Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Edited By TheLawnWrangler

As far as stoner comedies go, they've grown pretty tired. I was really excited about this movie and I hoped the best for it. In my humble opinion, this is one of the best stoner comedies ever. The comedy has a nice kind of "you need to listen" touch mixed with pop culture reference joke system and it works very well. The characters are really easy to like (even most of the villains... except for Rosie Perez... she's annoying as FUCK) and the story is pretty interesting. The guys who steal the show are James Franco's drug dealer character Saul Silver, and Danny McBride's character Red. They both have hilarious parts and they always steal the scenes they're in. While it isn't the strongest of Apatow's comedies, it is a great one and ranks pretty high up there. Around the end of the movie, it turns into a Hot Fuzz-esque action movie. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it sometimes doesn't work and it gets pretty old (a good action comedy is Tropic Thunder.... everybody should watch that too XD). It get's pretty graphic but it maintains its stability as a comedy and manages to add SOME great action. All in all... Pineapple Express is a F*CKIN AWESOME movie. For those who love Superbad and other Apatow movies, or movies like the Harold and Kumar flicks, Pineapple Express is one hell of a time.

4.7 out of 5.0

This movie.....kicked ass....

Notes:
- Great cameos from Craig Robinson, Bobby Lee, Ed Begley Jr., Amber Heard, Bill Hader, Troy Gentile, and many more.
- I like how everytime the main characters smoke and get high, they tend to get in trouble. I feel like it's a little way showing that smoking weed and doing other drugs leads to bad things.
- The unrated version is MUCH better than the theatrical version (more extended than unrated).
- Excellent soundtrack (no Paper Planes, sorry).
- The version with the digital copy is recommended, for use with the ipod, pc, and psp

I'll put up more of these one paragraph reviews in the future for more movies. Later guys, and happy new year!
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

As far as stoner comedies go, they've grown pretty tired. I was really excited about this movie and I hoped the best for it. In my humble opinion, this is one of the best stoner comedies ever. The comedy has a nice kind of "you need to listen" touch mixed with pop culture reference joke system and it works very well. The characters are really easy to like (even most of the villains... except for Rosie Perez... she's annoying as FUCK) and the story is pretty interesting. The guys who steal the show are James Franco's drug dealer character Saul Silver, and Danny McBride's character Red. They both have hilarious parts and they always steal the scenes they're in. While it isn't the strongest of Apatow's comedies, it is a great one and ranks pretty high up there. Around the end of the movie, it turns into a Hot Fuzz-esque action movie. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it sometimes doesn't work and it gets pretty old (a good action comedy is Tropic Thunder.... everybody should watch that too XD). It get's pretty graphic but it maintains its stability as a comedy and manages to add SOME great action. All in all... Pineapple Express is a F*CKIN AWESOME movie. For those who love Superbad and other Apatow movies, or movies like the Harold and Kumar flicks, Pineapple Express is one hell of a time.

4.7 out of 5.0

This movie.....kicked ass....

Notes:
- Great cameos from Craig Robinson, Bobby Lee, Ed Begley Jr., Amber Heard, Bill Hader, Troy Gentile, and many more.
- I like how everytime the main characters smoke and get high, they tend to get in trouble. I feel like it's a little way showing that smoking weed and doing other drugs leads to bad things.
- The unrated version is MUCH better than the theatrical version (more extended than unrated).
- Excellent soundtrack (no Paper Planes, sorry).
- The version with the digital copy is recommended, for use with the ipod, pc, and psp

I'll put up more of these one paragraph reviews in the future for more movies. Later guys, and happy new year!
Qoheed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Qoheed

Pineapple Express was freaking wonderful.

There aren't many movies I snag as soon as they become available, but this is one of the rare few.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By coakroach

It was a rather amusing flick

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By bwooduhs

I loved this movie. The best part had to be the end though. Hilarious.

BradWardFight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BradWardFight

bought a copy of it tonight good stuff.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By teh_destroyer

The last good comedy I watched was Tropic Thunder,before that it was Eurotrip.I may have to pass on this one though.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

Saw it in the theater. Loved it. Now am going to get on Blu-Ray with a sweet digital copy. Great movie this one.

TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
teh_destroyer said:
"The last good comedy I watched was Tropic Thunder,before that it was Eurotrip.I may have to pass on this one though."
Tropic Thunder was godly (the extended was perfect). Well... atleast most of the people here liked Pineapple Express lol (not saying anything bad about you man)
Eurotrip? there was nothing inbetween you found the least bit funny?
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RetroIce4

End was so funny when they were all eating. One of my favorite comedys of all time.