More about me, then I’ll talk more about games after I’m done.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

I won’t talk about games in this blog because I’m still in the middle of introducing myself.  I won’t make ya’ll take a quiz this time, all ya’ll have to do is sit and read.

Well, I want to tell ya’ll that I’m legally blind.  Being legally blind doesn’t necessarily mean that I don’t see anything, it just means that I have very poor vision.  Sometimes it takes me longer to read and type something because of my problem.  I do wear glasses, because if I wore contacts it would be $500 dollars for just one.  Corrective laser surgery will not help me.  If I was to have the surgery, there is more of a chance of me not seeing at all, which can become permanent.  It’s not worth the risk.  I also have something else, lack of depth perception.  In other words, everything appears as a picture on paper to me, and I can’t judge distance. 

Also something else that I would like ya’ll to know about me is that I work and earn what I get.  I always try to do my best in everything I do.  I embrace every challenge.  Being rewarded for a hard day’s work is a great feeling to have, even though it does not happen often.

I love animals.  I have a ferret, dog, and a bird that I take care of.  My oldest pet is the bird, second is my dog, and the ferret is the youngest.

I forget things easily.  I really don’t mean to, but I’m making the effort to remember things better.  Sometimes I lose my pencil, and it would be in my pocket the whole time I would be looking for it.  So don’t get mad at me if I forget something, because also sometimes I have other things on my mind that I might have to do.  Thinking of something else can really interfere with thinking.

Well, I guess that is all I have to say for now, so I am done.  The main thing is please have patience with me.  I’ll be talking about games soon, so be sure to keep in touch with me.  As always, you can leave your questions or comments here, or you can PM me.  I’m going to be busy this weekend because I’m swamped in homework.  I might not be able to respond right away.  I’ll see you all later, and have a great and wonderful weekend.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tireyo

I won’t talk about games in this blog because I’m still in the middle of introducing myself.  I won’t make ya’ll take a quiz this time, all ya’ll have to do is sit and read.

Well, I want to tell ya’ll that I’m legally blind.  Being legally blind doesn’t necessarily mean that I don’t see anything, it just means that I have very poor vision.  Sometimes it takes me longer to read and type something because of my problem.  I do wear glasses, because if I wore contacts it would be $500 dollars for just one.  Corrective laser surgery will not help me.  If I was to have the surgery, there is more of a chance of me not seeing at all, which can become permanent.  It’s not worth the risk.  I also have something else, lack of depth perception.  In other words, everything appears as a picture on paper to me, and I can’t judge distance. 

Also something else that I would like ya’ll to know about me is that I work and earn what I get.  I always try to do my best in everything I do.  I embrace every challenge.  Being rewarded for a hard day’s work is a great feeling to have, even though it does not happen often.

I love animals.  I have a ferret, dog, and a bird that I take care of.  My oldest pet is the bird, second is my dog, and the ferret is the youngest.

I forget things easily.  I really don’t mean to, but I’m making the effort to remember things better.  Sometimes I lose my pencil, and it would be in my pocket the whole time I would be looking for it.  So don’t get mad at me if I forget something, because also sometimes I have other things on my mind that I might have to do.  Thinking of something else can really interfere with thinking.

Well, I guess that is all I have to say for now, so I am done.  The main thing is please have patience with me.  I’ll be talking about games soon, so be sure to keep in touch with me.  As always, you can leave your questions or comments here, or you can PM me.  I’m going to be busy this weekend because I’m swamped in homework.  I might not be able to respond right away.  I’ll see you all later, and have a great and wonderful weekend.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By penguindust

Well, I guess the first question I have to ask, and forgive me for being so direct, is how do you play video games if you are legally blind?  Yes, I understand that being legally blind doesn't mean you can't see anything, but I'd assume you'd still have trouble with details.  I noticed that you seem to like older games.  Is this because the contrasts between everything is much more striking?  Do current generation games appear more as a wash or blur than the older games?  Again, I don't mean to offend, I'm just curious.

By the way, I wear glasses all the time, too.  I've never even considered contacts because I'm funny about sticking something in my eye. 

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tireyo

You are not bugging me at all.  I have a high-definition lens that helps me see close to what people with normal vision see.  Videogames help me with my coordination.  I do like to play classic games as well as newer games.  As you know I'm a Mario fan, so I do have Super Paper Mario, Mario Kart Wii, and Super Mario Galaxy.  Eventhough this isn't really a Mario game, I have the famous and popular Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  (I really like this game!) Playing games does help me focus and coordinate better.  I do have a little trouble with details sometimes because of the depth perception even with the glasses, but I don't see a blur or wash in games unless it's without my glasses.  I do find ways to manage and get used to things after awhile.  I hope that I have answered all your questions reguarding the vision problem I have.

In summary, glasses correct my vision to a point.

I'm squeemish too because I don't like anything near my eyes either.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

This may come off as incredibly rude, and trust me when I say I'm not trying to be, but why is it in your best interest to make multiple posts introducing yourself?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tireyo

Well, I want to make the point that I'm just like everyone else, and that I do have a few problems that I'm trying to overcome.  This should be my last blog for now that is about myself.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By crunchUK
natetodamax said:
"This may come off as incredibly rude, and trust me when I say I'm not trying to be, but why is it in your best interest to make multiple posts introducing yourself?
"
shut up. he can blog whatever he wants
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tireyo

It's ok crunchUK, I answered his question.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax
crunchUK said:
"natetodamax said:
"This may come off as incredibly rude, and trust me when I say I'm not trying to be, but why is it in your best interest to make multiple posts introducing yourself?
"
shut up. he can blog whatever he wants
"
Chill out dude.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

I had a friend I met while acting in community theater. He was legally blind as well. His computors all had these lens in front of them to help him see. I thought it was pretty cool. He didn't play console games, but he did play some PC games, but he wasn't that much of a gamer. We did an outdoor drama together and when the lights would go off for a scene change I would have to help him off the stage. I forgot about him during one show and he wandered around until I remembered. I felt so bad, but he was a good sport and laughed about it. He moved out of town and we lost touch.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Jax

I'm going to give my opinion here, and a word of advice for all three of you guys. First, to tire: It's nice to see you starting to fit in a feel more comfortable around here. So far you've posted three blogs regarding roughly the same subject. A good rule of thumb, especially since our blogs can be directed through the forum, is to keep the same thread alive. I think a lot of people are confusing forums with twitter. Because you have something to say doesn't mean it can't go in the same thread as before, if it's regarding the same subject. So, you have two options in my opinion if you don't want to piss some people off. I can tell you're open about your problems and that you want to meet knew people. I think it's in your best interest to keep updating the same blog with your personal info, if it's an "about me" style blog. Secondly, if you do feel like you really want to post a new blog but it's still regarding the same subject, you can opt to not have it redirect to a forum. I think you know, when I signed on and saw another blog about your interests I thought to myself, "Again?" So my best advice is to keep updating the other threads, there's no need to create a new blog/forum post if its about the same topic.

To Natetodamex, I'm leaning more towards your view on this, but I still understand where Crunch is coming from.  He does have the right to blog about what he wants, but there are ethics and guidelines that most of us follow, and if he really does want to fit in, I think it would be in his best interest to absorb the way things happen in a community like this.

Tire: On your profile you have a live update feed, an about me, and a blog. You might want to focus on those from now on, or post in one of your three threads regarding this subject. :)

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By c1337us

Hey man, that story about the pencil made me laugh. My mother still reminds me about the time when I was seven that I walked around the house with my whole family laughing at me looking for a cowboy hat I was wearing XD Sometimes I can walk from the lounge to the fridge for a drink and then get there and forget what I wanted if I get distracted on the way (they are approximately only 4 feet away from one another) so I am another forgetful one.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tireyo
Claude said:
"I had a friend I met while acting in community theater. He was legally blind as well. His computors all had these lens in front of them to help him see. I thought it was pretty cool. He didn't play console games, but he did play some PC games, but he wasn't that much of a gamer. We did an outdoor drama together and when the lights would go off for a scene change I would have to help him off the stage. I forgot about him during one show and he wandered around until I remembered. I felt so bad, but he was a good sport and laughed about it. He moved out of town and we lost touch."
That's sad that he moved away.  Since my glasses correct my vision to a point, I don't need anything in front of the computer screen.  The fellow you have met, I am certainly feel sorry for.  Having vision is really something worth having.

Jax said:
"I'm going to give my opinion here, and a word of advice for all three of you guys. First, to tire: It's nice to see you starting to fit in a feel more comfortable around here. So far you've posted three blogs regarding roughly the same subject. A good rule of thumb, especially since our blogs can be directed through the forum, is to keep the same thread alive. I think a lot of people are confusing forums with twitter. Because you have something to say doesn't mean it can't go in the same thread as before, if it's regarding the same subject. So, you have two options in my opinion if you don't want to piss some people off. I can tell you're open about your problems and that you want to meet knew people. I think it's in your best interest to keep updating the same blog with your personal info, if it's an "about me" style blog. Secondly, if you do feel like you really want to post a new blog but it's still regarding the same subject, you can opt to not have it redirect to a forum. I think you know, when I signed on and saw another blog about your interests I thought to myself, "Again?" So my best advice is to keep updating the other threads, there's no need to create a new blog/forum post if its about the same topic.

To Natetodamex, I'm leaning more towards your view on this, but I still understand where Crunch is coming from.  He does have the right to blog about what he wants, but there are ethics and guidelines that most of us follow, and if he really does want to fit in, I think it would be in his best interest to absorb the way things happen in a community like this.

Tire: On your profile you have a live update feed, an about me, and a blog. You might want to focus on those from now on, or post in one of your three threads regarding this subject. :)
"

To try to end this problem so it won't cause any trouble, let's all just please leave this behind us and forget about it.  I'm always open to questions, even if they do sound rude but not really intended to be rude.  I have answered Natetodamax's question, and I am ok with it.  Jax, I understand where you are coming from, and I thank you for the suggestions. I will certainly do what you have suggested to me for now on.  Since this blog is already written along with the other blogs that are written, I will not be taking them off even if they are reguarding the same subject.  Updating is a great idea, and I'll follow what ya'll are used to.  I am willing to learn.

c1337us said:
"Hey man, that story about the pencil made me laugh. My mother still reminds me about the time when I was seven that I walked around the house with my whole family laughing at me looking for a cowboy hat I was wearing XD Sometimes I can walk from the lounge to the fridge for a drink and then get there and forget what I wanted if I get distracted on the way (they are approximately only 4 feet away from one another) so I am another forgetful one. "

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one!