Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Edited By giyanks22

I saw Benjamin Button yesterday and:

10/10

Summary: An instant Classic- If you loved Forest Gump then you'll love this

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a film that explores a character who finds himself in a situation that's a little more than just "Curious", in fact I would go as far to say that it is almost disgusting, and really absurd, but as you watch the incredible journey that Benjamin takes, you will fall in love with this movie, and realize that the greatest gift of all is life, and this movie exemplifies that.

The story has some very similar plot elements to Forest Gump, which I absolutely loved. They both narrate their life stories; They are both born as outcasts, and there only friends are girls, who both want to be performers, but end up being sluts; They both meet a character who is their "mentor", and introduces them to the rough side of life. They both serve in the military; They both eventually fall in love with their childhood friends; They both have hearts of gold, and they are both characters, who overcome adversity, and live amazing lives.

Brad Pitt stars as Benjamin. A baby born an Old Man, who ages in reverse. He has Elderly features and looks, but he has the mind of a newborn. This is definitely Pitt's best performance. Better than any of the Oceans...better than Troy, better than Burn After Reading..his best. Pitt creates this character that has a heart of gold, that you can't help falling in love with. Pitt nails the southern accent, and does an excellent job giving Button a very slow speech pattern, which really allows you to take in some of the excellent lines. Pitt will get nominated for an academy award, because he was excellent as Button.

Cate Blanchette, next to Merryl Streep, is the best actress out there. Blanchette has done a Russian accent already this year, and now she tackles the Red-Neck Southern accent, and she nails it. She didn't miss a single line. It was amazing to listen to, because you would never realize she was British. Blanchette will get an Oscar Nomination for another amazing performance.

The most amazing part of this movie is the makeup and the costumes. Benjamin Button is aged through CGI, but Daisy (Blanchette's character), Queenie (Benjamin's surrogate mother), and all the other actors age amazingly, through the excellent makeup. The costumes are incredible, and it gives this movie a classic look, because the movie takes place over several different time periods.

David Fincher is an amazing director. He completely nails each period. From the common appliances in the house, to the cars, the outfits, the way that people spoke...everything is extremely precise, and takes true to the time period. The one violent scene involving a Japanese submarine, is one of the most amazing sequences I've ever seen in any movie. Fincher also does a very good job of pausing the story to go back to the reader of the story, and create a whole other side to the story from the reader's perspective. Fincher just does an incredible job.

Eric Roth's script is worthy of an Academy Award, because of how well he creates the dialog coming from Benjamin, a character, who finds himself in this crazy dilemma. I really was amazed by how interesting the script was, and how well it kept me glued to the screen, even though the movie was Two hours and Forty Five minutes.

This is possibly the best movie of 2008...maybe not my favorite, but possibly the best. A must see!!!

Yeah, so I liked it....

Here's my MK vs. DC impressions
Great controls
Great characters
Boring campaigns, but the best of any fighting games in 2008
Frusturating issues in Kombo Challenge
Good multiplayer
The best fighter of 2008...

Yeah, so yeah. I liked both things. I think I've beaten every COD WAW mission on veteran, so I'm playing some Gears 2 right now. The campaign to be exact...If anyone wants to co-op through it with me, so I can get the 10 Co-op mission achievement, and enjoy killing locusts then send me a msg on either GB or XBL.
I get Fallout 3 next weekend along with LOTR Conquest...

Happy gaming
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By giyanks22

I saw Benjamin Button yesterday and:

10/10

Summary: An instant Classic- If you loved Forest Gump then you'll love this

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a film that explores a character who finds himself in a situation that's a little more than just "Curious", in fact I would go as far to say that it is almost disgusting, and really absurd, but as you watch the incredible journey that Benjamin takes, you will fall in love with this movie, and realize that the greatest gift of all is life, and this movie exemplifies that.

The story has some very similar plot elements to Forest Gump, which I absolutely loved. They both narrate their life stories; They are both born as outcasts, and there only friends are girls, who both want to be performers, but end up being sluts; They both meet a character who is their "mentor", and introduces them to the rough side of life. They both serve in the military; They both eventually fall in love with their childhood friends; They both have hearts of gold, and they are both characters, who overcome adversity, and live amazing lives.

Brad Pitt stars as Benjamin. A baby born an Old Man, who ages in reverse. He has Elderly features and looks, but he has the mind of a newborn. This is definitely Pitt's best performance. Better than any of the Oceans...better than Troy, better than Burn After Reading..his best. Pitt creates this character that has a heart of gold, that you can't help falling in love with. Pitt nails the southern accent, and does an excellent job giving Button a very slow speech pattern, which really allows you to take in some of the excellent lines. Pitt will get nominated for an academy award, because he was excellent as Button.

Cate Blanchette, next to Merryl Streep, is the best actress out there. Blanchette has done a Russian accent already this year, and now she tackles the Red-Neck Southern accent, and she nails it. She didn't miss a single line. It was amazing to listen to, because you would never realize she was British. Blanchette will get an Oscar Nomination for another amazing performance.

The most amazing part of this movie is the makeup and the costumes. Benjamin Button is aged through CGI, but Daisy (Blanchette's character), Queenie (Benjamin's surrogate mother), and all the other actors age amazingly, through the excellent makeup. The costumes are incredible, and it gives this movie a classic look, because the movie takes place over several different time periods.

David Fincher is an amazing director. He completely nails each period. From the common appliances in the house, to the cars, the outfits, the way that people spoke...everything is extremely precise, and takes true to the time period. The one violent scene involving a Japanese submarine, is one of the most amazing sequences I've ever seen in any movie. Fincher also does a very good job of pausing the story to go back to the reader of the story, and create a whole other side to the story from the reader's perspective. Fincher just does an incredible job.

Eric Roth's script is worthy of an Academy Award, because of how well he creates the dialog coming from Benjamin, a character, who finds himself in this crazy dilemma. I really was amazed by how interesting the script was, and how well it kept me glued to the screen, even though the movie was Two hours and Forty Five minutes.

This is possibly the best movie of 2008...maybe not my favorite, but possibly the best. A must see!!!

Yeah, so I liked it....

Here's my MK vs. DC impressions
Great controls
Great characters
Boring campaigns, but the best of any fighting games in 2008
Frusturating issues in Kombo Challenge
Good multiplayer
The best fighter of 2008...

Yeah, so yeah. I liked both things. I think I've beaten every COD WAW mission on veteran, so I'm playing some Gears 2 right now. The campaign to be exact...If anyone wants to co-op through it with me, so I can get the 10 Co-op mission achievement, and enjoy killing locusts then send me a msg on either GB or XBL.
I get Fallout 3 next weekend along with LOTR Conquest...

Happy gaming
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

Has there been any movie that you've seen in the last year that you haven't given a 10/10?

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By giyanks22

Indiana Jones 4, Yes Man, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Hellboy II, The Incredible Hulk, Get Smart, Australia I meant to give a 9/10, but I clicked 10/10. It's just recently there've been so many good movies, that it's hard not to give them a 10. Gran Torino, Benjamin Button, and a lot of other movies that are out now, are all Oscar worthy movies, so it isn't wrong to give them a 10 if you truly believe they deserve a 10. Ben Button will probably win best Picture, or the fag movie Milk.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By giyanks22

And Quantum of Solace I gave a 7/10

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Gizmo

I had a 1 week directing course by the assistant director of Australia last summer.

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Duke_Lion

Wtf Quantum is tight.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Optiow
giyanks22 said:
"Indiana Jones 4, Yes Man, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Hellboy II, The Incredible Hulk, Get Smart, Australia I meant to give a 9/10, but I clicked 10/10. It's just recently there've been so many good movies, that it's hard not to give them a 10. Gran Torino, Benjamin Button, and a lot of other movies that are out now, are all Oscar worthy movies, so it isn't wrong to give them a 10 if you truly believe they deserve a 10. Ben Button will probably win best Picture, or the fag movie Milk."
You did not gave a 10/10 to indiana jones!?
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By giyanks22

The ending sucked in Indiana Jones. It was George Lucas' way of saying that Technology has advanced since the last Star Wars. The movie was good, but the ending fucked it all up.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By gearhead

Ok, Australia, Center of Earth, Indiana, and Yes Man are not 9, maybe an eight.
Though your ten for Benjamin Buttons is spot on. Good job.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By giyanks22

Yes man was more like a 6 or 7. Australia was a 9. Center was a 7 Indy was a 7-8 
Button is a 10. Thanks...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince
giyanks22 said:
"And Quantum of Solace I gave a 7/10"

Blasphemy.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fr0br0

Well I just watched Benjamin Buttons and I completely understand and agree with your 10/10.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13  Edited By c1337us

You would never realise she was British (Catre Blanchette that is) because she is from Australia.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By The_Dude

Button was not THAT good, I would say an 8 or so.