My Review for Australia..

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Edited By giyanks22

So I saw Australia over the weekend, and here's my review for it.
Also four days till I get Gears 2 and COD WAW

Epic in every sense of the word...

"I laughed, I cried, it became a part of me." No phrase could better describe the epic masterpiece Raz Luhrman has created with Australia.

Set in the time before Pacific World War II, Australia has one of the deepest and richest plots I've ever seen in a movie. Luhrman has really outdone himself with this script. The story is very long, but at no point do you ever feel that it is dragging, or that a dialogue sequence was utterly boring. Instead you become immersed in this "Pre-World War II" society of a people who have not been looked at too much during this period.

The Cast is star studded, and every actor gives amazing performances. Nicole Kidman does an excellent job as Lady Sarah Ashley, and gives you very clear picture of the average aristocratic British Woman. Hugh Jackman is great as Drover, and brings the perfect rugged and gritty feel to his character. My Oscar for this movie, though, goes to David Wenhem (Faramir from Lord of the Rings),for his amazing job has the villain Neil Fletcher. Wenhem gives a brilliant performance as Fletcher, and just portrays a very selfish, and self centered man, who's only purpose is to advance his own initiative.

Australia should win an Oscar for Visual Effects or Cinematography, because it is absolutely gorgeous. The Australian Desert looks so vibrant and alive, yet dead at the same time. During the Japanese bombing of Darwin, you are just caught up in this emotional struggle, and you cannot help, but get goosebumps as the bombs are dropping around you, and you see people being blown to shreds, yet Raz Lurhman makes it seem so beautiful and Epic at the same time.

This movie is very long. Clocking in at 2 hours and thirty-five minutes, but at no point do you want it to end. A great strength to the movie is that when you think it's over, it isn't. The story continues on with a great plot twist that just keeps you engrossed in the story, and on the edge of your seat, wondering what will happen next.

The greatest strength to this movie is the many great messages it has. From Racism, to not seeking revenge, to a mother's love for her son, to the love shared between a husband and wife, and the greatest message of all is transformation. The movie gives all of these great themes and messages plenty of time to develop, and just really makes you feel for what these characters went through.

Weird at times, but very entertaining, and epic, I would highly recommend Australia for anyone who appreciates a Masterpiece.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By giyanks22

So I saw Australia over the weekend, and here's my review for it.
Also four days till I get Gears 2 and COD WAW

Epic in every sense of the word...

"I laughed, I cried, it became a part of me." No phrase could better describe the epic masterpiece Raz Luhrman has created with Australia.

Set in the time before Pacific World War II, Australia has one of the deepest and richest plots I've ever seen in a movie. Luhrman has really outdone himself with this script. The story is very long, but at no point do you ever feel that it is dragging, or that a dialogue sequence was utterly boring. Instead you become immersed in this "Pre-World War II" society of a people who have not been looked at too much during this period.

The Cast is star studded, and every actor gives amazing performances. Nicole Kidman does an excellent job as Lady Sarah Ashley, and gives you very clear picture of the average aristocratic British Woman. Hugh Jackman is great as Drover, and brings the perfect rugged and gritty feel to his character. My Oscar for this movie, though, goes to David Wenhem (Faramir from Lord of the Rings),for his amazing job has the villain Neil Fletcher. Wenhem gives a brilliant performance as Fletcher, and just portrays a very selfish, and self centered man, who's only purpose is to advance his own initiative.

Australia should win an Oscar for Visual Effects or Cinematography, because it is absolutely gorgeous. The Australian Desert looks so vibrant and alive, yet dead at the same time. During the Japanese bombing of Darwin, you are just caught up in this emotional struggle, and you cannot help, but get goosebumps as the bombs are dropping around you, and you see people being blown to shreds, yet Raz Lurhman makes it seem so beautiful and Epic at the same time.

This movie is very long. Clocking in at 2 hours and thirty-five minutes, but at no point do you want it to end. A great strength to the movie is that when you think it's over, it isn't. The story continues on with a great plot twist that just keeps you engrossed in the story, and on the edge of your seat, wondering what will happen next.

The greatest strength to this movie is the many great messages it has. From Racism, to not seeking revenge, to a mother's love for her son, to the love shared between a husband and wife, and the greatest message of all is transformation. The movie gives all of these great themes and messages plenty of time to develop, and just really makes you feel for what these characters went through.

Weird at times, but very entertaining, and epic, I would highly recommend Australia for anyone who appreciates a Masterpiece.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Good to know, I've always wanted to go there.

On the other hand, I give Kuwait 2 stars for the smell.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rowr

This movie is also your best bet for bare breasted cattle droving.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By giyanks22

lol....at both...., but seriously I highly reccomend it.

themovi3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By themovi3nut

Well you must be the first American I have heard who has given it a positive review (you are American aren't you??).  I suppose it's good that someone likes it, me personnally I might rent it on DVD but to be honest it seems like a total disaster given that it's barely made 55 Million.  Another waste of tax payers money.....

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rowr

yeh kind of a bummer it failed so hard at box office.

If your going to put our countries name on a movie you best make it fucking awesome.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By SSbabel

I here its just shit all round.

themovi3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By themovi3nut

I wish it wasn't called Australia, it's just an excuse for people to try and take the piss out of us not that anyone would care

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I thought you were going to review the country of Australia.

Well, I'm disappointed.