• 52 results
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By Animasta

My cat of like 18 years, had him since I was 5 (or 6?), was put down because the vet said he wasn't long for this world and he was suffering, I am really fucking sad right now :(

r.i.p. buddy

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry for your loss.

norsedudetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta: I know how you feel, duder. Time is a healer in these cases, but cats stay in your heart forever. Try to think about the good memories. Sad, but sweet, and that raw sadness gives way to a warm, fuzzy thankfulness after a while. But yeah, it's rough.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sorry for your loss. Don't dwell on the current predicament but be happy your cat had a very long life and was obviously loved.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

18 years of experience in the world That cat had a great day.

Respect to you and your cat.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've got two 18 year olds that have been with me since I was 5. Sucks to even think about it.

Sorry for your loss.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

RIP man, 18 years is a long time dude. Sorry for your loss.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP, your cat.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Sad to hear. I know what it's like to go through a death of a beloved pet. It's very sad. :(

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm sorry. I dread the day one of my cats pass away. ;_;

I hope you feel better soon!

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Same thing happened to my cat 2 years ago. Sorry for your loss, it really sucks to lose a pet you've had for so long.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

C u at the crossroads kitty.

For the kitties, the kitties.
For the kitties, the kitties.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

I know how difficult that is. Take solace in knowing that he isn't suffering anymore. He moved on.

Cheers

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Sorry for your loss. RIP for your cat.

Tussler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for your loss. I have 2 cats (4 year old siblings) and i would be devastated if i lost any of them.

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As a fellow cat owner, I'm sorry for your loss. On the bright side, 18 years is a hell of a cat life.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my family's cats had to be put to rest last year because he was also very sick; I know how rough it feels, Animasta. I'm really sorry for you. Hang in there. If you have any other pets, give them ten times the usual affection.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Sorry for your loss. Always tough to lose a pet. :(

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to hear that. My cat died this year, as well. He was awesome, and it all happened so suddenly.

It gets easier, but you never forget a close pet like that.

goreyfantod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I need to go hug my kitty now. :(

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm sorry for your loss, but... you know 18 is old for a cat, right? You should actually be happy it lived that long. =)

Think of the positive stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear bout that

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bummer :( Glad to hear that your cat lived a long life though.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rollingzeppelin

So sorry to hear that duder :(. I just got a cat a couple months ago and he's the most adorable little bugger I've ever seen, I would be devastated if he died.

What was his name?

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Poor kitty. RIP. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a cat that was 21 (or maybe even 22) when he died, so I know the feeling. Just remember how great the cat was and know it lived a long and fulfilling life.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By Animasta

@rollingzeppelin said:

So sorry to hear that duder :(. I just got a cat a couple months ago and he's the most adorable little bugger I've ever seen, I would be devastated if he died.

What was his name?

buddy, sheesh, read the OP next time! (:P)

thanks y'all, I'm better now, I've known it was coming for a while but you know how it goes

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta: Oh I thought you were just using buddy as friend, especially since you didn't capitalise it. Glad to see you're feeling better.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#29  Edited By SMTDante89

I'm really sorry to hear that. We lost our dog earlier this year and it's been hard for us to move on. Glad to see you're feeling better now though.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta: I'm so sorry for your loss man! Take it easy, and cherish the memories - nothing wrong with grieving.

Rolkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost my cat when he was about 1 and a half... liver issues and I didn't have enough money to take him to the vet. :(
He was my first like actual household pet, and probably will be my last till i get out of my current home

Can't get anymore pets because my mom wouldn't be able to deal with losing another one.

So I feel you on that one, hope you feel better.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That always sucks. Sorry for your loss.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn sorry dude, death of a pet can be pretty effecting for some people.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know the exact feeling. My dog was put down right when I graduated High School, had her for as long as I could remember, and it took me a few months before I could even look at a dog without quickly looking away.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I adopted two cats and can hardly fathom how devastating it'd be to lose them. I once had a guinea pig that passed away and I literally, personally buried her when I was much younger, though, and that was definitely a tough experience for me.

So yeah, yo, I'm sending positive vibes your way through the Internet~ ♥

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I just lost my 9 year old dog earlier this year. It was one of the hardest things I've had to go through. My dog (Jasper) and I were pretty much best friends. We always did stuff together and now it feels like a part of me is gone.

So, my thoughts are with you @animasta. It fucking sucks losing a pet. The only advice I can give is to try and focus on the good times. Maybe go through some pictures/videos you have of him/her, and remember, it does get easier with time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People that don't have pet's don't fully understand how deviating this can be, lost my cat's some time ago (all in their 20's). It suck balls, but it does get better. R.I.P Buddy.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Ive lost Cats too, keep getting more and setting myself up for the inevitable heartbreak when they get old. The good thing to keep in mind is that whilst they are with you they are having a great life, they could be homeless running around eating scraps or with someone who mistreats them but no, he was with you and you took care of him and he was happy. Its the reason i keep getting more (got 4 at the moment), its sad to lose them but for every Cat i take home that's one less Cat having a miserable time and that's what gets me through the hard times.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:(

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really hard losing a pet, especially when they've been part of your family for so long.

Remember the good times with buddy.

Condolences duder.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gatehouse

Sorry for your loss duder, I hope you and Buddy shared some awesome times together.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Condolences, as grew up on a farm with a huge amount of space for cats to explore and similarly more dangers, our cats rarely lived more than seven years (we've had around four, during the last 24 years). Still, it was always a tragedy if one died, less so if one went missing, since that usually just meant it had decided on a new owner, where the available food where more enticing. I still clearly remember the day I came home and found our 9 year old female dead in the ditch, I tend to be fairly slow to anger, but at the time I wanted to find the culprit and smash their car, or something similar. Instead I decided to bury it. I was only seven and it was a way for me to, in a small way, honor her memory, she is still fondly remembered in hour family. I've never had a cat, or any pet since moving out, partly because I would want a lot of outdoor space for the cat to explore, but probably also because I would be constantly worrying about its safety for when I'm not around.

Instead, I just visit my parents and their two cats, both of whom are constantly around, at least outside. They are actually mom and daughter, mainly due to an oversight (she where supposed to have been sterilized before then) which resulted in six kittens, all but one are now happily adopted, the last one was just too irresistible. The kittens slept outside, meaning each morning you where met by what can only be described as a carpet of kittens, streaming up the stairs to get to the food. This followed by the morning nab, a short respite before the playtime began. Extremely entertaining, while also making you slowly sink into madness.

Anyway, while visiting I captured a short video of them playing. I apologize if I'm making it worse, but they certainly cheer me up.

Loading Video...

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost my house-mate Tebeatt about 2 1/2 years now. Scrawny, surprisingly intelligent and dog-like devoted. So I can relate.

I acquired 2 cats since then for some reason after that experience, out of a stray litter. In time that may work for you. But one faces that whole scenario of short life/long life again. A suggestion, but not sure.

My condolences.

Appuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for your loss. My cat died 3 weeks ago. She was 23 years old. Sad but saw it coming.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@animasta: Had to go through the same thing like 3 years ago. I feel your pain. It sucks. I couldn't even go to the vet with my mom. It was too hard to even think about.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BonOrbitz

@animasta: I'm so terrribly sorry. We may have to put one of our cats to sleep this weekend and I feel so sick to my stomach and sad. I don't think of her as a "cat" because she doesn't act like one like our other two cats do. She's more like a toddler to me and that makes it so incredibly hard. I can't tell you the last time I felt this much sadness. Not to talk all about myself, but it's more to say that you aren't alone. It's great that you love and cared for such a creature and the fact you are sad enough to post about what happened tells me he/she had a wonderful and loving home.

A co-worker is going to lend me this book. I hope it will help because goddamn does this hurt. Maybe you should read it too if it'll help with the grieving process.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry dude. I totally know what that feels - I've had to say goodbye to 4 dogs, 3 cats and 2 birds over the last 20 years. It never gets any easier and you'll never replace the ones you've lost but it does get better. If you can, give another animal a home and the love it deserves. Something my family has been doing the last few months is fostering. I don't know if you are in the US but I know that a lot of animal shelters like the Humane Society are overstocked with kittens and puppies from the breeding season over the spring and summer and they usually don't have room for them all. They let you take them home (usually when they are around 4-6 weeks old) and give you the supplies to feed and take care of them. Once they hit about 8 weeks you take them back to the shelter and they put them up for adoption (or you can keep them if you want). It's really cool because you can help nurture and take care of them but it doesn't cost you anything but time. Over the last 3 months we've fostered 10 kittens, and we'll be getting more in about 2 weeks. It's something you should look into if you have the time, if you want.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I'm really sorry to hear about that @animasta. I lost one of my cats in early December. She was 17 years old. That came as a huge shock because, compared to her much weaker sister who is still alive at 18, she was always the lively one. Then on May 14th, the universe piled on and took my dog, Kirby, from me at 14. That absolutely destroyed me because Kirby was my first dog and she was MY dog. I'm sorry you had to go through something similar as, even though it's inevitable with pets, I wouldn't wish such things on anyone. Stay strong.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Sorry for your loss. I had an 18-year-old cat pass away recently, as well. We adopted her when I was six!

I would love to see pictures of your cat sometime. It must have had a good family to live so long.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#50  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Sorry Animasta. Have 3 cats in my life now and hope very much they will be with me a long long time. I can imagine how you feel. You will be happy again soon! It is ok to be sad now.