Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By TheHumanDove

@DeathbyYeti said:

Resident Evil Damnation 6/10

Looper 5/10

I dont see why people are praising Looper for being the best sci fi movie in a while when it doesnt really do anything

Did you really just give Resident Evil a higher score than Looper? I'm all for opinions...but COME ONNNN

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Expendables 2.

Like a big, stupid love letter to every student of dumb as fuck 80s action movies. The airport scene justifies the price of admission alone.

8/10

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Against my better judgement, just watched the Chernobyl Diaries. 2/5

I thought it started off pretty well, but when shit hit the fan, it because unbearably predictable. Oddly enough, that's when the acting started to fall of as well. At one point, a guy is supposed to be screaming for his life and it sounds like he's faking it. It's amazingly unconvincing. I like the premise and a lot, but it's a mess of a film altogether.

Alle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Alle

The Perks of Being a Wallflower 4/5

Never read the book, but the movie was pretty good. If you go see it you just have to remember that the book was published back in early 1999.

FidusLingura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156  Edited By FidusLingura

Jurassic Shark 4/10

You know when you see a film and think "holy crap I know it will suck but I have to watch it" This one totally hit that nail on the head. The special effects suck , the acting sucks, the shark sucks. But my god its that bad you can't help but laugh. You know some guy had some epic vision to make this amazing movie and trying his hardest to make a feeling of tension and suspense like the Jaws films had, just to see this crappy animated shark eat bad actors who you dont believe in the stupidest ways possible

briareosph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By briareosph

Resident Evil: Degeneration...

Was alright but pretty meh, maybe I'm just burned out on zombies and RE in general. 6/10.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#158  Edited By butano

Last one I watched was Bernie, with Jack Black. Dark comedy about Bernie Tiede (I guess spoilers if you read that article?) that's kinda filmed like The Office or Parks and Recreation. I was actually really surprised by how good it was. Prolly give it a 4/5.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#159  Edited By triviaman09

Contagion (2011): 2/5

No characters that I cared anything about, too many characters period, an implausible story, and poorly executed attempts to elicit emotion from the audience.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#160  Edited By John1912

@Slumberpunch said:

Prometheus...8/10.

What the plot and story may have lacked, Charlize Theron in spandex made up for.

That movie was horrible. Bad plot, poor acting, completely unlikable chars, completely moronic chars..Hey look at me Im bad ass, im just going to take off my helmet on this alien planet! Lets go play with that tentacle in the cave! Fuck that movie sucks....

Also just watched Looper...6.5. Not overly interesting, and ultimately pointless plot that has no depth. Touching ending though.

nerdsbeware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#161  Edited By nerdsbeware

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

The Avengers. Thought it was excellent.

Ya. Just rewatched the BD last night. Love that movie.

Other than that, Looper which I would give 9/10.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#162  Edited By EarlessShrimp

Watched black dynamite for the 5th time, at least yesterday. To this day, it is still one of my favorite spoof movies of all time. It takes the plot of virtually every blaxploitation movie ever and puts it through an excellent b-quality movie filter with remarkable results. 5 kung fu kicks to the head out of 5

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#163  Edited By RockyRaccoon37
@John1912

@Slumberpunch said:

Prometheus...8/10.

What the plot and story may have lacked, Charlize Theron in spandex made up for.

That movie was horrible. Bad plot, poor acting, completely unlikable chars, completely moronic chars..Hey look at me Im bad ass, im just going to take off my helmet on this alien planet! Lets go play with that tentacle in the cave! Fuck that movie sucks....

Also just watched Looper...6.5. Not overly interesting, and ultimately pointless plot that has no depth. Touching ending though.

I maybe enjoyed L
RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By RockyRaccoon37
@RockyRaccoon37
@John1912

@Slumberpunch said:

Prometheus...8/10.

I maybe enjoyed L
I hate my phone.

Anyway, I enjoyed Looper a little more than you did but I'm totally with you on the ending, it was great.

Otherwise it had some serious pacing issues that bogged it down.
Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#165  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Re-watched a few things, and saw some 'new' shit...

Deathly Hallows pt1&2: a combined 3/5. Good movies, but at this point they are so far removed from the books in so many ways that it kind of detracts from the experience for me because I have a hard time looking at them as an isolated series vs. the books. I understand that a book and a movie can't be written the same way, but there's just some absolutely bizarre things they did to these movies that just come across as the worst type of pandering to the 'young adult' market.

Recoil: 3/5. It's a B-ass B-movie with Stone Cold and Danny Trejo. It culminates in the two of them beating the ever-loving shit out of each other for, like, 5 minutes straight (complete with Stone Cold giving Trejo a 'seriously?' look when he reaches for a machete). Not some super amazing character study, but a building does explode immediately upon impact from a muscle car so there's that.

@EarlessShrimp: I concur. I first saw that movie at like 4 am and it just destroyed my mind. I factually thought I was having a fever dream for a second. Fuck man, now I have to go watch it again.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#166  Edited By psykhophear

Dredd (2012). I loved that movie. It had an amazing retro feel to it and it was adapted from the comics with love and affection. It's one of my favorite films of 2012.

My rating: 4/5 stars

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#167  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I saw Starship Troopers 3: Marauder last night via Netflix. The lower budget shows through on a lot of special effects but overall the movie was solid. 3/5 and I like the the original better.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#168  Edited By Sambambo

Little Nicky

I thought it was good when I was young... I should have left it untouched...

2/10

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By deathbyyeti

@TheHumanDove: Looper bored me and was predictable. Also saying "I wont explain this time travel shit" is not an adequate way to not explain time travel shit

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Looper seems solid enough, plenty of issues with it time travel wise (or even single time incidence wise) but that's sort of something you have to let go if you're going to enjoy a Science Fiction movie. A bit cheesy at the end and don't really like the plot convenience. Don't know why it's so highly rated by critics but a nice film all the same. Superb setting, decent sense of humor.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#171  Edited By confusedowl

Watched "The Mist" just a little while ago. Pretty good movie but the ending...was a bit disturbing.

Emperor_Norton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Emperor_Norton

Last night I was lucky enough to attend a screening of a restored version of the forgotten 80s classic MIAMI CONNECTION. It was amazing.

Synopsis from the website:

The year is 1987. Motorcycle ninjas tighten their grip on Florida’s narcotics trade, viciously annihilating anyone who dares move in on their turf. Multi-national martial arts rock band Dragon Sound have had enough, and embark on a roundhouse wreck-wave of crime-crushing justice. When not chasing beach bunnies or performing their hit song “Against the Ninja,” Mark (kung-fu master/inspirational speaker Y.K. Kim) and the boys are kicking and chopping at the drug world’s smelliest underbelly. It’ll take every ounce of their blood and courage, but Dragon Sound can’t stop until they’ve completely destroyed the dealers, the drunk bikers, the kill-crazy ninjas, the middle-aged thugs, the “stupid cocaine”...and the entire MIAMI CONNECTION!!!

I give it 1000 motorcycle ninjas out of 10.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#173  Edited By MightyDuck

Last movie I saw in theaters was Expendables 2. I felt it totally nailed the dumb big summer action movie. 4/5.

PompousDawson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By PompousDawson

Looper gets a 4 and 1/2 stars out of 5. If you like sci-fi at all you should watch this movie.

Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Revolver

I recently watched the Ip man films and it's amazing. It made me almost hate the japanese until I remembered this was an anti japan film.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#176  Edited By dichemstys

Grave Encounters 2. Pretty smart story, I'm a sucker for movie sequels where the original movie exists in the sequel's universe (Human Centipede 2). Cool ending, pretty unexpected. 7/10

Avatar image for dancingpolkabear
dancingpolkabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looper, surprisingly disappointing. Felt like they lost sight of their interesting premise and boiled down into a dumb action movie in the end.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By ghost_cat

Cosmopolis- 5/5.

The more you watch it, the more you become trapped, which soon becomes something fearful and real about our current world. Also I am a huge David Cronenberg fan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Not as bad as I had been lead to believe, but still very dull and boring. Insanely hot bald chick and VGER (at least until I found out what it was) saved it.

3/5

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

The Master - 3/5

I really wanted to like this movie, but it went nowhere. The performances were fantastic, but the story was simply a dull bore.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#181  Edited By Bwast

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 3/5

Often slow and nothing really happens but the performances are great, has a great look, utilizes special effects perfectly, and the overall message is simple but beautiful.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By billyhoush

Men in Black 3 - 3/5

I was surprised by the sentimental ending as the rest of the movie was boring CGI crap. Will Smith looks just as old and tired as Tommy Lee Jones.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#183  Edited By audioBusting

Last movie I watched is Rio. That movie pisses me off. -19/10 with +1 point for the first 3 minutes or so.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By teh_destroyer

The Adventures of Tintin 100/10

I liked the story and its characters a lot, all the actors were great characters. Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis, Daniel Craig, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. What is there not to like with Stephen Spielberg and Peter Jackson to back these fantastic actors up?

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#185  Edited By destruktive

Dredd 3D (in 2d): 4/5 surprisingly.

Why? Because of nostalgia. I loved the original movie even though it's pretty stupid and the new one does a good job being a Judge Dredd movie. Even the fact that every single person playing a Judge in that movie does the "dredd face" that good old Syl does in the first movie is awesome. Even the ladies.. It's basically just a stupid and fun movie.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#186  Edited By big_jon

Dark Knight Rises 5/5

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#187  Edited By aurahack

Premium Rush, 4/5.

That movie has a surprisingly good sense of humor.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By falserelic

Prometheus 6/10 It had plot holes and 2 stupid scientists. But these two scenes made up for it. SPIOLERS!!!!

I actually felt sorry for that engineer. Nobody doesn't deserve to get molested by a giant facehugger. If that wasn't bad enough he gave birth to the first xenomorph.

It looked like it withheld so much power. Those two jaws looked painful.....

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#189  Edited By dichemstys

@falserelic said:

Prometheus 6/10 It had plot holes and 2 stupid scientists. But these two scenes made up for it. SPIOLERS!!!!

I hate that they show the alien in the commercial for the DVD. THAT'S THE BIG FUCKING SURPRISE! Spoiled.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looper 8/10. Surprisingly emotional movie. Timeline stuff can be confusing at times but really incidental to the overall plot, go see this movie for the characters.

Dredd 3D 8/10. Never saw the original, but the movie stands on it's own legs. Excellent popcorn movie, tons of great action set pieces. Karl Urban is a stone cold badass. Best use of 3D in some time.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By coaxmetal

The Fifth Element: 5/5, still great.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@falserelic: Prometheus had about 10 stupid scientists, Idris Elba, and a smart android; still an entertaining movie and interesting from a philosophical standpoint if nothing else.

farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By farmer

Black Robe

4/5

Really appreciate the use of native American languages, but it could be a bit dull at times.

thetrusammael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By thetrusammael

Underworld : Awakening. Maybe one of the most meaningless movies I have seen in some time. It was MADDENING how bad it was. How f'ing hard is it to make a werewolf/vampire movie these days? It gets Constipated out of 5 Bowel Movements...

Whitelock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Whitelock

Dredd 3D - 4/5 A few hours of watching dudes get shot in the face. in 3D! however the best 3D in the film was the resident evil trailer before it started but whatever.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By AiurFlux

The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

9/10. It really is quite an incredible movie. It's just absurdly hard to find anywhere given how small the release is. But it's both very funny and then heart-breakingly sad. Seriously, if you can go see it do so immediately. There's just something about it that has me absolutely in love with it.

Molenator85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Molenator85

We Need to Talk About Kevin - Pretty dark and uncompromising film. It was really well shot and Tilda Swinton turns in what maybe my favorite performance of hers. Good child acting too, which is rare these days. 4/5.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By jayjonesjunior

Looper 5/5

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#199  Edited By Skytylz

@jayjonesjunior said:

Looper 5/5

Same, holy shit was it amazing! Favourite movie this year by far.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Nux

I don't remember what the last movie I saw was so 5/5.