Muammar Gaddafi killed in Sirte

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By fattony12000

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/20/us-libya-idUSTRE79F1FK20111020

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15387872

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12527685

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15390980

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/middle-east-live/2011/oct/20/syria-libya-middle-east-unrest-live

Found alive in a concrete storm drain, beaten, shot at, slung into the back of a pickup truck, and then his body was taken to Misrata. His son and heir, Saif al-Islam, was not with him at the time.

"One description, pieced together from various sources, suggests Gaddafi tried to break out of his final redoubt at dawn in a convoy of vehicles after weeks of dogged resistance.

However, he was stopped by a French air strike and captured, possibly some hours later, after gun battles with NTC fighters who found him hiding in a drainage culvert.

NATO said its warplanes fired on a convoy near Sirte about 8:30 a.m. (2:30 a.m. ET), striking two military vehicles in the group, but could not confirm that Gaddafi had been a passenger. France later said its jets had halted the convoy, which was comprised of some 80 vehicles.

Libyan television carried video of two drainage pipes, about a meter across, where it said fighters had cornered a man who long inspired both fear and admiration around the world." - reuters.com

"Col Gaddafi and a handful of men managed to escape and sought refuge in two large, nearby drainage pipes filled with rubbish. Rebel forces then closed in. Fighter Salem Bakeer told Reuters: "At first we fired at them with anti-aircraft guns, but it was no use."Then we went in on foot. One of Gaddafi's men came out waving his rifle in the air... as soon as he saw my face he started shooting at me."I think Gaddafi must have told them to stop. 'My master is here, my master is here', he said, 'Muammar Gaddafi is here and he is wounded'".

Col Gaddafi was initially captured, with serious injuries, at around noon on Thursday. The al-Jazeera news channel broadcast footage showing the dazed and wounded Col Gaddafi gesticulating while being man-handled by rebel fighters. The chain of events which unfolded next remains unclear. Mahmoud Jibril, the NTC prime minister, told journalists that a "forensic report" had concluded that the colonel had died from bullet wounds. Mr Jibril said NTC forces had captured the colonel, who had put up no resistance, and driven him away.

"When the car was moving it was caught in crossfire between the revolutionaries and Gaddafi forces in which he was hit by a bullet in the head," said Mr Jibril, quoting from the report."The forensic doctor could not tell if it came from the revolutionaries or from Gaddafi's forces."

According to Mr Jibril, the colonel died just minutes away from hospital." - bbc.co.uk

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Gaddafi's golden pistol was brandished by the crowd
Gaddafi's golden pistol was brandished by the crowd

Graphic footage below, please be aware.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Still_I_Cry

And the world was a better place?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds unlikely, why was he alone and hiding in a storm drain? And why the hell was he still in Sirte, I would have fled the country long ago if I was him.

I mean the man has spent tons of money hiring African mercenaries to fight for him, why the hell was he just hiding in the most obvious place in his world, his hometown?

With that said though, it is certainly good for them that they finally got him, then peace might come to Libya...

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PeasantAbuse

OK Libya, now comes the hard part.

Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Witzig

@Still_I_Cry said:

And the world was a better place?

I doubt it all those mercs will looking for work now seeing that thier employer is dead. I would expect a large African conflict in the 5 next years.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fajita_Jim

The despots are dropping like flies.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hear he had a golden gun with him when they got him.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Dying in a drain pipe seems appropriate.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@hidys: Gaddafi Bond?

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By soldierg654342

@Village_Guy said:

That sounds unlikely, why was he alone and hiding in a storm drain? And why the hell was he still in Sirte, I would have fled the country long ago if I was him.

I mean the man has spent tons of money hiring African mercenaries to fight for him, why the hell was he just hiding in the most obvious place in his world, his hometown?

With that said though, it is certainly good for them that they finally got him, then peace might come to Libya...

He's said on several occasions that he was born in Libya and will die in Libya. Unlike most people, he seemed crazy enough to stick by those words.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Wow, that's a pretty awesome pistol.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By toowalrus

Hmm. Too bad, I was kinda hoping they'd capture him alive, Saddam style. He was an interesting dude, I would have liked to hear what he had to say.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Still_I_Cry: This needs to be a photoshop.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Animasta

@SoldierG654342 said:

@Village_Guy said:

He's said on several occasions that he was born in Libya and will die in Lybia. Unlike most people, he seemed crazy enough to stick by those words.

wait, he died in libya; not lybia.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tekmojo

I love dead bad guys.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Contro

A death in a drain seems fitting somehow.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oatz

R.I.P. the king of pop 1942-2011

JDillinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JDillinger

@Village_Guy: Saddam was captured in his hometown.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ryanwho

But what of his sexy nurses and sexy bodyguards? Don't tell me the sexy bodyguards dropped the ball?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By McShank

@ryanwho said:

But what of his sexy nurses and sexy bodyguards? Don't tell me the sexy bodyguards dropped the ball?

WE Must find them sexy bodyguards! We need sexy bodyguards for all! Forget Gaddafi!

Natesaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Natesaint

I like how the citizens are just as insane as he was, yet somehow they can't see that. "Look at my shaky camera we are all going crazeee over here! We killed the bastard for realsies!"

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tekmojo

@dudeglove said:

Gee great, we can post videos of dead bodies being trampled on GB.

Every news organization and your mother has seen and posted the videos, a murderer's face of death shall be shown to the world.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Edit: My language was too rough, so, edit!

Avatar image for shineichimaesendo
Shineichimaesendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Village_Guy said:

Amnesty International crisis researcher Donatella Rovera on the issue of ‘African Mercenaries’;

We examined this issue in depth and found no evidence. The rebels spread these rumours everywhere, which had terrible consequences for African guest workers: there was a systematic hunt for migrants, some were lynched and many arrested. Since then, even the rebels have admitted there were no mercenaries, almost all have been released and have returned to their countries of origin, as the investigations into them revealed nothing.
NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NegativeCero

Good riddance. Now hopefully the election they plan goes on without a hitch...

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By rjaylee

@AhmadMetallic said:

It just doesn't feel right! Arabs have always been weak corrupt pussies, constantly devolving, too busy fucking each other in the ass to unite against anyone, we ENJOY it. Suddenly after thousands of years we're taking down all these dictators.. I'm still surprised.

I find this highly offensive, and I request direct action from a moderator to suspend/ban/enforce.

I'd simply flag if I could, but I get the message that I cannot flag any posts.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By FCKSNAP

@heatDrive88 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

It just doesn't feel right! Arabs have always been weak corrupt pussies, constantly devolving, too busy fucking each other in the ass to unite against anyone, we ENJOY it. Suddenly after thousands of years we're taking down all these dictators.. I'm still surprised.

I find this highly offensive, and I request direct action from a moderator to suspend/ban/enforce.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ImpendingFoil

Finally, Doc Brown can now rest easy knowing the Libyans will no longer be looking for him because of that whole bomb made of pinball parts incident.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Snapstacle said:

@heatDrive88 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Hmm, you find it offensive as an arab or just because it sounds offensive? 

I'm an arab, we always talk about our race like that, we actually make jokes about how shitty we are (it's true), so I'm used to talking like that since it's considered OK... But if you as a foreigner find it offensive for me as an arab to diss arabs, though it's actually a rather traditional way of speech for an arab to diss his own, then.. I'm not really sure whether or not you have the right to be offended. 

Look into the Arab lifestyle and traditions and sayings and speech and all that, you'll find that it's fairly normal for an Arab to speak ill of his own. We simply know how crappy we are, believe it or not. So if any arab reads what I'm saying they'd probably laugh, or agree, or disagree and argue otherwise but in a total "you have a socially acceptable point of view" kind of approach.
rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rjaylee

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Snapstacle said:

@heatDrive88 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Hmm, you find it offensive as an arab or just because it sounds offensive? I'm an arab, we always talk about our race like that, we actually make jokes about how shitty we are (it's true), so I'm used to talking like that since it's considered OK... But if you as a foreigner find it offensive for me as an arab to diss arabs, though it's actually a rather traditional way of speech for an arab to diss his own, then.. I'm not really sure whether or not you have the right to be offended. Look into the Arab lifestyle and traditions and sayings and speech and all that, you'll find that it's fairly normal for an Arab to speak ill of his own. We simply know how crappy we are, believe it or not. So if any arab reads what I'm saying they'd probably laugh, or agree, or disagree and argue otherwise but in a total "you have a socially acceptable point of view" kind of approach.

I don't care what you say. I'm highly offended. I have many close friends of Arab background/origin. Stop being ridiculous, and keep your negativity, regardless of your race, up your own ass where it belongs.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@heatDrive88:  20 bucks says if you have your friends read what I said, they wouldn't mind it because it's practically the norm among Arabs. So shove your offended act up your pretentious ass.
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Well, i don't care if it's fucking Hitler (well ok, maybe i would make an exception in his case), but i don't celebrate the deaths of others, no matter how evil or despotic they were. So rest in peace, the dude that had bad ass bodyguards completely made up of hot chicks. That guy was living the dream.
@AhmadMetallic
In all fairness that was kind of offensive.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EuanDewar

@AhmadMetallic said:

@heatDrive88: 20 bucks says if you have your friends read what I said, they wouldn't mind it because it's practically the norm among Arabs. So shove your offended act up your pretentious ass.

Yeah, I get that your knowledge of social conventions mostly comes from videogame forums but, dude, come on.

That's really effin' offensive. Flagged.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rjaylee

@AhmadMetallic said:

@heatDrive88: 20 bucks says if you have your friends read what I said, they wouldn't mind it because it's practically the norm among Arabs. So shove your offended act up your pretentious ass.

You now owe me $20. If we're going by a per friends basis on who I read it to where I am, you'd owe me $40. The tone and context of your posts is not appreciated, nor is it welcome.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AhmadMetallic

This is how we talk here and this is, like I said, the norm. If I'm sitting with other Arab dudes from my community and someone talks like that, it'd be so acceptable and recycled that we don't think about it anymore.  
 But seeing as you on a foreign forum find the language offensive, sure I'll remove that post. 

Edit: Just as an FYI for you guys, this is how the entire nation speaks. We practically have TV shows where part of the dialogue between the characters is speaking ill of our race. It's 100% socially acceptable (Arabs living in foreign countries don't count because they've acquired sensitive standards and a sensitive lifestyle). The more you know! 

Last year during Ramadan (it's like the hot TV show season) there was an entire episodic sitcom-ish show from Syria where two bums are sitting in a ruin and discussing politics, and always ending up with the same conclusion: Us arabs will never move forward.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I heard he got dragged around by a car (dead or alive don't matter), that's just plain wrong.

People are horrible despicable creatures.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@AhmadMetallic: Well yeah, but these guys don't know you.  If someone started insulting me for my nationality/ethnicity, even if it was my best friend doing it in a joking manner, I'd still be pissed.
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jack268
@TheDudeOfGaming: Because you grew up here, where that isn't the norm. If you lived in a country where everyone talks shit since you were a child, you wouldn't have the same view.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Motherfucker had it coming. Now quick, give me a wall of text telling me why I am the worst person in the world for thinking so. And why I'm dumb. Don't forget that.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By rjaylee

@AhmadMetallic said:

This is how we talk here and this is, like I said, the norm. If I'm sitting with other Arab dudes from my community and someone talks like that, it'd be so acceptable and recycled that we don't think about it anymore. But seeing as you on a foreign forum find the language offensive, sure I'll remove that post.

That is completely not the point. You may find it the norm to speak that way to your fellow man where you live, but that is not how you communicate here, on these boards, in this context, and in this community with anyone.

Have some dignity and respect for yourself and your comments. Your ignorance and your attitude has already been noted, regardless of the removal of your offensiveness.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By N7

BatmanBatmanBatman.com has lost a hero and a savior today.

Forever to be remembered in our dreams, his accomplishments will never go unnoticed. Goodnight, sweet prince. Rest in Peace Muammar Gaddafi, the "Libyan Batman".

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

As much as I hate locking threads on topical news events, I'm doing that to this one. Half of the posts are arguing over the language and offensiveness of one specific post, the other half are slightly crass jokes. I don't see any constructive discussion going on, and thus there is little reason to keep it open.