POLL - Legalization of marijuana? Opinions?

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#451  Edited By MOLE
@Ryax said:
" @Kefkaesque said:
" Of course it should be legal. Alchohol, Tobacco, hell even food from McDonalds is easily worse for your body than marijuana.  It's only "addictive" in the same way World of Warcraft is addictive. Some people are just too lazy to stop doing it. I used to smoke regularly but then I just kind of got bored with it and never turned back, and I know many people who have basically done the same. This kind of thing doesn't happen with an addictive substances.   But even if it WERE addictive, it should be the person's choice whether or not they want to take that risk. "
i wish the government saw it your way. i dont know why they would be scared of making money. "
The government knows it's not bad for people.  They don't give a shit even if it was extremely bad for you.  The government knows exactly what's out there, but they want people to use certain things.   

There's a big thing going on, where people are debating who is really telling the truth.   The government releases "facts", which are later debunked by universities. 
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#452  Edited By Ryax
@MOLE said:
" @Ryax said:
" @Kefkaesque said:
" Of course it should be legal. Alchohol, Tobacco, hell even food from McDonalds is easily worse for your body than marijuana.  It's only "addictive" in the same way World of Warcraft is addictive. Some people are just too lazy to stop doing it. I used to smoke regularly but then I just kind of got bored with it and never turned back, and I know many people who have basically done the same. This kind of thing doesn't happen with an addictive substances.   But even if it WERE addictive, it should be the person's choice whether or not they want to take that risk. "
i wish the government saw it your way. i dont know why they would be scared of making money. "
The government knows it's not bad for people.  They don't give a shit even if it was extremely bad for you.  The government knows exactly what's out there, but they want people to use certain things.     There's a big thing going on, where people are debating who is really telling the truth.   The government releases "facts", which are later debunked by universities.  "
any one who has smoked it can argue any of the governments "facts". 
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#453  Edited By Hector

Illegal.

Partisan189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#454  Edited By Partisan189

Legal, I have not actual interest in smoking it myself I just think it's a waste of tax payers money trying to enforce illegal marijuana.

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By MOLE
@Ryax said:

any one who has smoked it can argue any of the governments "facts".  "

They say it can cause cancer, yet there hasn't been a single case of it causing cancer.    Funny thing is, you can't kill yourself smoking marijuana.   They've tried to kill animals, and they haven't succeeded yet.   They say it kills braincells, but that's because they did test studies of putting gas masks on monkeys in lab, where they lost braincells due to the lack of oxygen.  They pumped them full of smoke nonstop for roughly 15 minutes worth.   Which resulted in cell loss, but it's twisted around these days, so yes technically it did make monkeys lose brain cells, only because they were suffocating them.
MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456  Edited By MOLE
@Partisan189 said:

" Legal, I have not actual interest in smoking it myself I just think it's a waste of tax payers money trying to enforce illegal marijuana. "

Our government: Keeping us safe by letting murderers, rapists and thieves out of prison to make room for stoners.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By Ryax
@MOLE said:
" @Ryax said:

They say it can cause cancer, yet there hasn't been a single case of it causing cancer.    Funny thing is, you can't kill yourself smoking marijuana.   They've tried to kill animals, and they haven't succeeded yet.   They say it kills braincells, but that's because they did test studies of putting gas masks on monkeys in lab, where they lost braincells due to the lack of oxygen.  They pumped them full of smoke nonstop for roughly 15 minutes worth.   Which resulted in cell loss, but it's twisted around these days, so yes technically it did make monkeys lose brain cells, only because they were suffocating them. "
they use marijuana for cancer patients in some states. its really naive to say it does. and scientists that work for the government to prove that marijuana is harmful are testing on animals! animals dont function the way we function. so saying that it kills brain cells when testing it on a monkey is the most retarded thing ive ever heard.
arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458  Edited By arkasai
@MOLE said:
" @Ryax said:

They say it can cause cancer, yet there hasn't been a single case of it causing cancer.    Funny thing is, you can't kill yourself smoking marijuana.   They've tried to kill animals, and they haven't succeeded yet.   They say it kills braincells, but that's because they did test studies of putting gas masks on monkeys in lab, where they lost braincells due to the lack of oxygen.  They pumped them full of smoke nonstop for roughly 15 minutes worth.   Which resulted in cell loss, but it's twisted around these days, so yes technically it did make monkeys lose brain cells, only because they were suffocating them. "
I remember that, something like the equivalent of 60 joints administered in a 15 minute window....to a MONKEY.  They gave an already impossible dosage to an animal 1/10 the size of a human.  They basically fumigated the monkeys, and they refused to release details of the experiment till pretty recently.
Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#459  Edited By Bionicicide

I don't smoke, human lungs weren't meant to inhale smoke of any kind; but it should be legal if cigarettes are legal to smoke. It'll hurt organized crime like Mexican drug cartels and even terrorists like the Taliban who rely on the opium trade (local farmers grow it and Taliban take a fee).

And then we can pardon the ones in prison for possession (overflowing our prisons) and focus efforts on rapists and killers (although driving while high should carry the same sentence as drunk driving).

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By Ryax
@Bionicicide said:
" I don't smoke, human lungs weren't meant to inhale smoke of any kind; but it should be legal if cigarettes are legal to smoke. It'll hurt organized crime like Mexican drug cartels and even terrorists like the Taliban who rely on the opium trade (local farmers grow it and Taliban take a fee).  And then we can pardon the ones in prison for possession (overflowing our prisons) and focus efforts on rapists and killers (although driving while high should carry the same sentence as drunk driving). "
so legalizing marijuana is going to hurt the opium market? and its going to stop the inflow of cocaine? i never knew that
bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By bombHills

Marijuana users are not criminals. Stop backing up our courts with marijuana cases. 

Legalize it.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By Bionicicide
@Ryax said:
" @Bionicicide said:
" I don't smoke, human lungs weren't meant to inhale smoke of any kind; but it should be legal if cigarettes are legal to smoke. It'll hurt organized crime like Mexican drug cartels and even terrorists like the Taliban who rely on the opium trade (local farmers grow it and Taliban take a fee).  And then we can pardon the ones in prison for possession (overflowing our prisons) and focus efforts on rapists and killers (although driving while high should carry the same sentence as drunk driving). "
so legalizing marijuana is going to hurt the opium market? and its going to stop the inflow of cocaine? i never knew that "
"Hurt" doesn't mean "stop".
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463  Edited By Ryax
@Bionicicide said:
" @Ryax said:
" @Bionicicide said:
so legalizing marijuana is going to hurt the opium market? and its going to stop the inflow of cocaine? i never knew that "
"Hurt" doesn't mean "stop". "
either way, legalizing marijuana isnt going to hurt the opium industry and its not going to hurt the cartel. 
citizenjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464  Edited By citizenjp

I smoke weed all day every day.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465  Edited By arkasai
@Ryax: If anything it might dissuade people from buying opium in favor of marijuana.  Though I cant think of a single time I've had to choose between the two.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466  Edited By Ryax
@Arkasai said:
" @Ryax: If anything it might dissuade people from buying opium in favor of marijuana.  Though I cant think of a single time I've had to choose between the two. "
well there are opiates, but straight opium is hard to come by. but even still ive never met anyone who said "should i buy weed or oxy/heroin?"
Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By Bionicicide
@Ryax said:

" @Bionicicide said:

" @Ryax said:

" @Bionicicide said:
"Hurt" doesn't mean "stop". "
either way, legalizing marijuana isnt going to hurt the opium industry and its not going to hurt the cartel.  "
Oh, shit. I thought opium was another word for the plants that marijuana came from. Replace opium trade with marijuana.

My bad.

Of course exact figures are hard to come by, but I thought I read that half of the United States dealers imports their marijuana.
spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#468  Edited By spaceturtle
@MOLE:
So if I have gotten this right, you are basing your facts of a documentary? Well, I have not seen this documentary, but keep in mind the documentary is made by people like you and me and the directors will always take a subjective stand when making it. In other words, the directors look at the case from a certain perspective not because they choose to, but because their human. This means, nothing made by man can ever be trusted fully. They angle the documentary to put the government in a bad spot and to make them hated. But I'm not saying the government is always right, mind you.

But seriously, the whole fucking world, every country and every government except ONE (that I know of) does NOT approve of marijuana. If scientists had proven there where no danger to the drug I bet you the governments would hold back so hard on the legalization marijuana. You WILL end up in prison if the police ever catch you with a lot of marijuana.  And what does this all tell you? IT IS STUPID SMOKING MARIJUANA! Cause these are all facts and I'm guessing you already know that.
dfsvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By dfsvegas

I thought it should  @Atlas:  

Here's the thing... Whether marijuana is illegal or not, people are going to smoke it (as I am, this very moment). So society is going to have to deal with any health side effects either way. 

I personally, as a pot smoker, want it legalized and taxed. Considering legal marijuana would be far cheaper, due to abundance, I wouldn't mind paying that tax. 

Once again, if keeping it illegal meant nobody smoked it, and it didn't lead crime, then I'd probably reevaluate. But literally MILLIONS of people are smoking right this second. Making it legal is the ONLY responsible option.  

Of course, how lucky are we to have an irresponsible government?

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470  Edited By MOLE
@SPACETURTLE said:
" @MOLE: So if I have gotten this right, you are basing your facts of a documentary? Well, I have not seen this documentary, but keep in mind the documentary is made by people like you and me and the directors will always take a subjective stand when making it. In other words, the directors look at the case from a certain perspective not because they choose to, but because their human. This means, nothing made by man can ever be trusted fully. They angle the documentary to put the government in a bad spot and to make them hated. But I'm not saying the government is always right, mind you.  But seriously, the whole fucking world, every country and every government except ONE (that I know of) does NOT approve of marijuana. If scientists had proven there where no danger to the drug I bet you the governments would hold back so hard on the legalization marijuana. You WILL end up in prison if the police ever catch you with a lot of marijuana.  And what does this all tell you? IT IS STUPID SMOKING MARIJUANA! Cause these are all facts and I'm guessing you already know that. "
Yes i'm aware that people can lie on both sides of the argument.    But just go back in history and see what the government showed to the people.  What they showed back then would be laughable on today's standards.   Their anti pot ads were so pathetic.  They showed people driving a car, running over a guy and not giving a shit.  They showed people acting as if they're a mental patient wanting to kill everyone around them.    It freaked people out, especially when it was considered official back then, just like what's considered official these days is the real deal, and anything opposing it must be false.  

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By Ryax
@DFSVegas said:
" I thought it should  @Atlas:   Here's the thing... Whether marijuana is illegal or not, people are going to smoke it (as I am, this very moment). So society is going to have to deal with any health side effects either way.  I personally, as a pot smoker, want it legalized and taxed. Considering legal marijuana would be far cheaper, due to abundance, I wouldn't mind paying that tax.  Once again, if keeping it illegal meant nobody smoked it, and it didn't lead crime, then I'd probably reevaluate. But literally MILLIONS of people are smoking right this second. Making it legal is the ONLY responsible option.   Of course, how lucky are we to have an irresponsible government? "
i smoke all day. not even joking. i smoke it as much as i smoke cigarettes. which is often. but, i worry that if its legal they will make it less potent.
MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472  Edited By MOLE

^^^ The problem with smoking daily is creating high tolerance, which sucks.  

I think if they make it into an industry, you'll see it just like how alcohol is made.  You have cheap shitty brands, and you have high expensive quality brands.  The same can be applied to marijuana.  If the people demand it, they'll more and likely do it.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473  Edited By spaceturtle
@MOLE said:

" @SPACETURTLE said:

" @MOLE: So if I have gotten this right, you are basing your facts of a documentary? Well, I have not seen this documentary, but keep in mind the documentary is made by people like you and me and the directors will always take a subjective stand when making it. In other words, the directors look at the case from a certain perspective not because they choose to, but because their human. This means, nothing made by man can ever be trusted fully. They angle the documentary to put the government in a bad spot and to make them hated. But I'm not saying the government is always right, mind you.  But seriously, the whole fucking world, every country and every government except ONE (that I know of) does NOT approve of marijuana. If scientists had proven there where no danger to the drug I bet you the governments would hold back so hard on the legalization marijuana. You WILL end up in prison if the police ever catch you with a lot of marijuana.  And what does this all tell you? IT IS STUPID SMOKING MARIJUANA! Cause these are all facts and I'm guessing you already know that. "
Yes i'm aware that people can lie on both sides of the argument.    But just go back in history and see what the government showed to the people.  What they showed back then would be laughable on today's standards.   Their anti pot ads were so pathetic.  They showed people driving a car, running over a guy and not giving a shit.  They showed people acting as if they're a mental patient wanting to kill everyone around them.    It freaked people out, especially when it was considered official back then, just like what's considered official these days is the real deal, and anything opposing it must be false.       " 

Yeah, back then the government (the American government of course)  used these crazy ads to keep people away and keeping them from using it. And yes, I can understand you're doubting the government today because of that. But I think partly the government made them ads the way they did because of lack of knowledge maybe... I'm not saying they didn't know the effects back then, but now they know so much more. But that is really besides the point. Why do you think they even started ads against the drug? Why even bother to make it illegal? Why would they go through so much effort to make the drug as little accessible as possible?

Btw, I hope you're taking this as a friendly discussion? There are so many people here that get all fired up when exchanging opinions.

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#474  Edited By Demonstride

Indifferent,  if its legal then great but I don't care if it stays illegal.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475  Edited By sodiumCyclops

It should be legal and moderated. Tobacco should be outright illegal.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476  Edited By arkasai
@sodiumCyclops said:
" It should be legal and moderated. Tobacco should be outright illegal. "
With how addictive nicotine is, I predict outlawing it would cause more crime and violence than outlawing alcohol. 
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#477  Edited By lazyturtle
@Emilio said:

" Eh... that depends. If its legal, that means you'll get it at the store and will probably have to start paying some kinda special tax on it.  While if its legal to own AND grow, then that's another thing.  But still, it all depends on how responsible people can be with it. If they make it available to 18+ or 21+ folks, then I dunno.  It all really depends. "

Yea...like you don't already? The legislature in my state has proposed a tax for the sale of medical marijuana..$30/ounce. They also are proposing a price cap of $100/ounce..I can live with that. 

No way once its legal that the current price scheme will hold.It'll be WAY cheaper.
Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#478  Edited By Synthballs

Smoke weed everyday... 420 bitches.

AaronAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479  Edited By AaronAlex

Legalize it, its no worse then smoking a ciggarette.

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480  Edited By MOLE
@SPACETURTLE said:

Yeah, back then the government (the American government of course)  used these crazy ads to keep people away and keeping them from using it. And yes, I can understand you're doubting the government today because of that. But I think partly the government made them ads the way they did because of lack of knowledge maybe... I'm not saying they didn't know the effects back then, but now they know so much more. But that is really besides the point. Why do you think they even started ads against the drug? Why even bother to make it illegal? Why would they go through so much effort to make the drug as little accessible as possible?

Btw, I hope you're taking this as a friendly discussion? There are so many people here that get all fired up when exchanging opinions.

It's very hard to say, i've looked around so much to find out the main cause why it was illegal to began with.    From what i've found, it had to do with illegal immigrants, and the people didn't like them hopping the border.  As they came over to America, they brought a lot of marijuana with them.   Americans found that it was a way for them to relax and deal with the tough times back then.   Anything to make them arrested was wanted, so they made pot illegal.     But that's once side of the story.

It's also believed that when they made alcohol legal again, the men at the  Federal Bureau of Narcotics were afraid that they would lose their job, so they decided to force something else into law.   So they picked marijuana, perhaps it's linked with the idea of people not wanting immigrants, so the word spreaded and it gave the guys at the government a hint that it's the perfect opportunity. 
Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481  Edited By Jesus

Legalize it... 
Makes you happy... lazy and tired... Does not cause cancer... Non-addictive... 
Oh ya horrible...

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482  Edited By Ryax
@Jesus said:
" Legalize it... Makes you happy... lazy and tired... Does not cause cancer... Non-addictive... Oh ya horrible... "
ITS THE WORST!!! the human cant take so much.... umm.... what?
Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483  Edited By Jesus
@Ryax said:
" @Jesus said:
" Legalize it... Makes you happy... lazy and tired... Does not cause cancer... Non-addictive... Oh ya horrible... "
ITS THE WORST!!! the human cant take so much.... umm.... what? "
I mean if weed is illegal... cigarettes might as well be illegal as well.. 
MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484  Edited By MOLE

^^^ Same applies with alcohol.  Of course it would just create way more problems then it would actually solve.

People think if pot is legalized, somehow magically every single person is going to be be high all day every day.  Of course people abuse pot all the time, but if used in moderation there's no real threat.  You can still drive a car perfectly fine,  you can cook, make things, exercise.....anything.   The problem is that in that state of mind, you find things to be rather pointless and stupid to began with.   People think stoners don't know what's going on......then again it depends on the pot.

There are thousands of strains, each strain has a different effect than the other.   The stuff i'm smoking right now is more of a self aware strain, where I can hear every damn sound in my house.   It doesn't dull the senses, but in fact increases the senses to a new height......then again it's a matter of what strain you're smoking.   That's what it comes down to, which is why people need to learn which should be used in close moderation to what they're trying to accomplish.

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#485  Edited By ManlyBeast

Anyone with a at least a half working brain knows it should be legal.

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont think your going to get a lot of people against pot on the internet you know.

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487  Edited By krystians
@oldschool said:
" Legal.  It is a health issue, not a law one.    It should not be sold for profit though, that should stay illegal,but if you want to grow a plant for your own purposes, it is no business of the government.  I never ever use it and never will and I think it is entirely stupid to use it, but you can't legislate against stupidity and it is none of my business.  Plus, it is far less dangerous to society than tobacco and alcohol, and they are legal and massive profit earners. "
yes but now add one more things people can use to ruin their health and inhibitions, and the whole country will go under. I say keep it illigal to all. 
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#488  Edited By oldschool
@krystians said:
" @oldschool said:
" Legal.  It is a health issue, not a law one.    It should not be sold for profit though, that should stay illegal,but if you want to grow a plant for your own purposes, it is no business of the government.  I never ever use it and never will and I think it is entirely stupid to use it, but you can't legislate against stupidity and it is none of my business.  Plus, it is far less dangerous to society than tobacco and alcohol, and they are legal and massive profit earners. "
yes but now add one more things people can use to ruin their health and inhibitions, and the whole country will go under. I say keep it illigal to all.  "
Maybe it will ruin your health and cut your inhibitions, but don't speak for everyone.  Prohibition doesn't work and what happened to personal liberty in the USA?  Is that only for guns?
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By Ryax
@oldschool said:
" @krystians said:
" @oldschool said:
yes but now add one more things people can use to ruin their health and inhibitions, and the whole country will go under. I say keep it illigal to all.  "
Maybe it will ruin your health and cut your inhibitions, but don't speak for everyone.  Prohibition doesn't work and what happened to personal liberty in the USA?  Is that only for guns? "
its true. we should be able to choose for ourselves if we want to smoke or not. and the government shouldnt have illegalized it because everyone reacts different to it and we are in no danger no matter who we are. no recorded deaths from marijuana, but lots of deaths from cigarettes and alcohol 
Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#490  Edited By Korne

Make it legal... it doesn't do much harm. Regulate it like Alcohol.