Need Help With Watching Twin Peaks

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

With the Endurance Run going strong, and the gang always talking about Twin Peaks references with in the game, i felt like i owed it to myself to try and watch the show to see just what they are talking about. Besides that, i have always meant to watch it. because i heard good things, but i just never did.  

Anyway, I plan to have my own Endurance Run of Twin Peaks over the weekend and my hope is to have watched all twenty or so episodes by Monday for the next Endurance Run. As for what i needed help with, I noticed that each episode has a mini file that goes along with it that has the episodes title and log lady after it. Since i have never watched this show on TV I'm curious if I'm supposed to watch these before each episode or after? I watched the one for the pilot episode after it was over and it was pretty much just gibberish to me, but i don't want to watch any of the other ones in case it's a spoiler for the episode I'm about to watch; should these start making sense as the show progresses. 

So are these log lady videos supposed to be watched before each episode as kind of a spooky set up to things that are going to happen in the show, or is it like a "Tales of the Crypt Keeper" style of explaining the moral of the episode after it's over?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

Since there's one for each episode, you should probably watch each after the corresponding main episode. This is just a guess.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mmmslash

The log lady is completely unnecessary, to be honest. The shorts are completely at odds with the mood of the show, which is rarely, if ever creepy.

I suggest skipping them, and enjoying one of the best shows in history.

P.S. If you become hopelessly attracted to Kyle McLachlan, none of us are at fault.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Wow the gold box set is only $55 or so and it has fuckloads of content (something like 10 discs worth?). I should head to wal-mart and pick that up.

Anybody know if it might come to blu-ray (ie was it shot on film -- edit: the terminology on Wikipedia uses "filmed" instead of "shot" so maybe)? If so I might hold off till then. Damn the new medium.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Daveyo520
@Mmmslash said:
" The log lady is completely unnecessary, to be honest. The shorts are completely at odds with the mood of the show, which is rarely, if ever creepy.  I suggest skipping them, and enjoying one of the best shows in history.  P.S. If you become hopelessly attracted to Kyle McLachlan, none of us are at fault. "
He's so dreamy.
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mmmslash
@MrKlorox:  Just so you know, the show has no ending.

Just a forewarning.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox
@Mmmslash:  I'll probably stop watching after they solve the murder anyway.
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

In the gold box they always show before each episode so i guess thats the way to go.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crusader8463

Sounds good thanks. I noticed that the log lady thing was trying to be all creepy and mystical like and i didn't get that vibe from the show at all. Maybe when i get done watching all the episodes, assuming I'm not sick of it by then, i will watch them just to be a completionest.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mmmslash
@MrKlorox:  I doubt you will.

You find out who the Murderer is about halfway through the second season, and by then you're so thoroughly attached to most, if not all, of the characters, that it just seems silly not to finish it.

You'll probably watch the movie too.

I don't mean to imply that I know who you are, or how you'll react to some things, but that was my experience with it, and I'm a pretty average guy.
Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bobdaman18
AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentofChaos

Oh you kids have no idea the strange and twisted world of Twin Peaks that you're getting into.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrKlorox
@Bobdaman18 said:
"
Just so you know, cbs has twin peaks episodes on their websites for free. 

http://www.cbs.com/classics/twin_peaks/video/     "
Yeah. Two of them in the middle of the series plus a one-minute clip. Anybody who's seriously curious about the show would start with the pilot.

I should clarify that it's not the entire series on the Wikipedia article because it's pretty misleading.
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Fancast.com has all the episodes except the pilot, which I had to download from somewhere else. I started watching it a couple days ago. Interesting, but a little bit of it goes a long way.   

@MrKlorox:
The show your avatar is from scares the ever-loving SHIT out of me. God freaking dammit. 

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mysterysheep

Despite having a non-ending, it's probably the greatest non-ending I've ever seen.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrKlorox
@MarkWahlberg said:

" Fancast.com has all the episodes except the pilot, which I had to download from somewhere else. I started watching it a couple days ago. Interesting, but a little bit of it goes a long way.   

@MrKlorox: The show your avatar is from scares the ever-loving SHIT out of me. God freaking dammit.  "

Awesome! That saves a bit of cash. If I end up really digging it I'll end up getting the DVDs. Here's the direct link for the lazy: 
http://www.fancast.com/tv/Twin-Peaks/9367/full-episodes

I'll put that in the Wikipedia article as well.

Yeah, Xavier is too ....something.... for words. Something makes me think I'll be able to handle Twin Peak's weirdness.
DrinkBourbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By DrinkBourbon
@Mmmslash:  

I dunno, man. Bob still creeps me out quite a bit.
stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By stephengotlost

I just read the wikipedia entry.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Gabriel

The "Jocks" and "Bikers in the TV show are fucking Hilarious, I don't remember the 90's being that lame.

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bobdaman18
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrKlorox
@Bobdaman18: Oh. Then my bad. I looked around myself and couldn't find any other episodes. I guess the weird layout threw me off.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crusader8463
Corpsegrinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Corpsegrinder

I never got into this show. It's just...so...weird. But I like David Lynch's stuff. No harm and trying again though. I'm thinking about doing a marathon myself.

teeknuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By teeknuts

I've watched through the first episode of the second season, and I can safely say I fucking love this show.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Jackel2072