MY PS3 IS NOT PLAYING BLU-RAY DISCS ITS PLAYED BEFORE

mr_milli23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By mr_milli23

MY ps3 is playing games fine, but when i put in any blu ray discs the i have used before and have worked fine no longer load up.
the screen just stays black and doesnt do anything. HELPPPP!!!?????

mr_milli23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mr_milli23

MY ps3 is playing games fine, but when i put in any blu ray discs the i have used before and have worked fine no longer load up.
the screen just stays black and doesnt do anything. HELPPPP!!!?????

mr_milli23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mr_milli23

No its not the Blu Ray settings. discs that i have watched before like a week ago are not loading up.
when i eject the disc and normally after a couple seconds the home screen will load up. well its just stayin frozen in black.
This is complete bullshit ive had the system for a couple of months. and yes and my discs are cleaned. if anyone has any tips for me,
or with what i should do please let me know.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

Do games and DVDs still play?

I found this on the web...

Grendel59:"hello all, I have a problem and I'm hoping you chaps can help me. Today I turned on my ps3 (or rather my wife did) to watch a movie and all we got was a black screen. The ps3 will eject the dvd and the on/off button works and is still blue. I'm at a lost. I've unplugged everything and put them back in and still no luck. Any information would be great."
Plasma-1080P-FullHD:"it happen to my buddy's ps 3. try to reset the ps3 if not than it must be hardware malfunction. most likely the RSX chip the video"
Grendel59: "chaps thanks a million, I tried your suggestions and it worked like a charm. You guys are great."

More info here

I once had a problem where there would be an image but no sound.  I found that reversing my HDMI cable worked to restore the sound. I wrote about it in a blog here on GB.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Call Sony Support?

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kashif1

clean the disc, it might just be a smudge.  always clean the disc if it doesn't work, if it still doesn't work than call sony