User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Drekly
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I saw that. What the fuck. I totally have most of their albums. Sucks.

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lazyimperial

Rest in peace, Chester Bennington. On a related but different note, that's two lead singers for Stone Temple Pilots dead in less than two years. Jeez! I really feel for those guys. Suckage all around.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rough. Haven't listened to Linkin Park since their debut except for an occasional song here and there, but I sure did enjoy it back in the day.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By FacelessVixen

Chester has been dealing with some serious shit. So, pour one out for Chester. Seriously sucks to see him go out this way.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@andythemez: You intended to come into a topic about someone passing away and crack a joke? Not here, duder. Keep it classy.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"Chris Cornell born July 20, 1964"

Sigh.

As Danny posted earlier:

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is terribly, terribly sad. i never was much of a fan, but i do sincerely appreciate the songs they wrote for kids going through difficult times. how devastating that the music he made to help others wasn't enough for himself.

RIP Chester- you had a fucking crazy set of pipes, and you'll be missed,

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

back when I was an emotional teenager, this silly band helped me through some rough times. Chester was an amazing singer, there was no doubt about that. Rest in peace.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Linkin Park along with Papa Roach and Limp Bizkit were my favorite bands growing up. They always remained close to me. Going to their concerts even now is so much fun as you will find people who are exactly like you: who used to listen to their music all the time in their teens and are now adults still going berserk to their music. The vibe was always fantastic for this reason.

This comes as a true surprise to me. The music he and his band made enriches my and many others' lives, probably more than he realizes. Music is powerful. It can hit hard. This hits hard.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

What the hell! Don't mind admitting this as hit me more than I was expecting. Hybrid Theory was the first album I ever bought and have fond memories of their music in the early days.

Thoughts with his family and friends, the dude had a hell of a voice. RIP.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Capum15

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

God damnit.

I didn't give the last album much of a shot, but they were still my favorite band ever since Hybrid Theory, and this just...

fuck. God this hits hard.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck.

RIP

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D:

Bummer. I loved Hybrid Theory when I was growing up and saw them live once. I also enjoy bad AMVs which usually feature some Linkin Park. The man was responsible for many things I enjoyed.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not their biggest fan or anything, but this is a legit bummer. Wish it hadn't gone this way. Can't help but feel this is connected to Cornell.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Shit. This is sad. Thoughts to his family, and I wish he could have found help. Say what you will about their music but no one deserves to feel bad enough about life to kill themselves.

If you need help, try to get it. Everyone has people who love them or are willing to help, more than they realize.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BoboBones

I was 8 when Hybrid Theory came out, and 11 when Meteora released. Haven't been a fan since then, but just like everyone else in the Midwest I sure heard those first two records A LOT at that time. Those records were the soundtrack to many a game of pick up basketball, and a summer worth of laps in Gran Turismo.

It's hard to talk to about this stuff, but please don't suppress thoughts of self harm.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks, I loved Hybrid Theory as a teenager. RIP.

T-Dot1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad to hear. My condolences to him and his family.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP

vizard1301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First album i ever bought was hybrid theory damn sad news,i hope his family will be strong.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even thought those latest albums are hot garbage. Those first ones where really good and kinda gave shape to my teenage years. Thanks for all that ! gone but not forgotten, rip Chester Bennington.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw them live way back and they put on an incredible concert. Glad I was able to see him and Scott Weiland before they both passed away, but damn if it isn't a huge bummer. Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Core, Purple, Tiny Music and Shangri-La Dee Da were my favorite albums back in High School.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This still gets me going:

Loading Video...

I feel like an idiot for not wanting to work double shifts to pay for the concert ticket when they were out here a while back. I've been to so many concerts and so many festivals I just kind of got too used to it to care all the time. Turns out I should have cared this particular time.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrible news. Their music was never my thing, but my heart goes out to him, his loved ones, bandmates, and fans.

One of my tenants is a tour chef, and he was just about to head out to work on the Linkin Park tour. :(

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He may not have put out (as far as i'm aware) a good song since 2003, but that doesn't change how important those first two album's were to me growing up.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP =(

Lord_Anime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucks

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He had 6 kids, didn't he? Including twin 5 year olds? My heart goes out to them.

jackson1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters: Chris was the godfather to one of Chester's kids. Today is Chris's birthday, which was apparently too much for Chester emotionally. I feel horrible for his 6 children.

CujoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my best memories from high school was going with the band to an indoor go cart track in Lincoln Nebraska. My friend got a gig doing concierge services for a lot of bands that would come through town. The only time I got to tag along was when Linkin Park came though. They were really chill and really friendly. Even though their later albums weren't my favorite I always rooted for them because I genuinely believed they were good dudes. It hurts to see that it ended like this.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I haven't listened to Link in Park in a long time but Hybrid Theory and Meteora were some of the first albums I got way into.

I don't really know what to say. This is the worst.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Damn...Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Eminem, Linkin Park, definitely a big part of growing up in that era.

Those guys sold more records than god, just goes to show mental illness is serious shit.

Rest in peace for sure.

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP

LP was one of my favorite bands when growing up. Mental illness is no small matter, folks. It deserves a lot more attention than society gives it.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depression is the worst RIP

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, what a bummer.

I'm shocked and can't believe it.

RIP and my heartfelt condolences go out to his family.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I was in high school when they blew up big, so everyone I knew had some affection for LP at one point or another. It was sad, shocking news. Leaving six children behind makes this an even bigger bummer.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Looks like he did it because his best friend Chris Cornell committed suicide 2 months ago, today is Chris Cornells birthday. Can't imagine what his family and the other band members are going through right now.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm having a hard time dealing with this, especially after Chris Cornell. I haven't been a fan since Meteora, like most people my age, but that doesn't make a difference. Bennington and LP just seemed like they would be a constant entity. Chester was in the news so much recently with his comments about the haters of their new record....it's just surreal to me. It hits very close to home. RIP.