Music nowadays....

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By baconbits33

Over the years music has changed, from the time of elvis to the damn dirty hippies, to Micheal Jackson, to hip/hop. But if you notice that nowadays music styles have changed, there isn't one dominating kind of style anymore. It's more like there are factions of styles ranging from emo rock to gang wannabe's. And beyond all this for me Music is awesome, especially when your kicking ass on Halo to Funeral for a Friend tune. 

What I'm saying is what's your favirote style of music and your favirote band?

Rock, favirote band: Smile Empty Soul.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iam3green

yes, music has changed through out the years. now in days it's kind of all computerized to make music. more and more people are listening to hip hop and rap. i still listen to metal and rock all the time.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

I disagree about there not being a dominating style. The majority of the population seems to listen to crappy hip hop and rap and lame R&B where the "singer" has to computerize their voice so it sounds better. I listen to rock

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@natetodamax said:
" I disagree about there not being a dominating style. The majority of the population seems to listen to crappy hip hop and rap and lame R&B where the "singer" has to computerize their voice so it sounds better. I listen to rock "
This, all of those songs now-a-days has that weird echo computerized thing.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CL60

Yeah, most songs have weird robot voices or echo things or the clearly can't sing what so ever and they just fake it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

I'm really into Van Halen. Oh, new music? Most rock seems pretty indistinguishable from one another to me nowadays. That new Franz Ferdinand album was pretty good...

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Bruce
@TheMustacheHero: 

Auto-Tune...famously used by Cher's "Believe" and (Then used well) by Daft Punk in the song "One More Time". 

The effect is becoming way over-saturated, but people keep buying the songs that use it, so don't expect to see it going away. To the thread, I'm honestly a little irritated with these threads where we all say our favorite bands + genres...I just feel like I've done it fifty times already, in addition to what I already to in my own blog. 

But yeah...once more, INDIE (Which is an umbrella term for obscure music by lesser-known artists) Favorite artist: St. Vincent.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I was almost certain this post would be condemning modern music, but I was thankfully proven wrong. 

I feel like the dominating genre today is hip-hop. It seems like that genre dominates most of the different charts.

Elseey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Elseey

I listen to a lot of A Tribe Called Quest.  Rap today just isnt as good as it was in the 90's and late 80's

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#10  Edited By citizenkane

Hip-Hop is pretty much dominating music right now.

mrquiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrquiggles

i disagree its just main stream rap which has become really crappy but there are still really good rappers that don't auto tune

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By EVO
@baconbits33 said:

" what's your favirote style of music "

"Today on this program you will hear gospel, and rhythm and blues, and jazz. All those are just labels. We know that music is music."
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

All of this autotune stuff was just a trend started by Cher. It was never intended to manipulate a voice to that extent. Originally, autotune was being used by a myriad of artists just in an attempt to keep in tune to the music. It just got a bit out of hand. With that said, hip-hop is by no means a crap genre. There are just so many garbage artists mucking it up that people can't find the really great songs. Rock is my favorite general genre and it sounds better because the songs are more varied than hip-hop where nearly every popular song seems to have the same rehashed drum loop and synths. Getting more specific, I might say that I prefer metal to most other sub-genres.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EvilTwin

^ Misused "myriad".

Also, we have way too many favorite artist/genre of music threads lately as Bruce noted.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Gunner

I listen to a bunch of genre's. But if i were to limit it down to one i would say that i mostly listen to punk (90's punk if you want to be a douche about it). My favorite band almost constantly changes depending on my mood and what new music im discovering. So im not going to list it.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Vonocourt
@EvilTwin: 

"Recent criticism of the use of myriad as a noun, both in the plural form myriads and in the phrase a myriad of, seems to reflect a mistaken belief that the word was originally and is still properly only an adjective. "- M-W.com

Ehhh, I guess I'll just say Rock. My favorite band being Melvins.

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Qorious

I enjoy pretty much any style that's not country (with the exception for Taylor Swift), and whatever sounds good I'll listen to. I do tend to lean towards R&B though.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CL60

Mainstream music these days is just garbage that kids think is super amazing. There I said it!

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EvilTwin

Well don't I look like a douche?  It still sounds better as an adjective.

jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jonnyp
@CL60 said:
" Mainstream music these days is just garbage that kids think is super amazing. There I said it! "
I generally agree with this sentiment. 

Also, the new Propahandhi album is pretty amazing if your into that kind of scene.  The new Doves is decent and I'm always listening to some At the Drive-In or Sparta.  But man I am tired of cheesy rap music.  I love computers, but not all music should be made on one.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TwoOneFive

anyone using auto-tuning doesn't deserve a pay-check.  

i agree the most popular music is garbage though.  

i mean, look what happened to country music these days. its basically crappy pop that a person sings with a southern accent and theres a fiddle in the background.