Mountain Dew 'Throwback'

eternalmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eternalmatt

Mountain Drink is coming out (is already out?) with a new variation called Throwback.  Whats different here, is they're using real sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup.  Its only going to be made during this summer though, so you better go out there and grab it.
Article: http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/04/22/review-mountain-dew-throwback/

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By sfighter21

There's a Pepsi Throwback as well...look that up yourself, lol.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

This may be a direct response by Pepsi to the rising cost of corn over the last couple of years or so. It would make sense for them to reintroduce a sugar-based product at this time if they thought the price of corn was going to rise even higher and the price of sugar was going to be more stable.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

Hmm...  Weird.  So that's the old Mtn Dew then?

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGremp
JJOR64 said:
"Hmm...  Weird.  So that's the old Mtn Dew then?"
Oh god, don't remind me of that dreadful new label...  "Mtn Dew:...  Blech.

I'll have to try this out.  Mountain Dew is my #1 drink of all time, so I can't pass this up.
Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Eelcire

Sign me up! Hopefully with enough demand they'll keep it around (especially if sugar is more stable in price than corn).

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive

i tried pepsi throwback, not bad. 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

I had a Mountian Dew the other day... I prefer the corn syrup version.

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By erinfizz

Yes, I got one of these from Wal Mart last week. It was OK...I have gotten rather accustomed to hyper-sweet HFCS Mountain Dew. Throwback is VERY different....more citrusy, more bite...reminded me a tiny bit of Squirt.

What is really awesome if you can still find it is Kosher for Passover Coke. Also sweetened with sugar, it tastes and smells like Coke did when I was a kid. I vastly prefer it to regular Coke, and have stocked up accordingly.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

good, i wounder if it will be here. maybe i should try it.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RetroIce4

Saw it at my UDF on the way back to school except it was Pepsi Throwback. They only had 12 packs so I couldn't get it.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Diamond

Ohh I gotta try it!

I really hope we can get rid of HFCS.  It's only because of corn farmers in the US that we have to utilize such a wasteful product.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sfighter21

So, is it true that mtn dew cause testicular shrinkage?  just wondering.  Long-running rumor, even though i never drink it...

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Systech
sfighter21 said:
"So, is it true that mtn dew cause testicular shrinkage?  just wondering.  Long-running rumor, even though i never drink it..."
That's what has been worrying me lately. I stopped drinking it and I'm now using Dr. Pepper as a substitute. It's not like a drank it all the time, though.
MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MisterSpiffy
systech said:
"sfighter21 said:
"So, is it true that mtn dew cause testicular shrinkage?  just wondering.  Long-running rumor, even though i never drink it..."
That's what has been worrying me lately. I stopped drinking it and I'm now using Dr. Pepper as a substitute. It's not like a drank it all the time, though."
It's pretty bad for your teeth, if anything.
erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By erinfizz
sfighter21 said:
Go read here.
sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sfighter21
erinfizz said:
"sfighter21 said:
Go read here. "
Well alright, thanks for the info.  Hope you didn't go out of your way to find that, lol.  But yeah, I don't like mtn dew anyway.  I'm a dp guy myself.
LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LeoMinor

The best thing since Playboy.
The best thing since Playboy.
Pepsi and Mountain Dew 'Throwback'
Pepsi and Mountain Dew 'Throwback'
Well, I picked up both Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback and was pleasantly surprised.  The Pepsi Throwback has a big taste difference compared to what I'm used to.  Not as much "burn" and has a sweet aftertaste.  It's also not as bubbly, which makes it easier to drink.  So if you're too used to the normal Pepsi, you might not like it.

On the other hand, Mountain Dew Throwback is fucking awesome.  Not as syrupy, and a little more citrus.  Smooth and refreshing.  I think it might be real dew that they fly to different mountaintops to collect.  I will stock up on this shit before they stop selling it and I hope Pepsi decides to keep it along side the normal Mountain Dew. 

So the Pepsi Throwback is a nice change, but not really better.  And if Mountain Dew Throwback can't stand alongside the current Mountain Dew, then they need to just replace it with Throwback.  The best things come out of nowhere and until I read this thread, I had no idea this existed.  But it's a nice surprise.  I love this shit.  Now I'm going to do something a little more productive than confess how much I like a new soda on a gaming website.