Quick List

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By HumanityPlague

A few of my favorite games, in no real order (might come back to this later)

EDIT:  Put up some thoughts on each game.

1. Planescape Torment -- For having a masterful story, an intriguing protagonist/plot, and for having an epic feel.

2. Space Rangers 2: Reloaded -- For letting me play however I want, and for being completely bonkers.  The "Reloaded" stuff is also pretty good.

3. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines  -- If I could run it in Win7 *grumble*, but having good characters, interesting play mechanics, and making me care about some stupid haunted building.

4. Suikoden 2  -- Again, has a wonderful story, a great  cast of characters, turn-based combat at it's best, and still being the best PS1 rpg to date.

5. Suikoden 5  -- Not as great as Suikoden 2, but still better than 98% of the stuff Square shits out on a yearly basis.  The  camera is problematic at times, but it does have a unique story, with women in actual power (and not just being dumbass pop-stars)

6. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (obviously) -- For introducing me to the Megami universe, for having Dante in it, and for the epic feeling that the world has ended.

7. Vagrant Story -- A great battle system, an item/weapon system that is insane, and for starting a huge argument with an ex-friend of mine.

8. Parasite Eve -- The "Kyrie" song is great, lovely graphics, and a unique storyline.  Also, running around in combat was fun.

9. Castlevania: SOTN -- For being the best "Metroidvania" of them all.  Plus, the Crissaegrim TOTALLY breaks the game, in a lot of fun ways.

10. Deathrow (Xbox game)  -- For being the only sport game I give a shit about.  If Deathrow was real, I'd be WAY into it.

11. Super Mario World -- Still a classic, still fun, and the feather totally kicks the flower in the ass.

12. Mario RPG -- Yo, Geno & the Axem Rangers.  'Nuff said.

13. Okami -- For being the best Zelda game ever.  The art style  is still gorgeous to look at.

14. Rom Check Fail -- For being completely insane (and free), and a huge mashup of different characters and gameplays.  The only way it could be better, is adding more stuff into it.

15. Audiosurf  -- A unique game, very colorful, but challenging.  I only use Eraser mode though.

16. Darksiders  --  For being the 2nd best Zelda game, for having Mark Hamill as evil-Navi, and because Death's Scythe is huge.

17. Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES one)  --  A few items are meaningless, but there is no better feeling when you grab the master sword.  Funny that it can still be upgraded 2 times.

18. Burnout 3  --  Obsessively trying to get 40 Road Rage crashes in a single event was maddening, but still a blast.  Also had a great soundtrack.

19. Starfox 64 -- The homosexual innuendo in the game is fabulous!  Also, I really like the gameplay, and graphics.  "Use the boost to get through!", indeed Peppy, indeed.

20. Goldeneye (N64 one)  -- Still has terrific multiplayer, and controls for a console FPS.  It's showing it's age now, but is still a classic.

21. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2  -- I love Cyclops in this game.  Also, Gambit, and Ice Man.  And I'm forever pissed they aren't in MvsC3.

22. The Witcher 2 -- Interesting branching story.  The combat is flexible but a bit hard to understand in the beginning.  Also, the crafting is fairly nuts.

23. Assassin's Creed 2 (I'll explain later)  --  This is a bit weird.  I Gamefly'd AC2 like a year ago for the 360, and hated it.  I think I got up to the point where you get the poison and sent it back.  About 2 months ago, I got it for the PC and fell in love with it.  I'm using a 360 controller, so that isn't the problem.  My tv just made AC2 look terrible, and I couldn't read anything.  But on my PC, I beat it, and quickly got Brotherhood.  Ironically, I don't like Brotherhood as much.  The story seems smaller as does the world.  Also, because you have access to the gun/crossbow at the start, it made the game really easy.

and soon, 24. Forza Motorsport 4.

Yeah, I think I'll come back to this list. There's a few more I'll add, and maybe give a few thoughts on each one. I can already explain Forza Motorsport 4: Yo, it has JEREMY CLARKSON in it. The guys making Forza 4, win at life people.

EDIT: There's NO Jeremy Clarkson page on GB. I find this to be an outrage. So, I did my duty and created one, with the standard moderation time. I'll attach this blog to it, once it gets approved.

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HumanityPlague

A few of my favorite games, in no real order (might come back to this later)

EDIT:  Put up some thoughts on each game.

1. Planescape Torment -- For having a masterful story, an intriguing protagonist/plot, and for having an epic feel.

2. Space Rangers 2: Reloaded -- For letting me play however I want, and for being completely bonkers.  The "Reloaded" stuff is also pretty good.

3. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines  -- If I could run it in Win7 *grumble*, but having good characters, interesting play mechanics, and making me care about some stupid haunted building.

4. Suikoden 2  -- Again, has a wonderful story, a great  cast of characters, turn-based combat at it's best, and still being the best PS1 rpg to date.

5. Suikoden 5  -- Not as great as Suikoden 2, but still better than 98% of the stuff Square shits out on a yearly basis.  The  camera is problematic at times, but it does have a unique story, with women in actual power (and not just being dumbass pop-stars)

6. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (obviously) -- For introducing me to the Megami universe, for having Dante in it, and for the epic feeling that the world has ended.

7. Vagrant Story -- A great battle system, an item/weapon system that is insane, and for starting a huge argument with an ex-friend of mine.

8. Parasite Eve -- The "Kyrie" song is great, lovely graphics, and a unique storyline.  Also, running around in combat was fun.

9. Castlevania: SOTN -- For being the best "Metroidvania" of them all.  Plus, the Crissaegrim TOTALLY breaks the game, in a lot of fun ways.

10. Deathrow (Xbox game)  -- For being the only sport game I give a shit about.  If Deathrow was real, I'd be WAY into it.

11. Super Mario World -- Still a classic, still fun, and the feather totally kicks the flower in the ass.

12. Mario RPG -- Yo, Geno & the Axem Rangers.  'Nuff said.

13. Okami -- For being the best Zelda game ever.  The art style  is still gorgeous to look at.

14. Rom Check Fail -- For being completely insane (and free), and a huge mashup of different characters and gameplays.  The only way it could be better, is adding more stuff into it.

15. Audiosurf  -- A unique game, very colorful, but challenging.  I only use Eraser mode though.

16. Darksiders  --  For being the 2nd best Zelda game, for having Mark Hamill as evil-Navi, and because Death's Scythe is huge.

17. Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES one)  --  A few items are meaningless, but there is no better feeling when you grab the master sword.  Funny that it can still be upgraded 2 times.

18. Burnout 3  --  Obsessively trying to get 40 Road Rage crashes in a single event was maddening, but still a blast.  Also had a great soundtrack.

19. Starfox 64 -- The homosexual innuendo in the game is fabulous!  Also, I really like the gameplay, and graphics.  "Use the boost to get through!", indeed Peppy, indeed.

20. Goldeneye (N64 one)  -- Still has terrific multiplayer, and controls for a console FPS.  It's showing it's age now, but is still a classic.

21. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2  -- I love Cyclops in this game.  Also, Gambit, and Ice Man.  And I'm forever pissed they aren't in MvsC3.

22. The Witcher 2 -- Interesting branching story.  The combat is flexible but a bit hard to understand in the beginning.  Also, the crafting is fairly nuts.

23. Assassin's Creed 2 (I'll explain later)  --  This is a bit weird.  I Gamefly'd AC2 like a year ago for the 360, and hated it.  I think I got up to the point where you get the poison and sent it back.  About 2 months ago, I got it for the PC and fell in love with it.  I'm using a 360 controller, so that isn't the problem.  My tv just made AC2 look terrible, and I couldn't read anything.  But on my PC, I beat it, and quickly got Brotherhood.  Ironically, I don't like Brotherhood as much.  The story seems smaller as does the world.  Also, because you have access to the gun/crossbow at the start, it made the game really easy.

and soon, 24. Forza Motorsport 4.

Yeah, I think I'll come back to this list. There's a few more I'll add, and maybe give a few thoughts on each one. I can already explain Forza Motorsport 4: Yo, it has JEREMY CLARKSON in it. The guys making Forza 4, win at life people.

EDIT: There's NO Jeremy Clarkson page on GB. I find this to be an outrage. So, I did my duty and created one, with the standard moderation time. I'll attach this blog to it, once it gets approved.

loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#2  Edited By loopy_101

No Jeremy Clarkson page? *shakes head in disgust*

King_Bonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By King_Bonzo

I prefer Redemption to Bloodlines. That is all.

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HumanityPlague

@King_Bonzo: I never played Redemption, only Bloodlines. My understanding is that it's uglier (to be sure), but had a deeper RPG system in place.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Why isn't this an actual list?

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HumanityPlague

@Video_Game_King: Because me = lazy.

King_Bonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Bonzo
@HumanityPlague: yup pretty much! prefered the story too it spread from medieval europe to modern day london and  NY.
beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By beckley205

And theres none for Hammond, James, and the Stig when is Whiskey Media gonna make an automotive site?

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HumanityPlague

@beckley205: Eh, Clarkson is at least going to be a voice in Forza 4. I'm not sure if Hammond or May are doing VO work. "Racing" the Stig would be a cool mode though. And I'm sure they'll release some Stig avatar crap, assuming they haven't already (they probably have, I just don't know about it).

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Teleri

Good list.  I should play those of these that I haven't.

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HumanityPlague

@Teleri:Yes you should. Enough with this Zelda crap, play some good games. :p

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Example1013

Automotive sites can get kind of racist.

thisguyrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thisguyrich

HOw does planescape hold up? i still havent played, but would like to.
HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HumanityPlague

@thisguyrich: It holds up fairly well. Sure the graphics are out-dated as all hell, but some effects are still cool. Music/story/voice acting is still top notch. Plus, being a mage in the game is all-powerful.