NFL 2016 Discussion Thread - Ready for Some Football

IAmDroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@monkeyman04: I was glad to have Lamar Miller on my fantasy team though!

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Washington emerged victorious in the cripple fight that was their match against Tampa. People are referring to Cousins as "Captain Comeback" or "Kirk Comeback," apparently forgetting that game-losing pick-6 he threw against Atlanta just 2 weeks ago. The thirst is real.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#754  Edited By DinosaurCanada

The New York Giants are a weird football team

I don't know how or why they keep doing these things to me but they continue to be put into these nonsense miracle situations regardless of reason or sense or quality of team. Game isn't close to over yet though so who knows, I sure as hell ain't calling anything

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god what the hell is happening in this Giants/Saints game?!?!

Wow what a finish. Crazy game

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#756  Edited By DinosaurCanada

That was a hell of damn crazy game, I can't even be mad at the Giants losing (which wouldn't be a new occurrence). Congrats Saints fans and good job Brees and the Saints

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I couldn't get to see the Giants/Saints game, but from what I've heard about it, that turned into a Big 12 college football game. For those who don't know, the Big 12 is the home of midwestern/southwestern CFB teams that have high scoring offenses and horrid defenses. We had the NFL equivalent of Oklahoma State/Texas Tech from yesterday, though OSU/TTU wasn't as close.

I got to see the TB game and didn't expect the Bucs to hold on in OT, but they did. GG Bucs. And for anyone wondering, yes, I expected the Dolphins to come back to reality, but at least hoped for them to be competitive with the Pats. That safety by Tannehill really set the tone on Thursday night.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mah Bucs.

I forgot what winning felt like.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759  Edited By I_Stay_Puft
MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#760  Edited By MocBucket62

This popped up in my mind, does this season in the NFL have the most regular season Super Bowl rematches in history? Tonight we have Packers-Broncos, last week we had Saints-Colts and two weeks ago, we had Cardinals-Steelers, Ravens-49ers and Chiefs-Vikings. Later this year we'll have Bengals-49ers and Patriots-Giants. I can keep going.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am...am I crazy to think that the NFC South may be the second best division in the NFL, only behind the AFC East. I mean the Panthers are still undefeated, the Falcons have a respectable record at 6-3, the Buccaneers are competitive and have won twice as much this year as last year and the Saints may be the worst team in that division, but every now and then they'll show up offensively.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm not a Panthers fan but I kind of hope that they win the Super Bowl just because of how angry Cam Newton makes these dweebs. I'd make me pretty happy to see him win the Super Bowl MVP and then hit the quan while a bunch of old white dudes cry about how he's a "thug."

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knew exactly how the Giants game was gonna end when they gave the ball back to Brady with that much time left.

Fuck.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry Seahawks fans, but go Cardinals! I have no quarrels with the Seahawks, but I'd rather see the Cardinals make a run to the SB.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy, my Bucs.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768  Edited By hmoney001
LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#769  Edited By LawGamer

The Browns and Lions should seriously play each other. It could be a kind of Anti-Super Bowl.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer: Browns and Ravens already did this season, and everyone was struggling to find reasons to watch it that didn't include live-tweeting the sadness.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#771  Edited By GaspoweR

Man, I knew the moment that flag was thrown THAT SOMETHING BAT SHIT CRAZY WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Also as a Bears fan, kinda glad it didn't happen last week. I feel for the Lions fans though since they had that game won.

EDIT: Kinda glad that I stuck around to watching hockey and football. I saw the part where Keighley threw shade at Konami and switched back to watching sports in peace. Nothing was going to ever top that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Do you think the Bengals can finally win a play-off game?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bartok said:

Do you think the Bengals can finally win a play-off game?

I think so. They may be lucky to get a first round bye to rest up being how wide open the AFC has become.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#774  Edited By Ericjasonwade

@mocbucket62:

Yea same here man. Mediocre season every year. We have such promising games though it's unfortunate they can't do anything with the talent that they have had over the years. It's such a sad sight to see that Miami symbol at the bottom of the hunt list every year. I just want one good playoff run and I'll be happy. I really thought this year was going to be the year though. We made some good picks off season and got Suh. It just all fell apart somewhere. Mainly defense I think.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775  Edited By MocBucket62

@ericjasonwade: Yeah, our fish are literally the most consistent-inconsistent team in the NFL. Just when you think they'll break out and make it to the post-season, they always find a way to disappoint. At this point, I don't know if I want the Dolphins to win out so maybe Miami can get a top 10 pick in the 2016 draft. I know we're still alive for a playoff spot, but with KC, Pitt and the Jets all clamoring for Wild Cards, I don't see our fish rising up.

Otherwise, the Cardinals have become my second favorite team and I'm glad they punched their ticket into the postseason on Thursday night. This is the Cards' 10th postseason clinching in their 117 years as a franchise too (Oldest NFL franchise today, founded in 1898 as the Morgan Athletic Club). If the Dolphins are gonna break my heart, then go Cards!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over / Under Rams will be 500+ or 500- this year? Kinda crazy that Jeff Fisher 21 season coaching he's only had 6 winning season and he's still a coach.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b01aaf1ac88
deactivated-57b01aaf1ac88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The following teams have officially been eliminated from playoff contention:
Lions, Ravens, 49ers, Chargers, and Titans.

I'm okay with this.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The playoff brackets have been all but set now, and though technically the Colts could still get in past the Texans, it doesn't look very likely.

Also, the Browns and Titans are in contention for the #1 Draft Pick in 2016. The Browns are reportedly about to axe their Coach and GM. Again. I think they could pull out with the pick after this week is over.

spitz1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steelers clinched a playoff spot and Seahawks thrashed Cardinals, couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Browns can't even lose right! Now the Titans have the #1 pick!

Oh, and I guess Washington plays GB now after they lost to the Vikings. Luckily(?) most of the Packers receivers are dead, but so is most of the Skins' secondary, so it'll be a closer game than I'd like.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: fun fact, the local Cleveland comedian who coined that phrase also made this video, released yesterday:

Loading Video...

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus: oh God, I'd be rolling on the floor laughing if I wasn't crying.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#784  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@slag: Lmao how did Donte Whitner get leveled by Peyton Manning?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: I dunno man, he used to be good once. He's one of the few players on the roster I respect.

I assume whatever is happening in Cleveland is contagious. At least no one got a Staph Infection this year from the training facility.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Da Bunguls.

I honestly can't believe what I saw just now and I'm a Seahawks fan who watched last years Super Bowl.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#787  Edited By recroulette

If Burflict doesn't put Big Ben into the ground the Bengals don't make that comeback and put themselves in a position to piss it away.

The Bengals were fucked the moment they put those jerseys on, because they are the Bengals.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys when did NFL Blitz become real?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I don't even watch football anymore and I'm pissed.

I'm trying to watch Speedruns over here I ain't got time for this!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791  Edited By Milkman

If we had any self respect as a nation, we would collectively declare that the last NFL game ever. Awful from top to bottom.

Only thing worse than actually watching the game was listening to the two chuckleheads in the announce booth go for the gold in the righteous indignation Olympics. Save the "please think of the children" rants for a game where the objective isn't to give the opponent brain damage.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Summary of last night's action, from what I heard:

If you subbed Brian Hoyer's QBR (15.9) for the actual points the Texans scored last night (0), they would still lose by double-digits.

The Bengals (especially Vontaze Burfict) literally had the game in hand with about over a minute to go and an injured Big Ben then went "nah, we're good, you can have this game." Congratulations to Marvin Lewis for passing Jim Mora to become the NFL Head Coach with the most playoff losses and no wins!

Today, the Seahawks play the Vikings and the Packers come to fight the Skins. The Seahawks may be Marshawn-less again but I think they'll find a way to pull it out. Somehow the Skins are actually favored (by 1 point, but still favored) to win this matchup! Thanks for putting on the pressure, Vegas. Having said that, it'll be interesting to see if Aaron's backup WRs can beat the Skins backup secondary and inside linebackers.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man what a disaster of an ending that was. I'm a bit torn about how this game ended because I was pulling for Cincinnati to win and finally get a playoff win for once, and I don't want Pittsburgh to make a run to win the team's 7th Super Bowl. But at the same time, both the Bengals players and their fans were acting classless and it feels fitting that the dirtier team lost in that fashion. Lost lots of respect to Bengals fans the way they threw water bottles at an injured Big Ben and Burfict and Adams made stupid penalties that handed Pittsburgh the game on a silver platter.

KC beating Houston wasn't a surprise, but the Chiefs look to have the hottest defense right now. Looking forward to seeing how that defense fairs against a slumping Patriots team.

On to Seattle, I know many people seem high on them making it to the Super Bowl yet again, but they made those runs at home. Are they gonna be Road Warriors? It be interesting to see how they fair against a Vikings team that I think has improved since they played last. Its also kind of weird to think that I like Washington to beat GB.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#795  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@mocbucket62: Washington is a dangerous team. Kirk Cousins I believe has the 3rd best QBR and td-to-int ratio over the last 7 games. I think only Russell Wilson and Cam Newton are better over that same period. Washington has a potent offense, I believe they at least scored 30 points over the past 3 to 4 games. I think everyone would be foolish to sleep on Captain Kirk.

Loading Video...

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe the Vikings are totally controlling the first half.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patoday said:

I can't believe the Vikings are totally controlling the first half.

Doesn't surprise me, seems cold.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blair Walsh in Ace Ventura 3.

Laces out bro.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit did the hawks luck out with that one. ^_^

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fucking hate the Seahawks with a firey passion. Enjoy losing to the Panthers again, you didnt deserve to get that far.