More of the Blog that no one reads

ItsMeJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ItsMeJB

Birds are falling out of the sky, fish are washing up dead on shore, the Atlanta Falcons have the best record in the NFC, and GT5 is not getting 10/10 ratings. Clearly, the end of the world is just a red moon or Zombie uprising away.  Welcome to 2011!

Yes, according the Mayan calendar, we are now a mere year and 11 months from the end of the world. So, I thought I'd make a list of things to do before the world ends in December of 2012 (this list is simply a starting point for your own list, use it as "jumping off point" if you will):
1. Locate and buy a McRib, then see if your pet will eat it.
2. Figure out why Donkey Kong is named Donkey Kong. Is he a Donkey? If so, why the Ape suit?
3. Go to GameStop and  insist they pay $55 for your used copy of COD: Modern Warfare 2, then offer them $2 for Black Ops.
4. Figure out a rhyme for the word "Orange"
5. Buy Samus something nice to wear. 
6. Invent a device that ruptures the ear drum of anyone on Xbox Live who whispers the phrase "Look behind you"
7. Play more WoW...wait...play less WoW...wait...
8. Find that smiley State Farm Insurance spokesperson guy and kick him as hard as you can in the ankle.
9. Clone yourself, then both of you watch the Robot Chicken and Family Guy Star Wars trilogies (again), then debate with yourself about which is better. If you can't come to an agreement....Thunderdome - you vs. you.
10. Write a Blog that someone reads.

And there you have it. Let's make the most of the Year and 11 months we have left. If you have suggestions on things to do before we run out of time, please be sure to list them here for no one to enjoy.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

JB

ItsMeJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ItsMeJB

Birds are falling out of the sky, fish are washing up dead on shore, the Atlanta Falcons have the best record in the NFC, and GT5 is not getting 10/10 ratings. Clearly, the end of the world is just a red moon or Zombie uprising away.  Welcome to 2011!

Yes, according the Mayan calendar, we are now a mere year and 11 months from the end of the world. So, I thought I'd make a list of things to do before the world ends in December of 2012 (this list is simply a starting point for your own list, use it as "jumping off point" if you will):
1. Locate and buy a McRib, then see if your pet will eat it.
2. Figure out why Donkey Kong is named Donkey Kong. Is he a Donkey? If so, why the Ape suit?
3. Go to GameStop and  insist they pay $55 for your used copy of COD: Modern Warfare 2, then offer them $2 for Black Ops.
4. Figure out a rhyme for the word "Orange"
5. Buy Samus something nice to wear. 
6. Invent a device that ruptures the ear drum of anyone on Xbox Live who whispers the phrase "Look behind you"
7. Play more WoW...wait...play less WoW...wait...
8. Find that smiley State Farm Insurance spokesperson guy and kick him as hard as you can in the ankle.
9. Clone yourself, then both of you watch the Robot Chicken and Family Guy Star Wars trilogies (again), then debate with yourself about which is better. If you can't come to an agreement....Thunderdome - you vs. you.
10. Write a Blog that someone reads.

And there you have it. Let's make the most of the Year and 11 months we have left. If you have suggestions on things to do before we run out of time, please be sure to list them here for no one to enjoy.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

JB

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Emo topic titles are all the rage in 2011 it seems.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I've read about why Shigeru Miyamoto named the guy Donkey Kong, but I don't remember. I mean, Kong because of King Kong, and I think donkey because he was one stubborn ass gorilla. 

No words rhyme with the word orange. You may have to invent one yourself.

Looks like you wrote a blog that at least a couple people have read this time, so hey, you're movin' on up. Congratulations!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" Emo topic titles are all the rage in 2011 it seems. "
Wait, they are? I was planning on making all my 2011 blogs completely insane, but now I have to jump on the emo bandwagon, even if it sucks. Emo bands always suck.
thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thedj93
@TheGreatGuero said:
"you're movin' on up. Congratulations! "

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EvilTwin

Your self-pitying topic title has caught my attention and now here I am having read your blog sir.  

My only input is that I think a really clever rapper could combine a couple of words to make something rhyme with orange.  I am not, however, a really clever rapper.  Also, I believe the Mayan calendar ends in December of 2012.  So really we have closer to 2 years to live.  Hurray!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman

I just wanted to let you know that I didn't read this blog.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mnzy

Here is my list:  
1. Locate and buy a GameStop, then see if your Donkey Kong will eat it.  
2. Figure out why Orange is named Orange. Is it a orange? If so, why the Ape suit?  
3. Go to Xbox Live and insist they pay $55 for your Blog, then offer them $2 for Black Ops.  
4. Figure out a rhyme for the word "Robot Chicken"  
5. Buy your Clone something nice to whisper.  
6. Invent a device that ruptures a McRib who whispers the phrase "Look behind you"  
7. Watch more Family Guy...wait...watch less Star Wars trilogies...wait...  
8. Find that smiley State Farm Insurance spokesperson guy and kick him as hard as you can in the ankle. (I'm ok with that)  
9. Buy Samus something nice to wear, then both of you watch Modern Warfare 2, (again), then debate with her about which is better. If you can't come to an agreement....Thunderdome - you vs. her.  
10. Write a Blog that your pet reads.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mikemcn

If you find that state farm sonofabitch, I'll kick him in his other ankle, just tell me where he is. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The world isn't ending, and I'm going to get really drunk on a regular basis this year. I love university.

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By bibledoctor

tl;dr

spudtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spudtastic

I'll never write a blog that someone reads! I give up!