Redownloading from I-Tunes

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

I bought some stuff off there a while ago, and then naturally, I had to format due to my pc being fucked.

Do I have to buy the things I want again? I can't see a redownload history.

If so, this is the worst shit.

If I can just grab my old stuff again, please hook me up with instructions!

Thanks <3

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

I believe you can authorize up to five computers to download purchased content from iTunes. Since you probably didn't de-authorize your account before you re-formatted your PC you should have four left. Just log into your iTunes account and then click the store menu at the top of iTunes and click on "Authorize Computer...". Then, in the same menu, hit "Check for Available Downloads...".

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" I believe you can authorize up to five computers to download purchased content from iTunes. Since you probably didn't de-authorize your account before you re-formatted your PC you should have four left. Just log into your iTunes account and then click the store menu at the top of iTunes and click on "Authorize Computer...". Then, in the same menu, hit "Check for Available Downloads...". "
This is correct.
L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By L33tfella_H

A friend of mine had to re-format, and itunes didn't let him re-download anything..he lost over 80£ worth of music...they might've changed the policy...but this happend like a year ago.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I just went there to try and give you some instructions, and ended up entering a wrong password like 4 times, and now I can't login xD  
but basically :  
@SpikeSpiegel said:

" I believe you can authorize up to five computers to download purchased content from iTunes. Since you probably didn't de-authorize your account before you re-formatted your PC you should have four left. Just log into your iTunes account and then click the store menu at the top of iTunes and click on "Authorize Computer...". Then, in the same menu, hit "Check for Available Downloads...". "
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Romination

And I haven't been able to redownload The Animatrix since I accidentally forgot to transfer it between computers

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fallen189

This is great.

It's only letting me redownload an Iron Man rental which I bought by accident one day.

Nothing I want is there, this is the worst :P

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

Have you tried e-mailing them or is that a waste of time? I wouldn't know anything about it since I don't use Apple products.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fallen189
@eroticfishcake said:
" Have you tried e-mailing them or is that a waste of time? I wouldn't know anything about it since I don't use Apple products. "
Not yet, I was just seeing if I could get a quick fix before I have to go through all this argey bargey.

I don't really use itunes at all, I just picked up some Ricky Gervias podcasts a while ago because I won a giftcard.
MrMuise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MrMuise

If you contact them and bitch enough they'll let you redownload all your stuff however their policy is that if you lose it you're fucked.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Fallen189: I was just looking at the FAQ (check Downloading iTunes Store Purchases>>>Incomplete Download) for iTunes on the official site.

A little vague at times but it says you can only download your purchases once. If you want to download it again, you need to purchase it. I'm not entirely sure if that fits your situation though.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Send support an email, you can get your old stuff back in the event of a harddrive failure. A friend of mine had the same problem and he sent them an email explaining what happened and they authorized him to download all of his stuff again.

I just tried to find a link but on their website it says you can't - but at least give it a shot. I am 100% sure they allowed my bud to redownload his stuff, I see no reason why they shouldn't allow you to do the same.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mhkjtha

this is why you dont buy music online

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@mhkjtha: Not quite, this is why you backup your files. Buying music online is not a bad thing, stop the hate!
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fallen189
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Fallen189: I was just looking at the FAQ (check Downloading iTunes Store Purchases>>>Incomplete Download) for iTunes on the official site.   A little vague at times but it says you can only download your purchases once. If you want to download it again, you need to purchase it. I'm not entirely sure if that fits your situation though. "
How incredibly archaic and irritating. Thanks for the help anyway, even if it lead me to a bullshit endgame :)
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DanielJW
@Fallen189: Don't they have live chat support? I was in a situation similar to yours and they were able to help. 
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Fallen189: I'll try e-mailing them first and see what they say about it. Hope you get your stuff back (somehow).
L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By L33tfella_H
@Fallen189 said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" Have you tried e-mailing them or is that a waste of time? I wouldn't know anything about it since I don't use Apple products. "
I just picked up some Ricky Gervias podcasts a while ago because I won a giftcard. "
Ricky Gervais Podcast is always nice to listen to.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fallen189
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Fallen189: I'll try e-mailing them first and see what they say about it. Hope you get your stuff back (somehow). "
It would help if the UI on the apple webpage was a bit less...shit.

Plus, I'm in the UK, and the American store thing is confusing my poor Itunes. To the internet!
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallen189

I can sadly confirm that because I didn't back them up, I have now lost them forever.

How ridiculous. If steam tried that shit, people wouldn't stand for it.

Very silly if you ask me :(

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Fallen189: Did they say you couldn't get them back?
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fallen189
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Fallen189: Did they say you couldn't get them back? "
"It's my own fault for not backing up"

Why the fuck would I use a monetised store like steam, if I didn't want the convenience of downloading at my leisure? And backing up M4A's? Nothing can play them, so why would I?

I guess it's back to piracy.
L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By L33tfella_H

Yea, it's suprising how Apple can get away with a policy like that '1 Strike, You're out!'

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Just so you know, Rhapsody let's you redownload all your stuff. I think up to 4 times, but I could be wrong. All the songs work on your iPod too. It's what I use to buy music online.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gizmo

You should be really pissed right now.

No fucking wonder 90% of SANE people download their music of torrents/usenet. Buying CD's is also ok, at least then you have a physical property and the keep of it is down entirely to you.
At least with buying CD's , you have the option to rip to the hard-drive, but this is exactly why people have given up hope with legal online music downloads:

Fucking DRM

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Fallen189 said:

" @eroticfishcake said:

" @Fallen189: Did they say you couldn't get them back? "

"It's my own fault for not backing up"  Why the fuck would I use a monetised store like steam, if I didn't want the convenience of downloading at my leisure? And backing up M4A's? Nothing can play them, so why would I?  I guess it's back to piracy. "
Sorry to hear about that. Well, next time if you ever download anything off iTunes you might as well back it up since external harddrives are dirt cheap by this stage. Nicking some music off your friends might help patch up your collection as well.

@Gizmo said:
" You should be really pissed right now.  No fucking wonder 90% of SANE people download their music of torrents/usenet. Buying CD's is also ok, at least then you have a physical property and the keep of it is down entirely to you.At least with buying CD's , you have the option to rip to the hard-drive, but this is exactly why people have given up hope with legal online music downloads: Fucking DRM "

What he said.