Dangazzm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dangazzm
Mass Effect  
Haven't had the chance to play this or the second one yet, am really excited after reading around on Giant Bomb about what other users thought about it. For $10 you can't go wrong with this... at least as far as I can tell. 

Mass Effect 2 
Same with the first one, I will be playing them in order though so will be a while before I get to it. I am a little worried about the SEEMINGLY dulled down RPG elements but does seem good at the same time. Only playing it will tell if I like it though I guess. Got this for $10 as well.

The Witcher 
I was waiting for this to go on sale for a while now. Dunno why I didn't pick this up sooner, I was left out of the loop when it was out and only recently from a friend heard about it I guess is the problem but I almost beat it already! I LOVE it, Everything about this game is so good I look forward to the second one.  Only $5 WOO got a steal on this one!

Gothic 1-3 
From what I heard the Gothic series is pretty good, already jumped into the first one for 8 hours and after you get the hang of it... it really is a GREAT world they created. It shows its age but there are so many pitfalls and ways to die its pretty amazing and frustrating at the same time. They really don't hold your hand, its almost like you are in this perilous world they created. The second looks even better so can't wait to get into that one. I heard a few complaints about the third but still looks good in its own right.I believe it was $11 for all three, which is one heck of a deal for how long they are and the re playability. 

Battlefield Bad Company 2 
Ill admit it, I'm not an FPS computer gamer. Or at least thats what I thought. I really like this one online, been playing it with a few of my friends for a week now when everyone is on and WOW its a blast once we all finally get in the same squad. For $6 I think they did this so I would get Vietnam for the $15 they want for it, and I think I might do that some time soon. 

Amnesia The Dark Descent 
I LOVE a good horror game. This one is in fact the most horrifying game I have ever come across HANDS DOWN. I get exhausted after about 30 minutes of playing due to it being too tense... there I admitted it. 

Of course there were others but those are the main ones I am most happy with on this years sale. It was pretty good if I do say so myself. I really liked the treasure hunt too that went on right before Christmas and hope they do interactive events like that more often.
Dangazzm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dangazzm
Mass Effect  
Haven't had the chance to play this or the second one yet, am really excited after reading around on Giant Bomb about what other users thought about it. For $10 you can't go wrong with this... at least as far as I can tell. 

Mass Effect 2 
Same with the first one, I will be playing them in order though so will be a while before I get to it. I am a little worried about the SEEMINGLY dulled down RPG elements but does seem good at the same time. Only playing it will tell if I like it though I guess. Got this for $10 as well.

The Witcher 
I was waiting for this to go on sale for a while now. Dunno why I didn't pick this up sooner, I was left out of the loop when it was out and only recently from a friend heard about it I guess is the problem but I almost beat it already! I LOVE it, Everything about this game is so good I look forward to the second one.  Only $5 WOO got a steal on this one!

Gothic 1-3 
From what I heard the Gothic series is pretty good, already jumped into the first one for 8 hours and after you get the hang of it... it really is a GREAT world they created. It shows its age but there are so many pitfalls and ways to die its pretty amazing and frustrating at the same time. They really don't hold your hand, its almost like you are in this perilous world they created. The second looks even better so can't wait to get into that one. I heard a few complaints about the third but still looks good in its own right.I believe it was $11 for all three, which is one heck of a deal for how long they are and the re playability. 

Battlefield Bad Company 2 
Ill admit it, I'm not an FPS computer gamer. Or at least thats what I thought. I really like this one online, been playing it with a few of my friends for a week now when everyone is on and WOW its a blast once we all finally get in the same squad. For $6 I think they did this so I would get Vietnam for the $15 they want for it, and I think I might do that some time soon. 

Amnesia The Dark Descent 
I LOVE a good horror game. This one is in fact the most horrifying game I have ever come across HANDS DOWN. I get exhausted after about 30 minutes of playing due to it being too tense... there I admitted it. 

Of course there were others but those are the main ones I am most happy with on this years sale. It was pretty good if I do say so myself. I really liked the treasure hunt too that went on right before Christmas and hope they do interactive events like that more often.
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Solid pick-ups. My PC can't play any of those damn games >:|

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

My favorites were the Witcher, the Indie Beat Pack, Torchlight, and Company of Heroes.

I also picked up a lot of good games from the GOG.com sale. Temple of Elemental Evil, Icewind Dale, Divine Divinity, Sanitarium, Heroes of Might and Magic III, Arcanum, and Gothic.

I'm so glad sales seasons are over, I have a lot of games to catch up on.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Seedofpower

Brass Monkey is that funky monkey.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

I didn't get anything interesting during the sales, it's too bad. Oh I spend quite a bit, but none of the games I got seem too exciting so far. 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King
@mylifeforAiur said:
" Solid pick-ups. My PC can't play any of those damn games >:| "
Same here. Hell, I doubt it can run the games I got from the Humble Indie Bundle, even though I have a few of them downloaded on my computer.
oliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By oliver

i got way to much im a sucker for a cheap game anno 1404 metro 2033 . super meat boy . and aaaahaahhh .

i

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1e236944295
deactivated-5a1e236944295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I scored tales of monkey island and sam and max season 3.  Loved both, really wanna purchase Back to the Future now.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

This was my grand total at the end of it. Bought a lot of crap I hated or will end up never playing though. Wasn't much left to get on sale that I didn't already have. 

•  $3.75 = Super Meat Boy
  •  $2.49 = Patricians and Merchants Pack
  •  $1.49 = Sniper Elite
  •  $6.24 = Civ 4 Complete Pack
  •  $9.99 = Fear Complete Pack
  •  $0.49 = PB Winterbottom
  •  $0.99 = CivCity Rome
  •  $12.49 = Odd World Pack
  •  $1.99 = MLB 2K10
  •  $5.10 = Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  •  $1.50 = PuzzleQuest Challenge of the Warlords
  •  $5.00 = Aliens vs Preditor
  •  $19.99 = Spore Complete Pack
  •  $7.50 = Patrician IV
  •  $7.49 = Deathspank
  •  $7.50 = Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
  •  $24.99 = Dragon Age Ultimate Edition
  •  $9.99 = Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum
  •  $4.99 = SimCity 4 Deluxe
  •  $7.49 = Global Agenda
  •  $2.50 = Greed Corp
  •  $4.99 = Command and Conquer 4
  •  $4.99 = Far Cry 2: Fortunes Edition
  •  $2.49 = Company of Heroes
  •  $2.99 = Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
  •  $6.24 = Silverfall Complete

$154.66= Total 
 If I could go back in time with some more self control and knowing what all would be on sale, I think I would have just gotten: 

•  $3.75 = Super Meat Boy
  •  $6.24 = Civ 4 Complete Pack
  •  $9.99 = Fear Complete Pack
  •  $0.49 = PB Winterbottom
  •  $1.99 = MLB 2K10
  •  $5.10 = Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  •  $5.00 = Aliens vs Preditor
  •  $19.99 = Spore Complete Pack
  •  $24.99 = Dragon Age Ultimate Edition
  •  $9.99 = Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum
  •  $4.99 = SimCity 4 Deluxe
  •  $4.99 = Command and Conquer 4
  •  $4.99 = Far Cry 2: Fortunes Edition
  •  $2.49 = Company of Heroes
  •  $6.24 = Silverfall Complete
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Jeust
@Video_Game_King said:

" @mylifeforAiur said:

" Solid pick-ups. My PC can't play any of those damn games >:| "
Same here. Hell, I doubt it can run the games I got from the Humble Indie Bundle, even though I have a few of them downloaded on my computer. "
You have to update your chariot Video_Game_King. :p
xerxes8933a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xerxes8933a

I spent 150 US and got 55 games.  Most expensive was New Vegas for 25, but most played so far has been Sid Meiers Railroads for 2 bucks.  Spent around the same last year, and still havn't gotten around to playing half of them.  On the bright side, there's not much left to buy next year.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Legend

I bought a lot of games, buy I've only played a few of them so far. Of the ones I've played, my favorites are Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV, I-Fluid and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

Avatar image for natedestruction
NateDestruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NateDestruction

I picked up VVVVVV in the steam sale and if you're into chiptunes then the soundtrack is incredible!!!

The artist released the OST called PPPPP

zepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By zepp
@crusader8463:  No Puzzle Quest love :(?
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Dangazzm: For Bad Company 2, you can totally invite your friends and start the match in the same squad. You should never have to try or get lucky to get into it. Unless you are playing with more than 3 other people I suppose, since the limit is 4 iirc.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By crusader8463
@zepp said:
" @crusader8463:  No Puzzle Quest love :(? "
I was enjoying it, but after I lost the 5th game in a row when the CPU just had some magic super combo fall in place and get like 10-20 damage I just said fuck this game I'm done. Which is unfortunate, because I enjoy all the trappings of it more then the 2nd one, but I miss how they, for the most part, fixed the above mentioned problem.
fleppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By fleppie

Oh God, I picked up sooo many games during this year's Steam Sale.  

Super Meatboy, already had this on the 360, but you just can't beat 4 euros. Neverwinter Nights 2, already had this one too, but IO basically bought the last expansion for 10 euros. Episodes of Liberty City, to complete the GTA IV already had. The HD version of Munch's Oddysee and Strangers Wrath, the Serious Sam pack, Toca Race Driver 3, the special editions of the Monkey Island games, Killing Floor, The Ball, Fallout goty edition, Crysis: Warhead, Amnesia, Altitude, Spore + expansions & Batman- Goty edition.  

The 2 games I really am happy to have picked up at that price are Darksiders (10 euros!) & Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition (20 euros!) great value for those great games.

velucyraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By velucyraptor
@Dangazzm: Glad to see someone else into Gothic (:
zepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By zepp
@crusader8463:  Oh ya it gets hard, I have yet to beat it. I never played the second one, I guess if what you say is true; improving the game by making it less of a bumfuck at times, than I'm totally down for that.
Dangazzm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dangazzm
@Xeiphyer said:
" @Dangazzm: For Bad Company 2, you can totally invite your friends and start the match in the same squad. You should never have to try or get lucky to get into it. Unless you are playing with more than 3 other people I suppose, since the limit is 4 iirc. "  
Oh Jesus... haha I gotta look into how to do this I was looking for the option and didn't see it. Well this game just got A LOT better then! 
@velucyraptor
said:
" @Dangazzm: Glad to see someone else into Gothic (: "
And I AM LOVING it. Loved Morrowind for the choices but this one has some REAL hardcore consequences like death if you say something wrong to someone. I remember spouting off to the king of the old camp (don't remember his name now) but he got up and smot me on the spot haha! Wish I woulda had this game earlier!
Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

Singularity was totally worth the £10, it should have sold more than it did. 

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By aleryn

You have some solid, great choices there  Dangazzm.  I'm just holding off for a Mass Effect 2 Ultimate Edition on PC. 

Awesome you get to start the series with the PC version of the original Mass Effect.  THAT is what the 360 version probably would have been, if Bioware had more time to optimize it ... or SOMETHING for the system.

Dangazzm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dangazzm
@Buck_Sexington said:
" Singularity was totally worth the £10, it should have sold more than it did.  "
I didn't notice that one... in fact never heard of it. Just watched a review on it though and I AM REALLY interested wish I saw it on sale kind of. The multiplayer looks like a blast, reminds me on L4D competitive mode quite a bit.
Dangazzm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dangazzm
@Aleryn said:
" You have some solid, great choices there  Dangazzm.  I'm just holding off for a Mass Effect 2 Ultimate Edition on PC.  Awesome you get to start the series with the PC version of the original Mass Effect.  THAT is what the 360 version probably would have been, if Bioware had more time to optimize it ... or SOMETHING for the system. "
I didn't know there was anything different in the versions... in that case I am even more satisfied with that game :P 

I don't care for the DLC on Mass Effect, not that I played it. Its just the missions aren't something I would even WANT to do is what I think unless it was free or adds some considerable time in the end or something.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By KaosAngel

SIX DOLLARS FOR BC2 IS THE VERY BEST MONEY I SPENT ON A GAME EVER IN TERMS OF VALUE.  

Everyone who says EA is an evil corporation needs to look at what they did for BC2.

Mr_Pips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mr_Pips

The ones I got were:

• Alien vs. Predator
  • Bad Company 2
  • Burnout Paradise
  • Command & Conquer 3 & 4