New ABC series Last Resort, first episode's online and is awesome

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madlaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By madlaughter

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/fall-tv/exclusive-watch-abc-fall-drama-last-resort-full-061122041.html

Spread the word friends, this show is rad!

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Is that the one where they have a boat full of nukes and are all 'fuck everyone'? Sounded really cool, will check it out.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

I'm excited about seeing both this and Revolution. I'm sure this isn't available in my region though (it isn't), but I'm sure that it isn't hard to find elsewhere. I'd much rather watch the pilots for these shows on my nice TV.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By 49th

Sounds interesting, hopefully it will end up broadcast in the UK if it does well in US, I love shows like this.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By MrMazz

O that was good

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm not really thrilled by the pilot, but it's an interesting concept and I'm a fan of Shawn Ryan's previous stuff so I might stick with it for a bit.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By dooscent

@MarkWahlberg said:

Is that the one where they have a boat full of nukes and are all 'fuck everyone'?

It was a really short pitch meeting.

"WE HAVE FOR YOU THE FUTURE OF ABC MEDIA.

A BOAT FULL OF NUKES.

FUCK.

EVERYONE."

Also I must see this show.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

WAS SUUUUUUUUUUUUPER AWESOME.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dooscent

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

This.

Just finished watching.

BUT HOLY CRAP THIS CAN'T LAST LONGER THAN A SEASON.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@doosmacleod:

No Caption Provided
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@doosmacleod said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

This.

Just finished watching.

Why not?

I can see it already...

NEW WORLD ORDER. Saint blah blah becoming it's own country. Maybe even a full blown WW3.

I mean... Lost was about an airplane crashing on an island and they bled that sucker out for 6 seasons.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EthanielRain

Meh...not for me, but better than another reality show or such.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dooscent

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@doosmacleod said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

This.

Just finished watching.

Why not?

I can see it already...

NEW WORLD ORDER. Saint blah blah becoming it's own country. Maybe even a full blown WW3.

I mean... Lost was about an airplane crashing on an island and they bled that sucker out for 6 seasons.

Okay, I see your point. But! Depending on the length of the season, you could presumably fit all of that into one! I mean, you bring up Lost (which most people probably related this show to), but holy shit, how much of those first three seasons contained just pointless, stupid filler? Even when they went from episode counts of high-20s to like 14, they still managed to have stupid Kate/baby-centric filler episodes.

Man, imagine if they went pulled off WW3 and New World Order storylines in one contained season! Shit just keeps getting more and more real until you reach the maximum amount of realness. AND THEN IT ENDS. It'd be awesome!

@MarkWahlberg said:

@doosmacleod:

No Caption Provided

Bless you, Saint Wahlberg. May the Patriots do fair. Hail Gronk.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@EthanielRain said:

Meh...not for me, but better than another reality show or such.

Agreed! Reality shows have for the most part have devolved into a total plague on society. Ricky Gervais does a pretty good job of summing it up:

On the other hand though, I think all those years of 24 have turned me off from the over-polished and over-extended network TV blockbuster.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@doosmacleod said:

No Caption Provided

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@doosmacleod said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

This.

Just finished watching.

Why not?

I can see it already...

Okay, I see your point. But! Depending on the length of the season, you could presumably fit all of that into one! I mean, you bring up Lost (which most people probably related this show to), but holy shit, how much of those first three seasons contained just pointless, stupid filler? Even when they went from episode counts of high-20s to like 14, they still managed to have stupid Kate/baby-centric filler episodes.

Man, imagine if they went pulled off WW3 and New World Order storylines in one contained season! Shit just keeps getting more and more real until you reach the maximum amount of realness. AND THEN IT ENDS. It'd be awesome!

@MarkWahlberg said:

@doosmacleod:

Bless you, Saint Wahlberg. May the Patriots do fair. Hail Gronk.

My favorite Lost episodes are the FILLER EPISODES. How can you say that? "Everybody Hates Hurley" Was the best episode ever dude.

The main story line after Season 1 was a super drag. And then they had so much potential with "The Others" and turned them into common folk. I WANTED ISLAND ZOMBIES GODDAMN IT!

Also, Michelle Rodriguez was super fine and I cried when she croaked. (not really)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Personally, I really like the condensed and focused narrative that you get in a cable length season of 10-13 episodes and topping out at around 5-6 seasons with hopefully a satisfying conclusion.

I much prefer it to the 20+ episode standard on network TV. That's a lot of time to fill even if you have interesting characters and a good story to tell, and it's almost unfair to expect a production team to be able to turn out that much content at a consistently high quality on an annual basis. Lower quality "filler" seems almost unavoidable in that situation.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dooscent

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

My favorite Lost episodes are the FILLER EPISODES. How can you say that? "Everybody Hates Hurley" Was the best episode ever dude.

The main story line after Season 1 was a super drag. And then they had so much potential with "The Others" and turned them into common folk. I WANTED ISLAND ZOMBIES GODDAMN IT!

Also, Michelle Rodriguez was super fine and I cried when she croaked. (not really)

Yes, yes. Okay, fair enough! With the exception of the Nikki and Paulo episodes, and the late-season "oh look how she's not a badass, but a broken bird" Kate episodes, and looking back at how I feel about the main storyline, the filler episodes were pretty great. Especially the ones that had more of a comedic tone mixed in with the OH NO EVERYTHING IS SO BAD WOE IS US ALSO JACKFACE serious portions.

Oh god. Oh god. Now that XO dude who was the vampire/werewolf/alien hybrid thing Underworld is going to look like Matthew Fox every time I see him. oh god what i have done. oh god oh man.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FengShuiGod

I almost want to watch this show. Almost. If I knew they were going to cap it at a couple seasons or something I'd be on board, but I don't want to start something that is going to drag on and on.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By tread311

I just can't get into most serious television. Always comes off as a bad movie. Stopped watching this after about 10 minutes, I just can't take all the cliches.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AiurFlux

"This video is not available in your location"

I live 4 or so hours above an invisible line in the dirt, in a country that is recognized as the single largest trading partner with the United States, and I still can't access shit like this because of copyrights that lead to piracy. Fuck. Sakes. This is why people steal shit...

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Chaser324 said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Personally, I really like the condensed and focused narrative that you get in a cable length season of 10-13 episodes and topping out at around 5-6 seasons with hopefully a satisfying conclusion.

I much prefer it to the 20+ episode standard on network TV. That's a lot of time to fill even if you have interesting characters and a good story to tell, and it's almost unfair to expect a production team to be able to turn out that much content at a consistently high quality on an annual basis. Lower quality "filler" seems almost unavoidable in that situation.

True, I get what you're saying I just feel like Lost was one of those programs that needed as much time as it could get seeing as the full cast was give or take 13 people all whom had their own story/background.

But the best TV shows have been the ones with the 5-6 6-13 episode margin.

@doosmacleod said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Yes, yes. Okay, fair enough! With the exception of the Nikki and Paulo episodes, and the late-season "oh look how she's not a badass, but a broken bird" Kate episodes, and looking back at how I feel about the main storyline, the filler episodes were pretty great. Especially the ones that had more of a comedic tone mixed in with the OH NO EVERYTHING IS SO BAD WOE IS US ALSO JACKFACE serious portions.

Oh god. Oh god. Now that XO dude who was the vampire/werewolf/alien hybrid thing Underworld is going to look like Matthew Fox every time I see him. oh god what i have done. oh god oh man.

Lmao! Jackface. I love that.

I'm barely in the middle of Season 3 and right now my head hurts. It's very congested and has like 3 main arcs running at the same time with like 3 other undertone arcs. But I agree , The comedic ones are the best and I love Prego (The ex-pregnant one... I forget her name so I call her Prego.) I don't know why, but she's just awesome. Also, Kate is already pissing me off. She should be kicking ass and taking names.

lol! Maybe that a good thing. Mathew Fox is a pretty good looking dude.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@FengShuiGod said:

I almost want to watch this show. Almost. If I knew they were going to cap it at a couple seasons or something I'd be on board, but I don't want to start something that is going to drag on and on.

It's actually pretty fast paced as far as I can see. That whole trailer happened in the pilot.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iceman228433

This is my show of the fall to watch I love Shawn Ryan shows I really hope this does not get canceled right away. Like my poor Terriers and Chicago Code.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't watch here either, but things with nukes always have potential, though I do prefer my TV shows to be colorful.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GaspoweR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silent_Service Seems the concept for the drama might have been loosely based on a manga that came out in the late 80s that also got turned into an anime. Intersting.

QuantumPilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By QuantumPilot

Hope the show isn't 4x3 like that video was. If they post the pilot they should offer high quality video.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27  Edited By Giantstalker

Alright... I'll bite

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BraveToaster

That wasn't good. There acting was bad and threw it all off for me. The dialouge made me cringe, especially the scene with the tough guy in the bar. I'm surprised that my eyes didn't roll out of my head. The only entertaining part about it is the picture that posted. Oh, and that Cortez chica is cute.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By sweep  Moderator

If you want to create a thread you need to post more than just a link. That's considered spam 'round these parts.