NewEgg is awful?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I use to, and I still think, I do really like NewEgg.  However, I bought Crackdown, Vegas (1), and Stuntman: Ignition from them.  Vegas was undoubtly used.  It didn't have the seal to close the case and the shrink wrap was...definately non from factory.  And the manual....was in backdwards.  And to top it off, the game doesn't even work.   Going to call them up, yell at them, and try to get a free game out of it.  Truly, i better.  This is NOT legal.  

Anyway, what the fuck?  I bought a game "new" and I get this shit?
Now the problem, and the reason I post this is, how much does this happen?

* also, rented crackdown.  Bought it now.  It's fucking awesome. 

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2  Edited By pissedoffthewitch
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" I use to, and I still think, I do really like NewEgg.  However, I bought Crackdown, Vegas (1), and Stuntman: Ignition from them.  Vegas was undoubtly used.  It didn't have the seal to close the case and the shrink wrap was...definately non from factory.  And the manual....was in backdwards.  And to top it off, the game doesn't even work.   Going to call them up, yell at them, and try to get a free game out of it.  Truly, i better.  This is NOT legal.  Anyway, what the fuck?  I bought a game "new" and I get this shit?Now the problem, and the reason I post this is, how much does this happen?* also, rented crackdown.  Bought it now.  It's fucking awesome.  "
I agree, Crackdown's awsome :P
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By teh_destroyer

Are you sure the description on its list page said it was new? You could have accidentally bought a used copy. I love newegg, never had a problem with them.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Commando
@SmugDarkLoser: newegg sells games? I didn't know that, I only used them to buy parts to build my dad's PC. They're great for that. Never had a problem with them.
goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By goodwood

just RMA it and they are usually good about hooking people up.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fallen189
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" I use to, and I still think, I do really like NewEgg.  However, I bought Crackdown, Vegas (1), and Stuntman: Ignition from them.  Vegas was undoubtly used.  It didn't have the seal to close the case and the shrink wrap was...definately non from factory.  And the manual....was in backdwards.  And to top it off, the game doesn't even work.   Going to call them up, yell at them, and try to get a free game out of it.  Truly, i better.  This is NOT legal.  Anyway, what the fuck?  I bought a game "new" and I get this shit?Now the problem, and the reason I post this is, how much does this happen?* also, rented crackdown.  Bought it now.  It's fucking awesome.  "
Why?

Just explain, and hope they apologise and replace your items. I can only assume you're American.
m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By m1k3

Newegg is the last place i would buy games from. I get them in new condition, at the same speed as when i order computer parts.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8  Edited By Cerza

I've used newegg for years and never had a problem with them. Neither has anyone else that I know who use them. However, I buy PC parts from them as does everyone else I know. Still, I've never had a problem with them and never heard of anyone having a problem, so I guess your situation is rare.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By subject2change

NewEgg doesn't ship or sell the games themselves they do it from a 3rd Party. I have had no issues with games from NewEgg just often slower than buying components from them. Free shipping, No tax and often cheaper than EBGames and Amazon by a few  dollars if not significantly is worth it to me. Complain and they will rectify it; NewEgg has possibly the greatest customer service ever.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Oh, crap.... I forgot about posting this.
Anyway, exchanged vegas, got an undoubtly used copy again.  What the hell?  Newegg is starting to piss me off.

That being said, they are seeming to take care of it.  Free shpping both ways and no hassle.  When they didn't send me a keyboard that was suppose to be included with my pc they let me pick one out from their website that really would be more expensive than the one I should have gotten.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Gunner
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" Oh, crap.... I forgot about posting this. Anyway, exchanged vegas, got an undoubtly used copy again.  What the hell?  Newegg is starting to piss me off. "
from what ive read, they dont actually say whether its new or not... What the fuck do you expect when you pay 10 bucks for a 30 dollar game?
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Wolverine
@SmugDarkLoser: Wow, I'm never going to buy anything from New Egg now. That is a pretty rediculous thing to do and a horrible way for them to treat their customers. You should try out amazon because they have great customer service.
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Megalon

Newegg is aweful? Them is fightin' words.

Anyway, they are normally awesome at dealing with problems, as it seems like you are starting to experience (well, somewhat). 
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Oh SmugDarkLoser, some of your points are valid, but most of the time the titles are blatant flame baiting.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayge_

Newegg is quite honestly the best website I've ever ordered anything from in my entire life. I've payed shipping only once, always gotten products that worked, never had to RMA shit, always get here before or just on the date it's supposed to.

I do hate UPS ground though, because they can be slow as all fuck.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shadows_kill

when i ordered from newegg i got everything just fine... so maybe it was just bad luck?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GreggD
@Fallen189 said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
Why?Just explain, and hope they apologise and replace your items. I can only assume you're American. "
What does that have to do with anything?
BlazBleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlazBleu

Maybe you should call them up and tell them about the situation. I've never had any problems with Newegg and hopefully that will carry on into the future. 

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By artofwar420

I bought a monitor, video card, and countless other PC parts, nothing like this ever happened.

Vance_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Vance_Helsing

I've bought a few games from them in the past year, and they messed up on my recent order. I purchased Blue Dragon for $10 and I received the Spanish-language copy instead. It was...interesting to say the least. I ended up talking to a representative over IM and not only did they refund me for my payment, but they also let me keep the game as well. And the game works perfectly in my American Xbox 360- all I had to do was change the language setting and it was fine.

So maybe I got lucky or something but they seemed pretty chill to me, especially with this recent slip-up.

Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gamer

wow, the same thing happened to me, except it was BEST BUY. i grabbed a rock band 2 from the games section, and it was in that hard plastic case, so  i didnt realise that there was NO plastic on it or even a SEAL. so the first thing i do is put it in the 360, and guess what, it cant even last 2 seconds before it says disc error.

so the next day i go back to exchange it and i say " the game wasnt sealed or wrapped in any plastic and i couldnt tell because of the hard case on it, and it doesnt work." then the stupid retard actually had the decency to say "we dont sell unopened software" then i said yeah but this is how i got it, THEN SHE SAID AGAIN "best buy doesnt sell opened software" then i said it came with no plastic on it" then she said well if the game isnt working then i can just replace it then i said OK and that was the end of that. what a fucking bitchass motherfucking fucko

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

i checked your page for that game and its under a 30 day return so...RMA it...

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By AndrewB

I've had nothing but success from Newegg. Easily my favorite online retailer. Most stuff you can get with free 3 day shipping, brand new games are usually in line with the lowest prices around, and definitely not a problem with used games being sent my way. I'd have to agree that it's just terrible luck, but I'll keep an eye out in the future, anyway.

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By nvmfst
@m1k3 said:
" Newegg is the last place i would buy games from. I get them in new condition, at the same speed as when i order computer parts. "
Yeah, they are not exactly the first place I would think of to buy games from since their specialty is PC parts. It's nice thought to find the hardware deals that come with a free game though.