:Mordo seems to not be purely antagonistic in this, so hopefully they're building him up alongside Strange. I could see them making him sorta like a Sinestro-type character in the movie. Mads Mikkelsen's character would be the obvious primary villain (or whatever's compelling him to break off, if anything), but then they're also building the schism between Mordo and the Ancient One (and Strange) throughout.

Though, come to think of it, Stane and Loki were kinda a big parts of Iron Man and Thor's origin stories. Captain America felt like the most straightforward origin story, with a relatively detached villain that figures in after a good chunk of the personal stuff, but Stane was Stark's mentor, and Loki was of course Thor's brother.

Even Ronan felt like more of a throughline (one-dimensional as he was). That's mostly thanks to the whole power stone MacGuffin though. Batman Begins is always the one I think of where the villain just shows up out of the blue and suddenly everything's on fire.

But anyways, yeah, I'd like to see them actually build up a villain again.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@crithon said:

the visuals are more inception then Steve Ditko psychedelic trippy mind scapes. Still, I'm kinda shocked they have finished visuals, the film just finished shooting last week. Now time to add some more colors.... and maybe the mindless ones.

No Caption Provided

I thought so too. Whole trailer looked like a mashup of Inception and Batman Begins to me.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@crithon said:

the visuals are more inception then Steve Ditko psychedelic trippy mind scapes. Still, I'm kinda shocked they have finished visuals, the film just finished shooting last week. Now time to add some more colors.... and maybe the mindless ones.

No Caption Provided

I thought so too. Whole trailer looked like a mashup of Inception and Batman Begins to me.

Regarding the visuals, I wouldn't worry too much about it. This was recently put out:

Loading Video...

Colour me pleased.