My Thoughts on the Video Game Awards

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Milkman

I actually enjoyed the VGAs this year a lot more than I usually do. Was it perfect? No. But it was a step in the right direction. Sure, it was a tad bit ridiculous. Well, okay, it was REALLY ridiculous. But I think that kind of worked in its favor. When LL Cool J came on the stage and said "Don't call it a comeback!", I was thoroughly enjoying the VGAs.

The biggest improvement I saw was definitely the actual awards. I agreed with most of the awards and I felt that most of them connected with the hardcore crowd a lot more than previous years. It was much less "YO! HALO 3!" and much more "Hey, these guys are really good and here's why." However, the show was still riddled with gamer cliches, such as the opening segment with the "battle against books, exercise and intimate relationships". That's just not helping anyone. And yes, some of these people that presented had no business being anywhere near this show. That supermodel in the beginning had no idea what the hell was going on and I think the entire world facepalmed when she said "The maps will launch tonight, pacific time". However, the segment that stole the show was most definitely the end Brutal Legend segment. The whole "Tim freakin' Schafer" thing was awesome and the fact that they actually gave Jack Black a working flamethrower was just ridiculous/awesome/dangerous/awesome again. That was one of the main segments of the show where I felt they really connected with hardcore audience. As for the Weezer performance at the end, I guess that was a pretty appropriate way to end the show. However, personally, that just reminded me that "Man...Weezer sucks."

Overall, I'd give the VGAs this year 2/5 stars. Not nearly as good as they could be but nonetheless a step in the right direction.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Milkman said:
I was thoroughly enjoying the VGAs.

Overall, I'd give the VGAs this year 2/5 stars.
We have a case of "What the hell is this reviewer smoking?"
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Milkman
Arkthemaniac said:
"Milkman said:
I was thoroughly enjoying the VGAs.

Overall, I'd give the VGAs this year 2/5 stars.
We have a case of "What the hell is this reviewer smoking?""
And this is a case of taking things completely out of context to try and make yourself sound smart.

I said DURING the LL Cool J performance I was thoroughly enjoying the VGAs. And then, if you check reading there, a noted a bunch of parts where I was not enjoying them.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Sorry, but this is the 78240921060017460987645908745th blog entry about the VGAs, and I'm done hearing about them because I don't understand why people care so much abotu a video game award show on a channel that fills its airtime with cop chases and James Bond Movies.