My summer vacation is about to come to an end.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

Well, school/college will start on Monday, Aug. 24th for me, and I’m not really too excited about going. I got my books today, and frankly I’m terrified of accounting now because I hate anything regarding math. I haven’t had anything regarding math for 2 whole years. I didn’t take calculus in my senior year of high school, and in my first year of college I didn’t do anything in math because I was catching up in English and learning business concepts. All my other subjects should be fine and doable, but accounting is intimidating at this point. Anyways, here is a picture of my books so you all can see them. I’m taking 12 credits this semester = 4 classes, and the semester will end Dec. 11th.

College Books for this semester.

The two books on the bottom are both the dreaded accounting books that I’ll be learning from. One is a text book, and one is a work book for accounting. I’ll be taking business law this semester, and the book for it is above the two accounting books. Looking out/looking in is an oral communications book, and it’ll help me a little with speaking in front of people and more. The very top book is the human recourses book, and I’m quite excited to get into it because I think that it might be fun.

I’m looking forward to see some familiar faces again. I already know two of my instructors because I had them before for something else, and I like them. I’m hoping that I’ll see some friends again, because every semester the classes change, and you never know who you will see.

As far as gaming goes, I've been going casual. I've been enjoying Wii Sports Resort and Bust-A-Move Plus! I don't want to get into anything hardcore because I'll want to finish the game. Cough -- Majora's Mask, Secret of Mana, Pikmin -- Cough. Also, I'll probably get The Sims 3, the game I've been pining over, around Christmas time.

Well, thanks for reading my boring blog about me going back to college. As time as winding up for me to go to college, I won't be on Giantbomb as much as I want to, but such as life. College does have to come first and before anything else. If you all got anything to say, add or ask, I’m  around. See you all later, and until next time my fellow Giantbombers!

-Ty

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tireyo

Well, school/college will start on Monday, Aug. 24th for me, and I’m not really too excited about going. I got my books today, and frankly I’m terrified of accounting now because I hate anything regarding math. I haven’t had anything regarding math for 2 whole years. I didn’t take calculus in my senior year of high school, and in my first year of college I didn’t do anything in math because I was catching up in English and learning business concepts. All my other subjects should be fine and doable, but accounting is intimidating at this point. Anyways, here is a picture of my books so you all can see them. I’m taking 12 credits this semester = 4 classes, and the semester will end Dec. 11th.

The two books on the bottom are both the dreaded accounting books that I’ll be learning from. One is a text book, and one is a work book for accounting. I’ll be taking business law this semester, and the book for it is above the two accounting books. Looking out/looking in is an oral communications book, and it’ll help me a little with speaking in front of people and more. The very top book is the human recourses book, and I’m quite excited to get into it because I think that it might be fun.

I’m looking forward to see some familiar faces again. I already know two of my instructors because I had them before for something else, and I like them. I’m hoping that I’ll see some friends again, because every semester the classes change, and you never know who you will see.

As far as gaming goes, I've been going casual. I've been enjoying Wii Sports Resort and Bust-A-Move Plus! I don't want to get into anything hardcore because I'll want to finish the game. Cough -- Majora's Mask, Secret of Mana, Pikmin -- Cough. Also, I'll probably get The Sims 3, the game I've been pining over, around Christmas time.

Well, thanks for reading my boring blog about me going back to college. As time as winding up for me to go to college, I won't be on Giantbomb as much as I want to, but such as life. College does have to come first and before anything else. If you all got anything to say, add or ask, I’m  around. See you all later, and until next time my fellow Giantbombers!

-Ty

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

My college starts September 24th I believe, so for that I'm thankful.    :P

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

Ah Business School...I take MBA classes.  

Accounting is fun.  17/22 kids failed Advance Accounting II in Spring 09...hence why we all took it again in Summer and got our graduation deadline pushed 1 semester.  Have fun kid!

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By gingertastic_10

Best of luck in college. I've lost all free time since school started.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tireyo
@KaosAngel said:
" Ah Business School...I take MBA classes.    Accounting is fun.  17/22 kids failed Advance Accounting II in Spring 09...hence why we all took it again in Summer and got our graduation deadline pushed 1 semester.  Have fun kid! "
great. : - /

@JJWeatherman said:
" My college starts September 24th I believe, so for that I'm thankful.    :P "

September 24th? Wow, that quite a late start.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By sjschmidt93

I started back today. 

Only High School though.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tireyo
@SJSchmidt93 said:

" I started back today.  Only High School though. "

High school is hard too. You can't say it isn't. If it isn't the homework that bugs you, there is always something else that gets in the way. : - P

@gingertastic_10 said:
" Best of luck in college. I've lost all free time since school started. "

Thanks. :)
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Good luck man!

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tireyo
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
"

Good luck man!

"
Thank you. :)
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By iam3green

u have one more week until school starts. have fun with the math stuff. i think that it is all easy stuff like adding and subtracting. my parents are both accountants. over the summer i've been working at my dad's work delivering mail. i see him sometimes and come and chill with him.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By breadfan

I start college September 9th, I'm kinda of excited yet freaked out at the same time.

I took an accounting class last year in high school and I learned some good things that can be applied outside of working as an accountant, but I absolutely hate math so I am taking as little math in college as I can

Good luck!

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By Damian

Good luck! It's easy to fall in and out of practice with math. You'll catch up. Don't let the books scare you. You're bigger than them :P

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am glad that I left math behind last year. I'm going into senior year of HS and I'll never have to take the subject again. Everyone groans about how they hate math, but goddamn, I really hated that subject. I would try to grasp all the formulas and understand where to put the numbers but I just couldn't get it.

But good luck to you. Accounting is a good field if you ever decide to go into it. I have a few friends who are looking to go that route.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tireyo
@iam3green said:
" u have one more week until school starts. have fun with the math stuff. i think that it is all easy stuff like adding and subtracting. my parents are both accountants. over the summer i've been working at my dad's work delivering mail. i see him sometimes and come and chill with him. "
 I'm trying to have that idea of easy adding and subtracting stuff, but the size of the book overruled. : - P

@Br3adfan said:
" I start college September 9th, I'm kinda of excited yet freaked out at the same time.  I took an accounting class last year in high school and I learned some good things that can be applied outside of working as an accountant, but I absolutely hate math so I am taking as little math in college as I can  Good luck! "
That's pretty late to start college, well for me anyways. Any school I've been too started in August. Thanks. :)

@Damian said:
" Good luck! It's easy to fall in and out of practice with math. You'll catch up. Don't let the books scare you. You're bigger than them :P "
True that I might be bigger than the books, but they are certainly wider than I am!

@JacobForrest said:
" I am glad that I left math behind last year. I'm going into senior year of HS and I'll never have to take the subject again. Everyone groans about how they hate math, but goddamn, I really hated that subject. I would try to grasp all the formulas and understand where to put the numbers but I just couldn't get it.  But good luck to you. Accounting is a good field if you ever decide to go into it. I have a few friends who are looking to go that route. "

I don't like math either, and I hate to say that everyone does need math. : - / I'm not really sure what I want to do yet. Not sure about being an accountant either really.
Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tireyo643 said:
I don't like math either, and I hate to say that everyone does need math. : - /
Well, I've gotten all my compulsory math credits and I'm familiar with the basics... so beyond that, unless I decide to go into a career which requires knowledge of high-level  math (which I'm quite certain I'm not), I don't think I need it. 
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tireyo
@JacobForrest said:
" @Tireyo643 said:
I don't like math either, and I hate to say that everyone does need math. : - /
Well, I've gotten all my compulsory math credits and I'm familiar with the basics... so beyond that, unless I decide to go into a career which requires knowledge of high-level  math (which I'm quite certain I'm not), I don't think I need it.  "
I understand that. Supposedly business management requires only accounting math. No calculus needed. :P