NFL 2016 Discussion Thread - Ready for Some Football

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#901  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Sounds like Manziel is out at Cleveland. I can smell Jeff Fisher getting tempted to sign him but Manziel + LA sounds like a dynamite TMZ a day type of mix.

I also laughed at the report the Rams are exploring interest in signing Peyton after this season. The thought that he would want to play with Jeff Fisher is a riot.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the Denver D is playing. I thought this was gonna be another 48 situation with The Panthers steamrolling The Broncos. I guess they did a lot of work on the D after 48.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyman04: No doubt, Elway and Phillips did a good job not only getting the guys the past few seasons but coaching them up. Good game so far.

In other news, just posted on Marshawn's twitter page and a bunch of Seahawks have all but confirmed it that Beast Mode has officially left the building.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#904  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Congrats to Broncos fans and to the Sheriff.

Legend goes Goddell cursed Cam with the dab.

No Caption Provided

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Man, the Broncos were my favorite team for a good 15 years. I fell off the wagon right before Peyton arrived, and boy do I feel silly.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#906  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Hey guys, start of the american football seasons starting up... so its probably a great time to revive this thread! Kinda hard to believe but the official start of the season is just 2 days away on Thursday with it being a rematch between the two Super Bowl teams, the Panthers vs. Broncos.

2016 Opening Schedule

Probably the biggest 2 storylines coming out of this preseason is Tony Romo and Teddy Bridgewater getting injured. Obviously the Cowboys and Vikings had big aspirations this year, and while the Cowboys looked okay with Dak Prescott at the helm, the Vikes probably overpayed just to get a decent starter in Sam Bradford. No way is Bradford worth a 1st and 4th round pick next year, but the Vikings had no clue to the severity of Teddy B. injury.

Anywho its great to have the football season back. My mind, body and soul is ready.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@i_stay_puft: As an Eagles fan I couldn't be happier with the trade. It feels like the Eagles kept putting off the rebuilding of the team by constantly grabbing interim QBs. It's time to find a promising QB that can be developed within the system. The team has a lot of young potential on the roster that could grow into something to be proud of.

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Whattup NFL duders! Glad to see the thread revived. Excited for the start of the season Thursday!!! Woo!

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am ready for some Football!

Can't wait to cheer on my Seahawks as they do continually worse and worse as the years since our Superbowl showings go by, but continue to think they are the best ever because of those showings.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new year and era for my beloved Eagles. A new coach with Doug Pederson. A new QB Carson Wentz. The 1st time I ever recall a rookie QB starting for the Eagles. Plus I will be at the game live this Sunday to see this new age kick off. FLY EAGLES FLY.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#911  Edited By btrdeadthanred

Just found out I'm starting a new job on Sunday.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. BIRDLAND. Fuckfuckfuckfuck

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Glad to see this thread back. Looking forward to the start of the NFL season. Curious as to how CAR-DEN and NE-ARI play out, though I feel better about the NFC teams winning those match ups solely for the question marks at QB for Denver and New England respectively.

I don't know how this opening weekend can compete with the opening weekend of college ball though. I know this community doesn't care much for that brand of football, but you had some crazy moments like Houston over Oklahoma with a kick six TD and Wisconsin holding LSU down in Lambeau. Also, don't know if any college or NFL game this year can top Notre Dame-Texas for best football game of 2016. That game had offensive firepower, comebacks, a blocked PAT attempt returned for two points, and a wild double OT w/ Texas winning 50-47. Oh, and my Seminoles had a stellar comeback against Ole Miss going from being down 28-13 at the half to scoring 16 unanswered points within the first 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter. They also won 45-34, which is sweet. Feel better about the Noles than I do my Dolphins, which is a yearly routine.

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mocbucket62: Fellow college ball fan here too. Gotta stump for my Buckeyes, and pumped for some of the conference and rivalry games to come up in later weeks. Looking forward to a bunch of late Saturday nights (and Sunday and Mondays for NFL, as that is what this thread is about after all) watching or often falling asleep to games. ND-Texas finish was incredible and the Houston-OKLA game was crazy too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is also my first NFL season on the East Coast! I'm excited to be able to do stuff in the morning THEN watch football. I was in Hawaii for 6 years before this and due to the time difference it was wake up at 7 AM for football then keep watching it until near 6-7 PM. Not a horrible thing mind you (unless the days games were just a borefest), it was just a bummer not being able to do anything else on my weekend.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@takayamasama: Yes, welcome to East coat viewing my man. It's much better, especially on a Sunday where you just might want to sleep in a bit.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: Question for you. I always wondered whether you could call a bookie at 6 am in Hawaii to bet on a game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman: Sure can. And all the Bars open at like 6/6:30 also. Spent a few Sundays at the Buffalo Wild Wings at 7AM already with some drinks down.

That part was pretty rad.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: Ha. I was only there for my honeymoon and I remember watching the NBA playoffs at 2pm. That was nice. Thanks man

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Throw the fucking ball to Olsen.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#920  Edited By btrdeadthanred

As soon as Kubiak called that time out, I knew that was coming.

What a call.

Fun fact. This is the second time Kubiak has done this to Gano, in the exact same situation.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm a big "don't ice the kicker unless it works" guy.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Glad to see this thread back. Looking forward to the start of the NFL season. Curious as to how CAR-DEN and NE-ARI play out, though I feel better about the NFC teams winning those match ups solely for the question marks at QB for Denver and New England respectively.

I don't know how this opening weekend can compete with the opening weekend of college ball though. I know this community doesn't care much for that brand of football, but you had some crazy moments like Houston over Oklahoma with a kick six TD and Wisconsin holding LSU down in Lambeau. Also, don't know if any college or NFL game this year can top Notre Dame-Texas for best football game of 2016. That game had offensive firepower, comebacks, a blocked PAT attempt returned for two points, and a wild double OT w/ Texas winning 50-47. Oh, and my Seminoles had a stellar comeback against Ole Miss going from being down 28-13 at the half to scoring 16 unanswered points within the first 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter. They also won 45-34, which is sweet. Feel better about the Noles than I do my Dolphins, which is a yearly routine.

Yeah, Noles look good. Could this be another good QB? I find myself rooting for Tampa Bay even though it is not my team. Jameis is the best QB I've seen that wore the garnet and gold. Gator fans at my work are salty and they have not even played us yet. Want Canes FSU tickets so bad. Good seats cost a fortune, but I would like to see the new stadium down here.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#923  Edited By mems1224

Oh boy, I'm so ready for another year of 8-8/9-7. It's a good thing Rick Smith got a 4 year extension. I want to be mediocre forever!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man the season JUST started and there is already vicious headhunting that isn't be called or being off set! This is not gonna be a great year for team stability! With that kind of start, plus just how reckless he has been with his body in past seasons, I can't foresee Cam making it through the entire season without a major injury.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looked seriously injured a few times there, but seemed to shrug it off. I'd still be worried though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@btrdeadthanred: A horrible side effect to the newer concussion protocols is that players will actively try to hide and downplay any injuries because if they have a concussion, then they gotta go to the bench. This leads to players doing everything they can to appear fine and make sure they don't have to get seen, and potentially risks even more severe injuries! Yay football!

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can feel it, this year is a Seahawks year...again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomeonfire: DONT TEASE ME. I'm already ready for disappointment. Maybe Russel learned to throw the ball more this offseason and we have a shot though.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: From what we've seen so far, he's learned how to throw the ball but forgot how to hustle out of the pocket.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomeonfire: huh...I say away from pre-season stuff to be more surprised in the proper season but...I don't know if that's a great trade off....his only saving grace was being a slippery little fucker.

We shall see! At least we get a freebie at the start of this season. Lol Miami.

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: This is one of the reasons I stopped watching football. A study showed over 90% of retired players have some form of CTE. You don't even need to be concussed to develop it, just repeated "normal" tackles.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: I hate read option, but I'm in the minority I guess. I'd probably feel differently if Flacco was safely rushing for as many yards as some RBs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@btrdeadthanred: I get to watch a lot of Flacco this year, now living in Maryland. In Hawaii they didn't show many east coast teams outside the Pats, unless they were the Thur/Mon night games. Instead I got to watch a bunch of Green Bay and continually wish Aaron Rodgers would die in a burst of flames.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha well get used to every East coast game. Welcome to Birdland.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#935  Edited By MocBucket62

@ninjalegend: I think after the massive improvement Francois had in the 2nd half compared to the 1st, I think he'll be just fine. I just hope this isn't part 2 of the 2014 season where the Noles have to struggle in the 1st half and then get going in the 2nd. Hope you end up getting a seat for FSU-Miami. I'd like to get a seat for either USF since I'm not far from Tampa or Wake Forest because its cheap.

About that game last night, kind of shocked that Denver managed to win with a 1st time quarterback, but it goes to show that an amazing defense is the true factor to winning these games. For all the Seahawks fans in this thread, all I can say is enjoy the seafood. Because I have no faith in the Dolphins against Seattle and the Hawks are gonna eat the Dolphins alive. It would be nice for an upset, but it ain't happening.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#936  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Watching the Philly vs Browns early game and Carson Wentz looked likes an absolute stud. The more Wentz looks good makes (7-7, 9-7, 7-9) Jeff Fisher and the LA Rams brass look more like idiots which I heavily enjoy.

Griffin III doesn't looks half bad and holy shit does Terrell Pryor looks sorta like a wideout.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go Bucs. :)

MudKatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being a Cowboys fan is what I imagine it must be like to be a sonic fan. Damn.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I'm not even kidding. This might be the worst NFL game I have ever seen played by a single team.... The Rams are terrible.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@i_stay_puft:

I was really happy with Doug Pedersons play calling.

I have high hopes for Philly the next few years and can hopefully put the Chip Kelly era in the rear view mirror.

wolfskind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@colonel_pockets:

Yep, totally agree. The 49ers just shut down their running game and the Rams' offense stopped working.

And they face the Seahawks next week. Might be another shutout for them.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonel_pockets: No, no, no the Rams aren't terrible. Jeff Fisher is... wait for it... wait for it...

Loading Video...
DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#943  Edited By DinosaurCanada

The Giants fouled so many times. What the hell was that about, they had it locked on multiple occasions. On the plus side Odell Beckham Jr is so good and the Redskins D was really solid during a few plays

That Colts/Chargers game get kinda weird!