Avatar image for brandoncooper17
brandoncooper17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By brandoncooper17

Right now and who would you vote for? I would say wait till fall since one has to happen then no point in having it early.

but i dont like Harper at all i rather vote for any one i dont mind his party i just hate him!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Subjugation

You might want to proof-read your thread title next time.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By crusader8463

One to many a's in canadian. 

As for who I would vote for, I can't say. They would all screw it up in their own way, but I guess I would keep voting NDP.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Harper. Again. 

Yeah that's right. WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Oldirtybearon
@billnyethesciencepie said:

" @KingWilly: NO BECAUSE I DONT FIGHT DISABLED KIDS  BOOM "

HIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

damn that was a good one =(
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ihmishylje

So, um, what are you voting for in Canada now?

Edit: Right, I mean, what should you be voting for?

Avatar image for brandoncooper17
brandoncooper17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By brandoncooper17

Ya i would vote ndp. They wont win though i mean there always so far behind when i still like them because there more for little people.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#11  Edited By LordAndrew

Green Party majority! Woo woo!

Eh, they're all pretty unimpressive.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lazyturtle

Hmm. I'm an American. Clearly written into our Constitution is the fact that we don't give a shit about anyone else's politics. :) 

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Deusoma

I always vote for the Green Party. Honestly, this really has nothing to do with their politics. Part of it is that they are historically the only party that doesn't run obnoxious attack ads, and part of it is that I'd rather throw my vote away than vote for either of the two main parties, because everyone secretly knows that things aren't actually going to change no matter who wins. 

Oh dear, politics always manages to bring out the cynic in me. I'm going to go look at videos of adorable kittens until I'm in a better mood.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By FLStyle
@lazyturtle said:
" Hmm. I'm an American. Clearly written into our Constitution is the fact that we don't give a shit about anyone else's politics. :)  "
Way to give your pointless opinion, I guess?
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By nintendoeats

Hand A: If there is an election then I would either have to actually do some research (which will suck, because last time I looked all the parties are completely unexciting and equally bullshity) OR I would have to feel guilty about not excercising my small amount fo politicial power.

Hand B: Everybody seems to agree that Stephen Harper is a twat (not nearly on the same level as an American twat, but twatty nonetheless). An election gives people a chance to get rid of him and stop bitching for a while.

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By endless_void

They're all the same old shit anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de441812a230
deactivated-5de441812a230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463 said:
" One to many a's in canadian.  As for who I would vote for, I can't say. They would all screw it up in their own way, but I guess I would keep voting NDP. "
One too few 'o's in too. 
mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By mazik765
@brandoncooper17 said:
" Ya i would vote ndp. They wont win though i mean there always so far behind when i still like them because there more for little people. "
I was almost thinking NDP, but if this is the level of education they support I'd be forced to change my vote....
pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By pwnasaurus

just get rid of harper. he is so slimy i hate him.

VanillaPlant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By VanillaPlant

Cornelius the First    

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By Chris2KLee

I want Harper out, mostly because he looks like a low rent Bond villain with his creepy pale eyes.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ihmishylje
@FLStyle said:
" @lazyturtle said:
" Hmm. I'm an American. Clearly written into our Constitution is the fact that we don't give a shit about anyone else's politics. :)  "
Way to give your pointless opinion, I guess? "
I'd ask about Canadian politics, but I'd just get ignored or told to Google it, probably.
bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bybeach
@FLStyle said:
" @lazyturtle said:
Way to give your pointless opinion, I guess? "

I wish it was a pointless opinion. Irony my man irony. 

I hope you candians pull together, and vote in ppl. who give a real damn about their voters, and keep the US out of your affairs on some points. I wish I could extend the same idea to the country  south but nothing but violence and bad drugs are coming from mexico. Nor am I happy about the illegal aliens, but I do feel sorry for them and wish Mexico had a standard of living like Canada. You don't see too many run of the mill canadians needing to be in the US. 

Vote in the best ppl. and keep it that way despite your ethnic difficulties.    :)
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By crusader8463
@GravityProof said:
" @crusader8463 said:
" One to many a's in canadian.  As for who I would vote for, I can't say. They would all screw it up in their own way, but I guess I would keep voting NDP. "
One too few 'o's in too.  "
Ya, I spilled some water on my keyboard and now the o, r and v key doesn't always depress fully.
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lazyturtle
@FLStyle: It was more of a sarcastic comment. Honestly I wasn't even aware that there was an upcoming election in Canada...and the only Canadian politician I'm familiar with is Harper. I think hes a conservative, which is similar to an American Democrat right? Its not something that comes up on our news ever. 

Seriously, that is the level of interest Americans have in foreign politics. If we're not getting ready to bomb it, we don't know anything about it.  Shameful really...we should at least be aware of Canadian and Mexican politics since they are our two biggest trading partners. Then again our politics are so hopelessly screwed up and confusing that its hard to pay attention to anyone else's. 
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By FLStyle
@bybeach:@lazyturtle: Ahhh, I thought it was general ignorance, sarcasm doesn't translate well on forums, as you were.
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ihmishylje
@lazyturtle said:
" @FLStyle: It was more of a sarcastic comment. Honestly I wasn't even aware that there was an upcoming election in Canada...and the only Canadian politician I'm familiar with is Harper. I think hes a conservative, which is similar to an American Democrat right? Its not something that comes up on our news ever.  Seriously, that is the level of interest Americans have in foreign politics. If we're not getting ready to bomb it, we don't know anything about it.  Shameful really...we should at least be aware of Canadian and Mexican politics since they are our two biggest trading partners. Then again our politics are so hopelessly screwed up and confusing that its hard to pay attention to anyone else's.  "
Oh, so you are well versed in all the cultures you have bombed? :D

Just kidding, and it's a bit of shame, yes, but your country is so big and so important on a global level that it's understandable people mainly concern themselves with what's of immediate importance to their own lives. People are like that everywhere. It really is only a minority that gives a shit about politics to begin with, let alone international politics. Even though, if you don't give a shit about politics, you indirectly don't give a shit about your own values, or even your life, because ultimately that's what's on the line when all those politician types get in a room and decide it for you.
bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bigsmoke77
@lazyturtle:  Harper would be a Republican and there is a threat of election but its probably going to happen because the oppostion is going to reject the budget that was tabled today. This will a result in a month long campaign not a two year one.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MikkaQ

Probably no one because every politician in canada is center-left or center-right, so moderate. Our politics are weak and watered down and it's the same people making the same lack of decisions time and again. I've given up on national elections here. There's literally no difference between our parties. And we keep getting minority governments. Nothing ever gets done.

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bigsmoke77
@XII_Sniper:  I would encourage you to at least show up and write down "Fuck the system" and check a box next to that
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MikkaQ
@bigsmoke77: I guess so, but that's not even my style. It might be seen as bad not to vote, but I literally don't complain about the leader either way. My only hope if anything is that we have a majority government. Right or left, at least a decision will be made.

I voted in my mayoral elections, and despite losing to someone I hate, I'll keep voting for those. But our national politics are so messy ugh.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By keyhunter
@billnyethesciencepie said:
" Ignatieff, because only Harper would invest an extra few billion for seniors aid -.- "
Good call. I'm looking forward to his 75 dollar iPod tax.
MisterDunlap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MisterDunlap

I just realized how absolutely little I know about Canadian politics. Time to do some research.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lazyturtle
@FLStyle: Its sad (but completely understandable) that you would assume I was serious. For such a world wide power, you'd think we would be more aware of the politics of those around us.  But..thats how we are: aggressive, rude and ignorant. And well armed.
@XII_Sniper: I wish we had center candidates. In the US we mostly have extremist candidates. Personally I'd call Obama a centrist, he's certainly not liberal (unless you are a right winger) and obviously not conservative. In America moderates usually get drowned out by the far left and right...meaning little to nothing can ever really get done right. Does that happen in Canada too?

@Ihmishylje:  Well...we can point to it on a map AFTER we start bombing...thats a start right? 
MechaDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MechaDestroyer
@DarthOniXVIII said:
" I just realized how absolutely little I know about Canadian politics. Time to do some research. "
It's worth it: if only to break the stupid minority government trend that has plagued Canadian politics since the PC/Alliance merger.  Get more people out to vote, maybe we'll have a majority government one day and put an end to this stupid "will the government fall this year?!" trend.